Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dues apologies due & snubber help please

Just wanted to apologize for not renewing til this morning. I know how frustrating and annoying it can be for brave volunteers to have to keep track of this stuff and I regret adding to anyone's work.

In other news, I am going to try and "redo" the Gabriel snubbers on my '28 M2. This was another part of the car that had been restored previously by applying a thick coat of shiney black paint. Under the paint tha plating seems pretty nice. Were all these spring loaded web type snubbers pretty much the same? I don't think that the first one I have off does anything anymore as the belt doesn't go in or out, but I am wary of taking it completey apart for fear the spring will attack like a clock sprink relaesed without due caution. Any info is appreciated, even if it is just to tell me that these are just like the ones illustrated on the teck page.

Thanks as always,
Justin

Re: Dues apologies due & snubber help please

Hi Justin,
Can't give you any help on the snubbers, but I know who can...The dudes that will be attending the 7th Annual Meet in Tinton Falls, NJ. You live just across the river in NY. Please attend and bring the Durant

Yates.

Re: Dues apologies due & snubber help please

Justin:
Go to the tech page where you will find instructions on the repair of the snubbers. As you indicated they are not hard to repair.
Thanks
Jan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club