​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures 

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
c
Conrad
1926 Star Six coupe
My neighbour has asked I research a price for a 1926 Star Six Coupe, The Car was rebuilt by his Father in Law whom passed away 3 years ago and has since been in storage. It is completely rebuilt frame up, engine has been rebuilt, new Starter,generator, All Chrome and...
Views: 1436   Replies: 12
Last Post: Oct 31, 2006 6:15pm
by Lance Haynes
New Pictures of Lansing Factory circa 1923
I've just posted 37 pictures of the Lansing Durant factory taken in 1923. These great pictures were given to me by Bill DeVries last week at the DMAC Meet and Tour. You can see them by going to the Special Interest section. Thank you Bill Rick
Views: 490   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 31, 2006 8:45am
by Jan Arnett
Need a part
Hi- I'm wondering if anyone out there has a carbuerator float cover for my '28 M-2. It's a 4- cylinder Continental engine. Engine runs fine, but gas overflows from the bowl because the upper part of the float spindle is not anchored by a cap. Many Thanks- Dennis in C...
Views: 496   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 30, 2006 11:59am
by Rick Botti
Mystery Solved RE: Engine Dying Randomly
I've been chasing a problem with my W5 engine since I bought the car 8 years ago. It would start and run just fine but every now and then it would just die. It even did this on the Club Tour out of Santa Rosa with our current President on board! I cleaned the fuel...
Views: 301   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 27, 2006 8:29am
by Don Shilling
1932 0WNERSHIP
I HAVE A OWNERSHIP FROM A 26 STAR 6CYL SER. #352277 COACH DATED 1932 PERFECT CON. IF YOU OWN THIS CAR I WILL GIVE IT TO YOU. BRIAN
Views: 273   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 26, 2006 4:36pm
by BRIAN BOYS
Previous Post-Engine Rebuild
Thanks for all the advice on my previous post for the engine rebuild for my 1929 Durant Model 60. However, I am still looking for a reputable rebuild shop in the east coast. Can anyone help me in this area??? Thanks in advance!
Views: 321   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 26, 2006 10:40am
by Mike Linthicum
Mike Larsen phone
Does somebody have an updated phone number of Mike, the 206-574-4882 is out of service. Thanks Ricardo
Views: 195   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 25, 2006 2:24pm
by Bill Hoaglan
Resource for Star gayish green engine paint
Looking for proper dull green engine paint for 26 Star. Thanks!
Views: 500   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 25, 2006 6:00am
by Mike Linthicum
U-Joint
I am looking for original U-Joint between clutch and gear box for my 1928 M2 Rugby. Locally can get balls and the eight wedges but the rest is missing. Splined hubs should fit a little less than one inch external diameter axles. Thanks Ricardo
Views: 401   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 25, 2006 3:41am
by Ricardo H. Colom...
Wheel bearings
My rear wheel bearings are BAD. Have been able to find new ones. This is on a 25 Star model F. Does anyone know of a good part number or a source for these?
Views: 211   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 24, 2006 9:08pm
by Franz Fraitzl
D 65 Battery location
Hi Everyone. I have a question about the battery location in my D65 4 door sedan. Every year I install and remove my battery. I find it very hard to get under the car remove the cables and than the battery. Was there a provision in the floor board to remove the bat...
Views: 383   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 24, 2006 8:28pm
by Lawrence
Floor Covering
Hi Folks- Just wondering. My 1928 M-2 has wooden floorboards, which I assume was standard. When the car was delivered in '28, was there some sort of floor covering (carpet, mats etc.)? I wouldn't mind rebuilding the wood and leaving it, but would that be authentic. I...
Views: 247   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 24, 2006 12:24pm
by Frank Witkowski
Leavinng on a jet plane
In a couple of hours I'm leaving for the east coast (WDC) on a business trip. I'll try and check my email while away, but if you send me a email, most likely I won't be able to answer until this weekend. Just a reminder to everyone that attended the Canadian meet...
