Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
2016 Calendars
I do have a few 2016 Durant Motors Automobile Club Calendars availalbe.. Same pricing as last year with a completely new cast. $22 plus postage ($4 US, $10 Canada, $15 inter) Bob Smith 36234 S. Cypress Dr Tucson, AZ 85739
Views: 323   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 26, 2016 7:08am
by Bob Smith
r
Ross
Flint Water Works
Trouble with lead in Flint Michigan water. Sounds like using pipes from when young Billy D was running the water works.
Views: 255   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 19, 2016 2:50pm
by Ross
Wire Wheel Lug Nuts
A close matching option for our OEM 9/16"-18 closed end ball seat lug nuts that I have found is to get a set of Ball seat lug nuts on ebay (designed for Porsche) http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-Premium-Chrome-Closed-Ball-Seat-Lug-Nuts-For-OEM-Wheels-M14x1-5-1-26-Tall-...
Views: 274   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 7, 2016 3:49pm
by Bill Hoaglan
t
tj
1928 durant value?
Hi I may be purchasing a 1928 Durant and was just curious if anyone could tell me how much they are valued at? It is all steel, no rust or filler. Mostly complete. Needs a motor and interior. Still have original cluster, interior light, transmission, all body panels,...
Views: 409   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 12, 2015 11:18am
by tj
Exhaust gasket
Does anyone know of any exhaust parts. In need of a gasket for the first joint right off the manifold. Compression seal. The gasket is gone. Any suggestions??
Views: 187   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 22, 2015 4:13pm
by David N Blyler
Recent Election
Hello Fellow Durantonians! I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone that took the time to run for office with our club and more importantly to vote in the election. I understand from Rick & Frank that we had a record number of ballots come back i...
Views: 236   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 17, 2015 7:03am
by Mike Linthicum
2016 Meet Ideas
At the Annual meet this past week, a few ideas where tossed around for the 2018 Meet. I don't know who gets to pick them or how it's decided, but it seems like by then it would be the East coast's turn. I really like the idea of doing Staten Island after Ed explain...
Views: 231   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 15, 2015 10:52am
by Adam B Ford
DMAC Meet 2015
Here is a link to a few pictures for the first day of touring. Great Job. Adam Ford lead the way in his 1923 A22 Durant. We had three A22 Durants on tour today with a fourth for tomorrow. I think that's a record number of A22's. http://www.dmacweb.com/events/DM...
Views: 233   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 10, 2015 4:34pm
by Rick Botti
Elections Ballots Are In.
Hi Durantonians, I have received 134 ballot envelopes, there may be more than one per envelope but they will not be opened until the business meeting next week. I think this is a record. That you to everyone that voted and a special Thank You to our members...
Views: 222   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 6, 2015 12:51pm
by Rick Botti
Starter restoration
Sent my starter off to Advanced Electrical Rebuilders in Grand Ledge, Michigan for a complete rebuild. www.aerrebuild.com. Jason was recommended by several individuals on the AACA Forum. He did a complete rebuild, plus made a new tag up etc. The photos do not do it j...
Views: 240   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 27, 2015 8:09am
by Mike Linthicum
Need help in Phoenix Area
Hello all! I'm buying a 26 Star from a man just East of Phoenix and have developed health issues that will greatly delay the original pick-up date. I was supposed to pick the car up in late July or August but medical issues will prevent that for several months and p...
Views: 244   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 26, 2015 9:55pm
by Gene House
DeVaux at Spring AACA in Auburn
Just opened my July/Aug AACA mag and see Howard Reinke's 31 Sport sedan on page 58. Brings back good memories of riding with Howard at the Traverse City meet. Gary
Views: 214   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 18, 2015 3:14pm
by Gary Yelle
Making of the Mob Television program on AMC
Anybody been watching "The Making of the Mob" on AMC channel. I watched the first two episodes and what are the Mobsters driving in a couple of scenes. A Flint. In several shots you can clearly see the Flint radiator emblem. Car belongs to a newer DMAC member in Mary...
