Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Durant Trunk For Sale

My Father has a metal trunk that is off a Durant automobile that is in restoreable condition. We are not sure of the year or model. I have looked at some of the photos on this site and I am convinced it is a Durant rear trunk. I am thinking of selling it on E-Bay unless there is interest elsewhere. I still have to take some photos of it to e-mail to any interested buyers. We also need to come up with a fair price. Let me know if interested.

Re: Durant Trunk For Sale

As far as I know, all trunks were after-market. The racks were a factory item, but the trunks were not. There is a guy in Oklahoma City that is making NOS trunks and they are very nice. He advertises in Hemmings. They go for about $300.00, or so. I have one on my 29 Roadster and it looks real nice. Most Model A catalogs have them too. There is one on EBay right now for $270.00, but no bidders.

Gary Warden
Atlanta

Re: Durant Trunk For Sale

At the recent Portland swap meet, the Model A vendor had a number of new trunks in different colors selling for $280.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club