Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
AACA Award in San Diego for a Durant car

Good news everyone. Charlie Spitz and I just received a AACA 1st Jr. award here in San Diego tonight in our first try with the 1930 Durant model 407. We are extremely proud. Not a easy task. Took almost two years of hard work. The judges seemed very impressed with the car. The interior Female judge was at our table tonight for the awards banquet and she was very complemental about the car. Now onward for a Sr. award. Go Durant club. Later Lance

Re: AACA Award in San Diego for a Durant car

xcelent

Charlie and Lance,

Congratulations. Lance I hope you now appreciate the effort it takes to restore one of the cars back to the condition when new and arrived in the dealer's showroom.

Bob

CONGRADULATIONS ! !

It's good to see a Durant getting this recognition, you both deserve a good pat on the back for this achievement. Where are you taking it next?

See you guy's in NJ in Sptember.

Frank

I'll have to call Hershey today and get a run down on where there is another national meet that is close by. There is one in Santa Rosa up above the wine country but that is over a 8 hour trip. Would be closer to go over into Arizona somewhere. My Daughter lives just outside Phoenix too. That only takes 5 hours to get there and never any rain. Yes Bob there is a great satisfaction to achieving this level with one of our Durant cars. I have the AACA 2004 past award winner's book and there was only one 30 durant in there to ever receive a AACA award and that was 40 years ago in Atlanta and it was a Jr. only. So if we can get a Sr. that would be the first time a 30 Durant has ever reached that high. There is no 31 Durant awards. Man. Bob Porter does have all the awards you can get from AACA with his 27 star and that was almost 20 years ago. Later Lance

Lance and Charlie
Congradulations on your award! Looks like that your hard work has really paid off....I think it would be in order for Bob Smith to send each of you a complimentry club hat...Size extra large of coarse...Keep up the great work and thanks for being our Prez....Bill

Lance & Charlie
Congratulations on winning the award. It means a whole lot when you are recognized by your peers as having a prize winning vehicle. Nice to see a Durant in the winners circle.
I have been to Hershey over the years, and I have never ever seen a Durant on the show field, the judging field or anywhere!
Maybe you can change that.
All the very best.
Gord.

Lance,
The next closet meet to you is the one in Santa Rosa in August. All 2004 meets are listed in the March-April issue of the Antique Automobile. I have not seen a 2005 list that lists any meets in the Western Division yet.

Bob

Way to go big brother.
David- Bremerton, WA

To my fellow DMAC Members:

Thanks.

And I owe a big BRAVO ZULU to Lance for the fantastic job that he did restoring the 1930 Durant. If it were not for his efforts, time, and patience, this car would not be in the excellent condition that it is in today.

While Peg and I, as well as our entire family, are very proud of the AACA First Junior Award, we share this award with Lance and Beth Haynes.

We know that the next west coast AACA meet is in Santa Rosa, but we are not sure that we can make that trip, and still be ready for the DMAC Annual Meeting here in NJ.

Thank you all for your posts, and we look forward to seeing you in NJ in early September. Peg and I are planning some nice events.

Charlie Spitz

Congrads on the award and keeping Durant in the public eye. I for one like the redone running boards and think the car looks great! Let's see a picture of that engine compartment too.

I will be putting pictures on the website soon

Rick

CONGRATULATIONS- Charlie and Lance........This truly is helping the DMAC in its growth. I hope we see more Durant products in the winners circle..

Yates

The Durant Motors Automobile Club