Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ignition/lights switch

Looking for a missing ignition/light switch I found two of the same manufacturer stated in manuals for my 1928 M2 Rugby. One has same view and contacts with fuse holder, shown in drawings attached to maintenance manuals, but the face has a round plate fixed to the body with two rivets, and my car has an oval hole. Fixing screws fit but I should have to remove the face plate and replace it, or leave it partially seen. For my surprise, I found that the contact switch can be actuated by any thing that fits in the groove, with no mechanical code as conventional keys.

The other switch of the same manufacturer has some differences with the previous one, looks much more primitive in the interior, somebody told me that belonged to a T Ford and has a conventional key to operate the contact switch.

Can somebody clarify me if Durant cars in 1928 had conventional keys or just any flat thing entering in the groove actuated the contact switch?

Thanks

Re: Ignition/lights switch

Ricardo, The keys were flat with square cuts. Goyo

The Durant Motors Automobile Club