Views: 285   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 24, 2006 10:00am
by Rick Botti
Engine Rebuild
Even though the 6 cyl. continental engine from my 1929 Durant Model 60 seems to run well with compression of over 70lb. per cylinder. I am considering having it rebuilt to ensure longevity. Does anyone know of a reputable shop to do this work in the east since I l...
Views: 487   Replies: 8
Last Post: Oct 24, 2006 12:28am
by Barry White
Award
Gee, you miss a meeting and they give you an award! The other day a package arrived from Rick Botti and much to my surprise it was the 2006 Man of the Year Award from the club. All I can say is thanks ever so much for the support. This is a great honor. There ar...
Views: 353   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 23, 2006 4:06am
by Yates Milton
Bob Fleguel
Does any one out there have a phone number for Bob Fleguel in Canada? If so, please email me at schulte3@mepotelco.net. Thanks, Dave
Views: 228   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 20, 2006 9:49pm
by Dave Schulte
MANIFOLD ?
CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT MANIFOLD 6CYL # 14LE 6008 FITS ? I HAVE 1 FOR SALE.
Views: 352   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 20, 2006 8:01pm
by BRIAN BOYS
Desperatly looking for parts
I have a 1926 W5 engine that needs a new distributor and generator. It is gear driven off the passenger side of the motor.
Views: 830   Replies: 17
Last Post: Oct 19, 2006 3:56pm
by Mike Linthicum
Bob Krause in the Hospital
Hello all Durant Members. Boy it seams every time I get on here I got sad news. I am writing tonight to ask all that believe in prayer to please say a little prayer for our very faithful member and good friend Bob Krause tomorrow as he is in one of our Hospitals down...
Views: 370   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 19, 2006 3:55pm
by Lance Haynes
Looking for fully restored Star
Looking for fully restored Star to be driven regularly in a small town in Calif. Only interested in a quality restoration of body, mechanics, etc. Two or four door sedan preferred -- desire to allow guests to enter and exit easily. Contact me at: 1 800 - Ron Hast --...
Views: 206   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 18, 2006 11:00am
by Ron Hast
STAR TRUCKS
I HAVE A ORIGINAL SHOWROOM BROUCHURE FOR STAR TRUCKS 25 26 IT DOES NOT MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT 6 CYLS IN THEIR TRUCKS JUST 4S AMASINGLY IT GIVES A LOAD CHART FOR EACH TRUCK AND THE TIME IT WOULD TAKE TO COVER A CERTAIN DISTANCE WHILE CLIMING THE GRADE WITH A SPECIFIC...
Views: 260   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 16, 2006 8:29pm
by BRIAN BOYS
Identifying Autolite Distributor
I found a complete Autolite distributor among the loose parts that came with my 1925 Star (W5 Motor). The Star manual says that the original distributor was an Autolite IG-4047 but I can't find any numbers on the one I found. How do I tell if it is original to the...
Views: 345   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 16, 2006 5:51am
by Frank Witkowski
I'll be off line till Sunday
Due to some work on my home, I won't be reachable by email until Sunday. In the meantime I can be reached by phone or carrier pigeon. Rick
Views: 288   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 15, 2006 11:00pm
by Rick Botti
CASTING CALL FOR GARY'S PARTS GUIDE
DEAR MEMBERS.... A GREAT IDEA HAS BEEN GIVEN....LET US TRY TO INCLUDE ANY AND ALL "CASTING NUMBERS AND STAMPED IN SERIAL NUMBERS AND DATE SCRIPTS (OR WHATEVER THEY ARE CALLED) THAT APPEAR ON ANY OF THE MAJOR OR MINOR PARTS THAT WE CAN USE FOR IDENTIFICATION...
Views: 209   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 15, 2006 7:28pm
by gary kauffman
Number of teeth on my Bendix.
I had my starter rebuilt and the rebuilder thought I had the wrong gear on the Bendix. I have the W5 engine. Does anyone know how many teeth should be on the gear?
Views: 383   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 15, 2006 3:59pm
by Vince O\\'Brie...
