Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Spare Wheel Mount

I have a 1926 six cyl. Rugby.I would like to mount
the spare wheel on the right hand fender instead of on the rear. Is this possible.
Regards,
Peter Dunne

Re: Spare Wheel Mount

Peter:
You can do it but you will need to do some searching for parts. You will need a fender weel to put in your wheel in. Normally I would say get a reproduction fender well from a Model A supplier but the model A wheel is a different size from your wheel so the wheel won't fit in the well. I made one once using a continential kit and cut a section off which I welded in the fender for a well. You will have to obtain or fabricate a wheel mount and then you will have to decide how you want to mount the spare. You can make a bracket like was used to hold tires on screenside pickups. You could also purchase a accessory Model T running board spare tire mount and use it and not put a well in the fender. Hope this helps
Jan

Re: Spare Wheel Mount

Jan,
Many thanks for that.I think it'll worth theeffort.

Peter

The Durant Motors Automobile Club