Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Jersey Durant Meet Pictures

The first pictures of last weekends Durant meet are now posted in the Photograhs section. Click on the Photographs button, then click on the Past Events Button. From there one last click on the 2004 Annual meet button and you're there.

Rick

Re: New Jersey Durant Meet Pictures

Okay, Rick!

I didnot find pictures from the 2004 Annual Meeting, but I did see ones from the Western meeting from Oregon -- that said new. Did you hide them?

I just stopped by to look and see what was new . Be glad the meeting was last weekend --- IVAN is here and he is going to dump 5+ inches of rain on us here in the NJ today -- with possible flooding. NOT good Durant weather.

Carla

(Carol -- I will leave the Durant collection to my Dad and my kids --- it is their: Pop Pop and grandkid thing to do together --- I just tag along to make sure Pop Pop does not give them each a quarter to play on the Garden State Parkway.)

Carla,
Go back to the Past Events page and then hit the Reload/Refresh button on your browser. You were in the right place just looking at the old page was all.

Rick

Rick-

I actually found it by clicking on the link for the 7th annual meeting.

Thanks for your help!!!!

Carla

Great pictures Rick!! Thanks for posting them so quickly.

It's hard to believe that it was just a week ago and the weather was great! We have had over 6 inches of rain here overnight and a lot of flooding.

Can't wait till the next meet, we had such a good time

Rick

Photos on the web are great, and we are getting some very good photos in the CD's that we are receiving.

In addition to those that let us download photos at the meet, we have received CD's from Rick Botti, and Lance Haynes.

If there is anyone else that has digital photos that they would like to share, we will be making a DVD with everyones photos. So please, share them with us, so that we can share them with everyone else.

Thanks.

Charlie Spitz

Rick
Great pictures, I'm sorry I missed the event, sounds like all had a great time. We've seen pictures of two Durant plants now, does anyone know if any of the other plants are still standing? It would be interesting to see then and now photographs if they could be had.

Mike,

That is a good question. Of the four main plants, the club has visited 2, of the other two I know that Leaside was demolished sometime around the 80’s and I believe that the Lansing factory was sold to GM for Oldsmobile production (someone correct me if I’m wrong). Then there were the two early plants, one in upstate New York and the other in Muncie, Indiana, their fate seems to be a mystery.

Rick

Great Pictures Rick, Thank you for posting them so quickly. I have just sent a CD to Charles for the DVDs...

Where Are You From? users.adelphia.net/~catart/DurantHome.html

With respect to Rick's comments about Durant factories - I have a photo, taken in 1929, of a dealers' convention in Leaside with many (most/all Canadian) dealers standing outside the Leaside plant. It is one of those long (four shots put together) and narrow photos. I am going to send it to Rick once I have figured out how to send it electronically. I have had a negative made and could provide copies at cost if anyone is interested.

Rick. Thanks again for all your free unpaid work of running our website. Your tops. I sure enjoy it a ton. Also thanks for posting all your pictures so quickly and making them available at all times. Keep it up my friend. Ours is the best old car website going. Later Lance Haynes

Great pictures.. What can I say that hasn't already been said. Thanks a million Rick.

Yates

Thanks Everyone, It’s nice to have one’s work appreciated, that makes my day

Rick

The Durant Motors Automobile Club