Help with my top
Help! I have a 1925 Star Model F Sedan. While waiting for my engine to get back from the machine shop, thought I would work on the roof. Doe’s any one have patterns or measurements for my top? The wood pieces on the side and front and back are still there...
Views: 354   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 14, 2006 7:12pm
by Bob Porter
request for info
Hi Folks- Just getting started with a 1928 M-2. Does anyone know of a shop manual (photocopy ok ) for this car? Any other written info would be greatly appreciated. Any cost ok. Many Thanks-- Dennis
Views: 301   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 13, 2006 11:30am
by Frank Witkowski
USED 31/2 X 30 TIRES
I HAVE 5 USED TIRES THAT I WANT TO GIVE AWAY,JUST PAY SHIPPING OR PICK UP IN NEW JERSEY.I UNDERSTAND PEOPLE LIKE TO HAVE THE OLD TIRES ON DURING THE REBUILD STAGE BEFORE BUYING AND USING NEW ONES.
Views: 464   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 13, 2006 8:44am
by ED VOMERO
Water pump packing
I need some durable water pump packing. Franz, from Canada, had some at the Santa Rosa meet, but I've lost his e-mail address. Thanks, Barry
Views: 320   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 12, 2006 5:49am
by Frank Witkowski
durant-star model parts i.d. guide
hello members, just a word to let you know we are making slow, steady progress toward making up our information request pages/booklet for model parts.i hope to, get this fill in booklet to all members eventually. after taking loads of pics at ft erie meet i am getti...
Views: 246   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 11, 2006 2:50pm
by gary kauffman
Auction - Oct 14th
Doris and I have decided to downsize and will be selling our house and quite a few antiques and collectibles. I will be selling my 30 Durant Deluxe Sedan. It has almost all new chrome and new tires. This is not a professionally restored car as we did most of it ours...
Views: 378   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 11, 2006 2:33am
by Yates Milton
Model 66-63 wire wheel rear brake drums
Would anyone out there have a pair of 29 Durant Model 63 or 66 wire wheel rear brake drums? These are for the five bolt rims with the 6-6 1/2 inch hubcap opening. Thanks, Dave
Views: 286   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 10, 2006 7:41pm
by Mac Irvine
who is ebay bidder oldautos 653?
hey friends, who is ebay bidder "oldautos"...i am bidding against him on durant items ...i would like to avoid increasing item costs if the club is going to benefit by his purchases....i am garallard... .gary k
Views: 860   Replies: 37
Last Post: Oct 10, 2006 11:46am
by Rick Botti
Pictures of Canada Meet
I've just posted pictures from the Annaul DMAC Meet & Tour held in Fort Erie, Ontario. You can either click the 2006 meet button on your left, or access them from the Past events page. Please wait for tumbnail pictures to load, while they are small, there are 126 of...
Views: 322   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 10, 2006 6:33am
by Frank Witkowski
STAR PARTS
I have a 26 model R RAD SHELL in perfect condition buffed and ready for plating no emblem. Also a complete front axle assembly with spindles and bearings king pins good. 14L starter armature and body .I will have a good rad and differential assemmbly for sale within...
Views: 393   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 9, 2006 5:41pm
by BRIAN BOYS
OLDEST DURANT ??
Hi All.... Cathy and I just picked this up in Eastern New York. It's a Blue Ribbon Carriage made by Durant Dort Carriage company. Any body have one of these or any information on them?? Thanks........Frank ---
Views: 344   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 9, 2006 12:19pm
by Mike Linthicum
Just to say hi
Hi Folks- Just bought a 1928 M2- Leaside built. Just introducing myself and paving the way for the many questions I am sure that I will have in the future. First timer on restoring cars, and this one is in rough shape although it is almost all there. So, hello and al...
Views: 307   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 8, 2006 3:40pm
by Walter Pré
Star listed at estate auction
Hi All......... Just saw this listing in the local Farm & Dairy news paper. There is an estate auction on October 14 that has some antique cars listed. One is listed as a 1927 Star pick up, looks to be barn fresh and probably a cut off sedan, also a couple...
