Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
7th Annual DMAC Meet - Who's Going?

Here it is August already and the annual meeting is coming up real fast. So my question is, who's going?
I plan to be there, I don't want to miss a chance to tour the NJ Durant factory, or should I say the Durant Cookie factory?

I also hope someone is bringing a video camera, this shindig sounds like fun!

Rick

Re: 7th Annual DMAC Meet - Who's Going?

Hi Rick. Count Beth and I in. We been signed up for over a month now. Would not miss this event for nothing. Way to historic. Also chance to meet new members. Later Lance & Beth Haynes

Doris and I will be attending. Will be sending my registration form in today. My son, Mike is not sure at this time. Can't wait to meet so many members that I have not met face to face, yet I have corresponded with over the past 7 or so years. Don't miss this great event.

Yates

There is a rumor that some members of the Spitz family may be in attendance. Not sure how many as of this writing but there could be one or two, or more. We have such a long trip to make to the meeting site that we have not yet decided the mode of travel, gosh do we do the train, plane, taxi, automobile (and which one), truck, bus, walk, run, oh well, decisions decisions.

But we cant wait too long, the deadline for registration is but 14 days away. I better talk to Peg and see what we are doing that weekend.

Charlie

Cathy & I wil be there on Thursday, hoefully with our '26 Star touring

Hope to see everyone there, the touring will have room for extra riders!!

Mary & I will be there Rick and we hope a lot of others. I'm trying to get a couple of Mary's secret cookie recipes out of her before the registration goes in. Thanks for reminding me that time grows short.

We (my 4 1/2 year old son, 11 month old son, husband and I) will be joining some of the events too. I have the pleasure or unpleasure depending how you see it of driving by the Durant/ Interbake Factory everyday on my way to work. I work about 12 blocks from their.

Carla Spitz-Fisher

part of the Spitz clan

Glad to see my daughter post....but I do need to remind her that she has a 4 1/2 yr old son and an 11 month old daughter.........and both of them love to ride in Pop-Pop's Durants.......they will get the opportunity to do just that in another week in San Diego.

And just as Carla is encouraging you to join us in NJ, Peg and I extend our invitation to all of you.....

charlie spitz

First, registrations as s l o w l y arriving in my mail box....please get them in as soon as possible.

Second, I had a telephone call this morning from a relative of a former Elizabeth Durant plant employee....the gentleman is 95, and his daughter is bringing him to the Saturday event when we tour the plant. He could be the last living Durant employee.

Remember: Registration, photographs of your car emailed either to me or my daughter, and cookie recipes. They can also be emailed for those of you that have registered and not sent one in.

If you dont send a recipe you will not have your name and photo in the Recipe Cookie cook book. My daughter has indicated that photos of our Durants and my grandchildren will be included if we do not get enough photos.

Have a great week.

Charlie Spitz

finally talked my father to bring his 24 star and my mom sent in reg. today so we will be there on sat&sun looking forward to a good time

Jeff

that is great we look forward to seeing you...also send an electronic photo of your car and a cookie recipe with your registration.

Just received a cookie recipe via email from Rick Botti...thanks Rick....anyone else....you can send photos or recipes to either my email address or my daughters. Both are on one of the posts about photos and recipes.

thanks

charlie

Also received the first picture. But I think we will use a photo of this persons Durant, if that is ok.

charlie

UPDATE - - - FLASH MESSAGE from NJ

Today, the US Mail delivered a proclamation from the NJ Senate, declaring September 10-12, 2004 Durant Days in the State of NJ.

The proclamation will be given to our DMAC President at the Annual Meeting. Also, if I did not already post this, the Monmouth County Government has also declared Durant Days in the County.........What next? The Governor....doubtful!

Charlie

WOW!!!

Yes, yes, yes. I knew Charlie was up to this job as he knows everyone in the grand State of New Jersey. Go Charlie and the Durant Club. Go, go, go. See you there Sept. 7th PM. Can't wait. Lance & Beth Haynes

Is anyone planning to bring a video camera to the meet?

Rick

Where Are You From? www.durantmotors.org

Rick

I have been advised by my daughter that we need to purchase one for the family....therefore, I should have one by the DMAC Meeting.

Also, here is a list of those people that we have received a registration form. Keep in mind that this list is as of August 10, since we have been in San Diego and have not seen our NJ mail. So if your name is not listed below, and you did send in a registration, it could be in our NJ mailbox.

1. Lance and Beth Haynes
2 Rick Botti
3. Bert and Sonia Babick
4. Frank and Cathy Witkowski
5. Richard and Carolyn Bandel
6. Bob Krause
7. George and Glenda Trollman
8. John Brown and Lorrine Rainey
9. Edward Vomero and guest
10. Bill and Elaine Hossfield
11. Ron and Gloria Wiersma
12. Charles and Peggy Spitz

If you have not sent in your registration, please do it soon. Also, do not forget to include a cookie recipe, and please send a photograph of your car to me at my email address.

Thanks

Charlie and Peggy Spitz

Talked to Larry Fograzzo last night and he Carolyn will be there
Saturday with his 28 Durant Model 75. He was late sending in his registration as well as Doris and myself.

Yates

Only three weeks, I hope to meet our East Coast and Canadian members in NJ. Send your registration form in now!

Rick

We know that the registration form said the deadline was August 15, but it is still not to late to send in your registration form and check.

You do not want to miss this event. Actually, you do not want to miss these EVENTS, and there are some things that have never been done at a DMAC meeting in the past that you want to be there for.

Our daughter is putting your cookie recipes into a great cookbook that each of you will get a copy of....if you are not there, there may not be any copies left.

Have you ever been to a Jersey Shore BBQ? They are better than a Hawaiian laua! Dont miss the opportunity to show your Durant cars, and have the opportunity of meeting and sharing experiences with other Durant owners.

If anyone needs directions or wants to know about activites to do or places to go, either before or after the DMAC meeting, please let us know.

I know that some of you want to go to NYC and see the "big apple" and we can help you to plan that journey. A trip to our nations capitol is only 2.5 hours by train.....

As one TV game show says "Come on Down" or up or east or south or north, not too many people will be coming west.

See you all in about 20 days.

Charlie and Peggy Spitz

Only 2 weeks left to the big meet in Jersey. Send your registration form in today.

Ditto.

Send in those registration forms. Peg and I are still in San Diego, and we will be doing a count of those coming this weekend. We will post those that are going to join us for some great events in the Garden State.

Those of you that are coming...go on a diet NOW so that you can eat all the food that we will have and you can gain back what you lose in the next two weeks.

The annual meeting luncheon is a buffet, and the food at this restaurant is fabulous. The luncheon on Saturday at the cookie factory (old Durant plant) will be a cuisine that most of you do not get the opportunity to have, and we will keep you guessing as to what it is for a few days. The BBQ at the Spitz Ranch, well, some of you have had the pleasure of eating food prepared by my wife so that you know you are in for a real treat. Those that have not dined in one of our homes, all that I can say is bring an appetite. And the final luncheon on Sunday at the Deal Country Club is bound to be a nice treat as well. I dont even know the menu for that one yet. The Deal Historical Society set that event up for us, so we can all be surprised. Although, I will find out what we are having next week when I meet in Deal.

So it is not too late to get your registration in. Mail it today and it should arrive in NJ before we do.

Charlie and Peggy Spitz

The Durant Motors Automobile Club