Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
May 1st Tour

If you think you may be interested in attending the May 1st tour, I've posted the information below.
====================================================

The Pacific Coast Chapter tour will be held on Saturday, May 1st. Bert & Sonia Babick will be our hosts and have planned a day of tire kicking, driving and old fashioned fun. Bert has arranged for a block of ten rooms to be set aside at the Best Western hotel for anyone wishing to arrive early or stay late. The club rate is only $89 a night if you mention code number "Durant Motors". Please make your reservations early as the cutoff date is the 23rd!

The tour will start from the hotel parking lot at 9am and return sometime around 5pm. Don't forget to bring a camera and for those of you planning to drive your car (modern or antique) please consider bringing a FM walkie-talkie. They provide an excellent way for us to keep in touch with an average range of 2 to 5 miles. I'll bring two, one for the tour leader and one for the tail gunner.

If you have any questions contact Bert at starcar22@earthlink.net or (707) 553-8391 or myself at rick@durantmotors.com.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.
Rick Botti
Durant Motors Automobile Club

Directions to:
Best Western Hotel
1596 Fairgrounds Dr
Vallejo, CA 94589-2080
(877) 554-9655

From the South & East Bay

1. Take I-80 EAST towards SACRAMENTO/VALLEJO - go 20.2 miles
2. Take the COLUMBUS PKWY/CA-37 exit towards NAPA - go 0.8 miles
3. Take the CA-37 exit towards NAPA - go 0.3 miles
4. Take the FAIRGROUNDS DRIVE exit towards MARINE WORLD - go 0.2 miles
5. Turn on FAIRGROUNDS DRIVE - go 0.2 miles

From the North

1. Take the US-101 SOUTH exit towards SAN FRANCISCO - go 28.0 miles
2. Take the S NOVATO BLVD/CA-37 EAST exit towards NAPA/VALLEJO - go 0.8 miles
3. Ramp becomes CA-37 EAST - go 19.9 miles
4. Take the FAIRGROUNDS DRIVE exit towards MARINE WORLD - go 0.3 miles
5. Turn on FAIRGROUNDS DR - go 0.3 miles

Re: May 1st Tour

just a reminder that the Napa Valley tour is this Saturday. Hope to see you there.

BTW, if you live in the Monterey / Pacific Grove area
tune into KIDD am 630 Saturday morning between 9 & 12
to here live tour reports.

Rick

The Durant Motors Automobile Club