Views: 201   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 8, 2006 8:34am
by Rick Botti
Billy Durant Picture for Sales
The GM Photostore is selling a reprint of our Mr. Durant taken in the 1920's. I ordered a copy an it looks real nice. Since according to the GM website, the photo was taken in the 1920's, I can only guess it was taken during his Durant Motors days, not GM. Anyway, yo...
Views: 268   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 6, 2006 9:57am
by Barry White
Pictures from the Annual Meet
I'd like to ask everyone that attended the annual meet to send me a copy of your pictures. We can use them for both the website and Winter issue of the Durant Partner. I know it will take time, I took a zillion photos myself, but then I took a lot of fuzzy ones to...
Views: 600   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 3, 2006 9:21am
by Rick Botti
Help! distributor parts needed!
Does anyone have a original distributor for a A-22. Auto-lite #IGB4018A. I have a new distributor distributor housing that was purchased from John Baraldi. I have the remains of an original dist. but still need a few parts. 1) the clips that hold the cap onto the...
Views: 297   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 29, 2006 6:21pm
by Will Curl
1926 Star Model M Instruction Manual and Durant Parts literature
I have a 1926 Star Model M Instruction Manual in extremely fine condition. All pages are well intact, yellowed but no fingerprints or tears. Cover is well affixed but does have some light water stains. I also have 2 copies of Durant Parts & Service Company "Reduced P...
Views: 309   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 29, 2006 12:53pm
by Thomas Russom
l
Levi
Durant 614 parts For Sale
1930 Duran 614 parts Continental 22A engine Six cylinder, transmission, complete front and rear breaks must take spindles and rear axel as a package deal, Drive Shaft and Front fender All must go ASAP Make offer!!! use the link below to see pictures thank yo...
Views: 275   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 29, 2006 11:19am
by Levi
New Timing Chain
Has anyone built a new timing chain for a Durant, Model 40 which is similar to the roller chain for the 14L engine as described in the Tech. Pages? If so, I would appreciate getting a parts list and description of the process. Thanks for any help.
Views: 315   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 28, 2006 2:31pm
by Bruce Hargin
2007 Annual Meeting
I've heard two locations for the 2007 Meet. Decatur Ill. and Auburn Ind. Which is right? Dave
Views: 276   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 28, 2006 1:25pm
by Rick Botti
Best Insurance
Having purchased a fully restored 26 Star "R" Coach, my greatest discovery is the fantastic resource of this forum. Near instant responses from colleagues with a speedometer overhaul (Norm Miller), to a replacement rear axel (Bruce Hargin and a second one from Don Sh...
Views: 202   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 28, 2006 9:40am
by Ron Hast
Back from the Annual Meeting!
What a great meeting again! Haven't been to one yet I haven't liked. Met a great bunch of people, and made many many new friends. All you that could not make it, make sure you check out the picture section in a week or two when pictures start to get posted. Great mem...
Views: 464   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 28, 2006 9:01am
by Carol Fogarazzo
AACA magazine Star
Received my AACA magazine and there is a nicely restored Star pictured in it. Currently owned by a museum, wondering where it came from. Jan
Views: 277   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 28, 2006 4:37am
by Jan Arnett
Radiator/water level?
Can someone tell me how to keep enough water in the radiator to cover the core? when I fill it up, and the motor heats up to normal, while driving about 2 miles from home, I lose about a quart of water. Does this mean it will spew out the overflow what it doesn't nee...
Views: 731   Replies: 18
Last Post: Sep 27, 2006 8:07pm
by Gordon F. Curl
tillotson 1A carb A-22
As I try to adjust this carb, the neddle valve on the bottom controls the amount of gas that leaves the bowl. What does the spring loaded screw above the bowl cover adjust? Nice carb, not many adjustments....thanks Bob
Views: 369   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 26, 2006 8:47am
by Bill Hoaglan
72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81

The Durant Motors Automobile Club