Views: 227   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 7, 2015 5:04am
by Mike Linthicum
n
Nestor
Mechanism of advance of the distributor
Hello, I have Rugby 1928 and I need information of the mechanism of advance of the distributor. The Rugby has command to the left side. As the rods are installed for moving the distributor.
Views: 206   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 12, 2015 10:27am
by Nestor
1925 Star Touring Car for Sale in San Francisco Bay Area.
Just got this ad for a 1925 Star for Sale from one of the vintage Chevy guys. http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/5059695181.html Rick
Views: 214   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 6, 2015 9:39am
by Rick Botti
California Registered Motor Vehicle Tags
California started registering autos in 1905. Owners would get a small brass tag with the registration number on it. This would be attached to the car and the owner would make a larger plate with the number on it to hang on the back of the car. These brass tags we...
Views: 194   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 29, 2015 3:02pm
by Vince OBrien
Looking for info on 1917 Dort Touring
A friend owns a 1917 Dort Touring and I am trying to help him determine the value of it. The car has been in a barn for several years and it is very dirty but body is complete. Interior needs some minor restoration but overall it is in good shape. Car was last dr...
Views: 202   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 25, 2015 1:08pm
by Steve Joyce
Last call for candidates!!
DMAC Election Last call for candidates!! Remember that this election will have no incumbents so all positions are open. Make our club stronger by volunteering to run to an office. No prior experience required. Question? Contact he Election team at:...
Views: 188   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 28, 2015 7:41pm
by Rick Botti
shaft and pulley needed for W5 engine
It's not an emergency... but the previous people who had this car had spot welded the pulley to the shift. It's quote worn out. While we could get it back on likely. .. it would be nice to have clean pieces to work with. also there are no real marks for the timi...
Views: 203   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 22, 2015 1:54pm
by Gerald Feather
Events
Updated Events Page. Many Events going on this year. Rick
Views: 196   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 5, 2015 6:11pm
by Rick Botti
Star Truck W5 Motor
My friend told me of an old Star truck in the woods nearby. We went out to look at it today. Not much left of it but the engine plate gave us a clue. It says Star W5 481128 Made for Durant Motors Leaside, Ontario Question. Based on the engine serial number, do...
Views: 261   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 2, 2015 4:54pm
by Neil Martin
Drivability help needed for "new" Star
As many of you know, I've been wanting to buy a Durant car for several months now. That was finally made possible with the help of Frank Witkowski (many thanks Frank!). My "new" 1926 Star R 6 cylinder arrived last week during the rain and I rapidly discovered, during...
Views: 226   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 25, 2015 6:45am
by Gene House
Model 416 Rugby Truck
Well we are stumped about info on the 416 Rugby Truck that used the W8 engine. Seems to be a Leaside vehicle. Same clutch as the 406, 416, 615, 616. Same drive shaft and uni joints, same front / rear springs, same ring gear and pinion, same axle shafts, same drag lin...
Views: 230   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 3, 2015 1:05pm
by Norm Toone
Hatfield
Do any of you Durantonians know of anybody who has a Hatfield automobile? They were manufactured in Sydney, N.Y. between 1917 and 1923. I have some information on this car that I'd like to forward on. Thanks
Views: 209   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 30, 2015 3:50pm
by Hilkka Brucksch
Car hauling:
Looking for someone that is going from West coast East with a empty enclosed trailer. A star needs a ride. Contact me by E-mail only: garyyelle@msn.com. Thanks, Gary
Views: 198   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 26, 2015 10:06pm
by Gary Yelle
Locomobile bodybuilders
Hello! Did Central Manufacturing Company build Locomobile 8-70 bodies? I'm working on a project and I found this sign with other parts, which came with this car, but I can't say if it's original or not. It reads Central Manufacturing Co. F-2 554, material is alu...
