Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Durant and Star ID plates

I'm having new ID plates made for the following cars:

Star's from the following factories;

Michigan
New Jersey
California
Canada

These are the later plates with the Star logo as used on the Model 'M" and 'R' as well as others they are copied from the ones on my '26 and '27 cars.

Durant's from the following factories;

Michigan
New Jersey
California
These are the later plates as used on the model'60' and '40' as well as others. They are copied from the originals on my '29 Durants.

These items will be available in June. If you want one of these limited plates or need more info contact me by email and Iwill put you on the list

Thanks......Frank

Re: New Durant and Star ID plates

Frank:

Is there a minimum quantity of plates that you have to have made up? The one on the Frontenac is unreadable, but I believe I can get a photograph of a readable one.

Gord.

Hi Gord.........

Have never seen a Frontenac plate. What is the size, similar to the Durant & Star, about 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches made of aluminum? Is there any art work or logo on the plate. These are costly to produce in small quanities, the complexity adds to the set up costs.

I had to remove the plate from my '26 Star , Leaside, Ontario car to get a useable logo for the Star plates. Bob Smith helped with photo copies of the lettering for the factories that I didn't have.

I made plates for the cars that I had and some extras to help other members out and try and recover some of the costs involved.

Let me know on the type of plate on the Frontenac, and How many could be sold and I'll check with my manufacture on some costs.........

Frank

Frank: The plate on our two Frontenacs is steel, mounted on the firewall. aTherefore, over the years, everyting is gone except the stamped in number.
However, George Gow's Frontenac has an aluminum plate and it is mounted on the wooden toeboard, under the floor mat and is quite readable.
They are about the same size as all the other plates = about 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches.
As for quantities, I know of less than 20 Frontenacs, but knowing people, they all will not want one.
I wonder what it would cost for 10 if I supplied a readable copy.
Jeff Gillis was going to get me a price when he got all the others reproduced, but I don't think that we could come up with enough to make it viable.

Gord.

WOW!!....

Just got the prrofs for these plates and they are going to be beautiful. Ready to ship in mid May.

If you would like to see a scan of these , let me know and I can email or send them snail mail.

THANKS for all the interest !!

Frank

Put me down for a California plate when they're ready.
Rick

Frank

I would love to see scans of the NJ and CA Durant plates.

Do you have any idea how much each of these is going to cost?

Thanks

Charlie

Frank, Put me down for a California Durant plate and let me know how much to send you.

Thanks,

Gary Warden
Atlanta

UPDATE...

The ID plates will be ready to ship in mid May

The pricing is as follows:

Each plate (any style) postpaid to any Club member worldwide $20

Four plates any style mix or match postpaid to any Club member worldwide At $18 each

All prices are in US dollars

If you have already ordered plates they will ship first

Thanks for all the interest......Frank

The Durant Motors Automobile Club