Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Interesting Sunday.

Last Sunday, I was out flying with a friend, just knocking some holes in the sky, when the friend mentioned he would like to get some lunch. So, I dropped us into a little strip South East of Portland called Mulino where they have a nice little airport cafe.

As we were sitting there eating our lunch, this guy noticed my Durant Motors T-shirt I was wearing, and came over to tell me that his grandfather owned a Durant dealership in Portland! Wow! Well I got his name (Forrest Woods) and number and plan to contact him soon to get any info he has on the business. Who knows, his grandfather could have been the one that sold my car to my grandfather!

Curt Smith

Re: Interesting Sunday.

Curt,
I would be interested to see if this is the dealership that was pictured on the website some months back. Several of us from the area questioned where it was located in Portland. I know that my 29 Roadster was sold at the old Durant/Essex/Hudson dealership that is now Wentworth Chev on Grand Avenue. It was called Grand Avenue Motors then, but the picture was not in that area. It will be interesting to see what you find out.

Gary Warden
Atlanta

Gary:
I do recall that he something about the dealership name being 'Shehan' (sp?). He also said the they went on to sell Studebakers.

Curt.

Maybe he'll have a picture or two. You never know.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club