Views: 221   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 13, 2015 4:59am
by Antti Lappalaine...
Car transport anyone?
I'm returning to the San Francisco area from Los Angeles later this week pulling an empty 30 ft enclosed car hauler. I'd be happy to haul a member's car.
Views: 228   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 10, 2015 10:43pm
by Vince O'Brien
TORQUE
Hi out there.A happy new year to all of you. I am looking for the torque on the gears of the crank shaft and the two others that hold the timeing chain on a 6 cylinder continental 14 L engine on the two engines that I have had rebuilt(boreing babet pistons connecting...
Views: 248   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 31, 2014 3:36pm
by Gerry Gouin
My Resume
Hi there Mr Lance Durant-Haynes; I really hate to bother you again about my end date at Lance Durant Chauffeuring, BUT, always the big butt...I have not been able to find a real job since coming to Woodstock, GA. We are not at all unhappy about the move we have a...
Views: 248   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 17, 2014 5:21am
by Janet Barnhart
Change of Email Address
Please change my email address to ymilton@ec.rr.com rather than nc.rr.com. My computer went South so had to start all over. Hated to use the Forum, but figure it was the quickest way. Change only the n to an e. Thanks Yates
Views: 190   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 13, 2014 12:39pm
by Yates Milton
Help with distributor spark advance setup.
Hi all. My car is missing the cable that hooks up to the distributor from the spark advance. I took a little closer look lately and also noted it looks like the housing is on backward. The bolt that holds the distributor on has twisted around to rest against the...
Views: 253   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 24, 2014 5:07am
by Gerald Feather
Durant Partner
Hi All, Fifteen years ago, Ralph and Judy Woodard started our then "No Name Newsletter" all in black and white and only 4 pages long. We now have a beautiful magazine the "DURANT PARTNER" that would rival any small club effort and would no doubt win. Jeff Gillis...
Views: 286   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 24, 2014 9:08am
by Yates Milton
It's alive
Today was a good day. Before today I had a devil of a time getting the engine in the car to start. It could take me all day with a can of quick start to get it going. So I took the carburetor off and rebuilt it, fixed the choke wire which hasn't been attached well...
Views: 224   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 22, 2014 4:01pm
by Gerald F
2015 DMAC Elections
Hi All.... 2015 is an election year for the DMAC. The election committee is composed of the past president, Rick Botti and 2 other members appointed by the current president. I have asked AnnJean DeVries and Yates Milton to join Rick, and they have agreed....
Views: 245   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 8, 2014 12:23pm
by Frank Witkowski
2015 International Durant Meet, Minnesota
We have the contract signed with Marriott. They created a special link to book the hotel online. Checking Sept 9, 2015 and checkout is Sept 13, 2015 $95 http://www.marriott.com/meeting-event-hotels/group-corporate-travel/groupCorp.mi?resLinkData=Durant%20Mot...
Views: 229   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 8, 2014 12:21pm
by Adam Ford
Anyone know what happen to Philip Tramel ?
Philip Tramel was a member of the DMAC until somewhere around 2009. He lived in Modesto, California and owned a 1931 Durant Model 619. I'm updating the website and list of 619 owners and would like to speak to him. Anyone out there know how I can contact him?...
Views: 203   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 4, 2014 12:01pm
by Rick Botti
c
Chris
Continental 7R Starter
Hi, I would like to find a starter for a Continental 7R engine. The trouble is I don't know which brand or model or part number to look for. Does anyone have one or can you tell me the info I need to search for one? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Chris
Views: 243   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 13, 2014 10:47am
by Chris
Durant/Star Clutches
I am in the process of rebuilding my clutch and was wondering if anybody has the specifications on the pressure plate springs(rate and free length) as well as the recess depth of the flywheel and initial pressure plate release finger settings? My understanding is tha...
