Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
North West Tour

I know many of this forums regulars were able to attend Mike Larsen's Hood River Tour. Please tell us all about it, inquiring minds want to know!

Rick

Re: North West Tour

Rick The NW tour was great! I drove my 6-14 from home across the shoulder of Mt. Hood (pass elevation 4600 feet) to Hood River (I coasted some of the way down the other side). The three tours were great and all of slightly different character. Mike Larsen did a great job of putting everything together. The motel was first class with a very impressive resturant and spectacular views of the Columbia River Gorge. The wind ALWAYS blows there which helps to keep the temps at bay, and the windsurfers happy! But best of all were the people and their great cars! I think everyone had a great time, and I always pick up some tidbits of old car lore that helps. You guys that didn't make it missed a goody! Ross

Fun,Fun,Fun! Mikey really put togather a great event.. Three days of the best and most senic touring I have ever been a part of...The little Red '23 Touring car scampered up and down the hills always with a full compliment of passengers , ran great the whole time...I can still picture a line of beautiful Durant cars winding down the road in front of me with Mt. Hood always in the backdrop, it was awsome...A really great bunch of guys, gals and cars, I am ready to go again tomorrow! Thank you Mike for making this all possiable....Go Durant club!!!
Bill and Bjorg Hoaglan

Boy where do we start. Great tour beautiful surroundings, (Mt. Hood with snow all over the top) great people great food, great hospitality suite, lots of good stuff to eat and drink, hotel was a first class fairly new right on the mighty Columbian river with a free Portland newspaper every day for all of us. We had 34 people attend from one time and another and 12 cars at one time. Couple had to be trailed back in but by and large most ran pretty darn good. A lot of driving and some 95 degree heat down at the Dallas dam. My dear wife has already wrote the complete story for the next Durant Partner. We gave out trophies too and awards. It did not cost our club one penny either. I will forward it to Rick. He might want to post it. 75% of our members don't have computers though. Go DMAC. And thank you Mike Larsen. Great guy. Later Lance

Great fun time with the Durant club. Jeanne and I want to thank Ross, Bill, Jim and Lance for letting us ride in their cars. We were thrilled to see those old Durants make their way around the Columbia and over that crazy steel bridge. Nothing like it, nothing beats it! KN

The Durant Motors Automobile Club