Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1920 Dort Touring Car

I have a 1920 Dort Model 17-A Car Number 78038. This car is not restored and in many pieces. I would like to know what it may be worth and what is the best way to sell it. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Richard B. Malin Phone (302) 653-1198

Re: 1920 Dort Touring Car

Richard: You need to provide more information as to the condition of the car (parts). Is it all there or are a lot of parts missing. Are the parts original or has someone substituted a lot of parts. What shape is the drive train in. It is harder to sell a car which is not running and even harder if it is apart. A lot is learned about how a car goes together by taking it apart. In the case of a limited production like the Dort unless the person took a lot of pictures it become guess work. What shape is the interior and the sheet metal parts. The best way to sell it is to make a list of what you have and the condition. Then take a lot of pictures so people can see the condition. If the engine is in the frame see if it can be started but if it is locked up don't try and break it loose unless you know what you are doing. Send me an email with pictures and I will try and help.
jan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club