Views: 269   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 12, 2014 3:43pm
by Phil Peters
Stuck engine
This car ran about 15 years ago. When I bought it 4 years ago I soaked the pistons with brake fluid & diesel fuel and the engine turned over easily. Now, after setting for 4 years it is seized up. Does anyone have any suggestion on what I should try to free it up wi...
Views: 198   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 9, 2014 7:29pm
by Larry Harp
s
Shane
Speedometer Decals
The numbers on the only speedo I have are pretty poor. Does anyone know if the decals that the Model A vendors sell for the Stewart Warner speedo's will fit correctly? Thanks
Views: 234   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 2, 2014 3:53am
by Shane
Pictures of your cars
I've just looked over the photographs section of this website to the left and notice that it's been a long time since there has been some new pictures posted. We've had many new members join with cars we either haven't seen or seen in a long long time. We all like lo...
Views: 242   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 13, 2014 6:18am
by Mike Linthicum
1921 Durant Ford Sale
1921 Blue Durant 4 door Touring vehicle. Wooden spoke rims and trunk. Newly refurbished in 2000, hardly driven. 39,229 miles. Model A-22 Car No. 523. Extra parts available. - See more at: http://www.classifiedads.com/classic_cars_antiques-ad125921560.htm#sthash.t2vAr...
Views: 231   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 12, 2014 5:46pm
by Donna Willis
Technical Session at Annual Meeting
Hi All....... Phil Peters has agreed to do the Thursday night tech session in Salisbury NC. If you remember he did an excellent one in San Diego on the Model 60. This session will deal with documenting you car. Please bring any info you have on your car....
Views: 207   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 17, 2014 8:07am
by Frank Witkowski
Drawing of Durant
Hello All. I was going through some files related to the Durant my Dad once owned...he was Odus G. Raymer. I made a cake in the shape of the Durant for him one year for his birthday. I thought I would share the drawing. It's of his 1931 Durant. The tape has yellowed...
Views: 213   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 15, 2014 10:26am
by Wendy Rose Rayme...
Iola Car show July 10, 11, 12, 13
Hey everyone, Anyone in the Iola WI area attending the car show this week?? You are welcome to stop by and say Hello We are registered as OLDCARLENSES.COM and welcome any Durant Car Club members or anyone with a Durant Related automobile that want to stop by and t...
Views: 201   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 9, 2014 12:34pm
by Larry Fogarazzo
Ontario region meet June 28 - July 1
It is not too late to plan on coming to Ontario for the 19th Annual Durant Gathering -- See Club events for details. Hope to see you there. Gord
Views: 205   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 19, 2014 4:19pm
by Gordon F. Curl
A-22 Biflex Bumper Brackets
Does anyone perchance have a set of drawings/diagrams of the brackets required to attach the Biflex bumper to the A-22s? Some detailed pictures would be much appreciated in lieu of that if someone could help me out. Thanks. -Todd
Views: 201   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 10, 2014 9:07am
by Todd E Frye
Stewart warner Vacuum and Bendix Drive
I was asked if I could locate a Vacuum Tank Float, the one this person has, has 3 cracks in it. Good Used preferred. I am in need of a working Bendix Drive for our 1923 4 cyl. O.H.V Durant. New or used. Any help is Appreciated. Ken Brink
Views: 251   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 10, 2014 7:56am
by Ken Brink
Original Break Light switch mounted on frame
Anybody have a picture of or a drawing of what the original break light switch that mounted on the frame looked like. I took one off my frame and not sure if it was an original or not. It was mounted on a small piece of metal that had a screw and nut mounting it to t...
Views: 195   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 1, 2014 1:39pm
by Mike Linthicum
Finally a new radiator for the 1928 Durant M2!
Costly, but the radiator finally arrived from Alabama today. Even better. It actually fits. Now to get a little black paint on it, and get things put back together.
Views: 244   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 13, 2014 10:59pm
by Gerald F
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

The Durant Motors Automobile Club