Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Found two Stars for sale....
At the recent Tiburon, CA antique and classic show, i was told of a 1923 Star roadster pickup: New black paint, top and interior -- hasn't run for at least 6 years - 4 cyl. has been garaged. (photo shows it's quite nice in appearance). Other is a 1927 Star pickup w...
Views: 282   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 19, 2007 2:04pm
by Ron Hast
Happy Fathers Day
Would just like to wish all the fellow father's out there a very happy Father's day.
Views: 288   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 18, 2007 11:23am
by Frank Witkowski
Speedometer Cables
Norm Miller in Davenport Iowa can build new speedometer cables for most, if not all, of our Durant and Star cars. Contact him at 563-322-8388. Thanks, Dave
Views: 258   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 17, 2007 9:38am
by Gordon F. Curl
Butters new 28, 29 Durant Gas Cap
OK fellows get your orders in now. A perfect fit and really "cool" looking art deco 20"s design cast aluminum new gas cap really compliments my senior 1929 model 6-66 Durant. I wire brushed off all the dark brown paint and polished it bright as I love flash of course...
Views: 616   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 17, 2007 9:00am
by Dave Schulte
generator
I am going to ask dum question I have driving my durant for two now and it runs good well when I put all new wiring on wiring diagrm it on wire going to the corl that is tremal closes to the out side the other tremal is next to the engine if you look at the diagrm it...
Views: 290   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 16, 2007 7:03pm
by bobby carter
Speedometer Cable
I am looking for a good speedometer cable for my 1928 Durant D-55 Coupe. Can anyone help me with this?
Views: 485   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 16, 2007 5:11pm
by Dave Schulte
Flint Moto-Meter
Today I was invited to view a collection of aquired items from the 20's/30's etc. nothing of any major interest except (1) item that one of our DMAC members could use. A FLINT Moto-Meter the base has two Arms extending each out about 2" threaded ID is about 1 7/1...
Views: 310   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 15, 2007 3:36pm
by Flint Dille
1925 Star Differential
I have a 1925 Star Rear end (Differential) If anyone is in need or want I can bring it to Auburn in September. No Axels but Grears are in A-1 shape.
Views: 353   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 14, 2007 11:14am
by Ken Brink
Oil capacity?
Help - I need the correct oil capacity for my '24 Star model C. Have received different opinions - what is the right amount? Thanx.
Views: 317   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 11, 2007 3:22pm
by wolfman
Anyone needing Engine rebuild
Hey Everyone, just got motor back. Glen Deal out of Altoona, Pa. did the work. He is awesome. When I went to pick it up, he had it ready and fired it up. Purred like a kitten. Very reasonable price, he is retired and works on any motor in his garage at home. Anyone i...
Views: 293   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 10, 2007 8:30am
by Dave Ford
Seattle Dealer Pics
Greetings Durantists, just thought I would post some more pics for your veiwing pleasure. The last attempt was not very good. These will show up much better. Front and rear veiws of this beautiful old building show the very solid constuction not seen in todays build...
Views: 308   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 9, 2007 5:30am
by Keith Nordquist
Gas tank and horn ring
I am looking for a gas tank and a horn ring for my car. The tank is the round one --10 inch diameter and 36 1/2 inches long. The horn ring is the piece that fits on the steering wheel -to hold the button in place . 3 bolts hold the ring in place. I have the button bu...
Views: 277   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 7, 2007 2:40pm
by Ken McCormick
n
Nathan
Durant Star Emblem
Hi, This is Gary K's son. I'm trying to recreate the Durant Star Emblem using some graphics software. The image I am using for reference is small and the griffin/dragon is not so clear. I'm wondering if anyone has a large copy of the logo, or if someone co...
Views: 529   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 5, 2007 5:38pm
by Rick Botti
Members Login
How do I find out what my user name and password is to get into the MEMBERS LOGIN? I seem to remember going through this once before. RonJ
Views: 327   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 5, 2007 5:35pm
by Rick Botti
1928 Durant for Sale
Hello All, I inherited a 1928 Durant in good condition from my dad and would like to sell it. It was running before it was stored a few years ago. It is 4 cyl, 36 hp, 4 dr. sedan, green with wooden-spoke wheels and running boards. Electric and hand start. 6V batte...
Views: 335   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 5, 2007 9:28am
by Joe D. Chandler
1928 Durant 4 Cyl. for sale on Ebay
Hello All, Just saw a complete engine and radiator on Ebay from 28 Durant. Item #130120910442, It has a $499.00 starting bid with a reserve price, about 4 days left on bidding. Greg
Views: 287   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 5, 2007 1:58am
by Greg Krueger
Steam Oil
I was looking at the lube chart for my 1930 Durant Deluxe Sedan and notices some strange oil types. Does anyone know where to find a local Southern California source for 600wt Steam Oil or Dixon No 672 Graphie Grease for the universals?
Views: 312   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 4, 2007 7:24am
by Frank Witkowski
Rugby Durant radiator cap
Hi all , somebody can tell me if it's an original durant radiator cap for my car? http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z281/walterp06/DSC03766.jpg If not, wich is the correct one? Thanks and best regards Walter PD: I tryed with no success to...
Views: 778   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 3, 2007 10:23pm
by Rick Botti
Pics Seattle Durant Dearship
Here are some pics of the Seattle Durant Dealership. As you can see the building is in pristine condition, I will be going there today for some detailed interior shots.. hope this works.. Keith N
Views: 310   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 2, 2007 9:51am
by Keith Nordquist
Seattle Durant Dealership
Greetings Durantists..... Say, can anyone tell me how to post pics on the web forum? I'v tried and failed to get it. I understand that Jeff Gillis once printed a calender with this dealership on it. Does anyone know which issue, what year it was published? I woul...
Views: 318   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 31, 2007 6:00am
by Keith Nordquist
Auburn, Indiana will be the place to be for our 10th annual DMAC Meeting & Tour
You can all start to make plans for the 10th Annual DMAC meeting & Tour as soon as possible. A formal announcement and registration form will be in the next Partner magazine, but below is the details to get a jump start on everything. We will be touring several ca...
Views: 460   Replies: 12
Last Post: May 31, 2007 5:30am
by Mike Linthicum
1927 Star Coupe on Ebay
There is currently on Ebay a 1927 Star 2 door coupe six cylinder up for auction. The ebay item # is 120124261178. This is an auction item and you have to register to bid. Good luck to all club bidders
Views: 323   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 29, 2007 10:24am
by Steve Large
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY....REMEMBER
DEAR DURANTONIANS, MARCIA AND I SEND THIS MESSAGE TO WISH ALL MEMBERS A HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY....AND TO THANK ANY AND ALL OF YOU WHO MAY HAVE SERVED TO PROTECT OUR LIVES AND LIBERTIES...AND TO REMIND YOU TO SAY A PRAYER, IN WHATEVER IS YOUR WAY, FOR THE SAFEGUARD AND S...
Views: 253   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 28, 2007 3:20pm
by Charles A. Spitz
North East Horn on eBay
There is a North East Horn on eBay Looks decent Item 220115673231 Gord
Views: 314   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 26, 2007 6:58pm
by Gordon F. Curl
New 619 Pics
Posted new pictures of 1931 Durant Model 619 Owned by Charlie Spitz. Rick
Views: 275   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 26, 2007 5:48pm
by Charles
New 407 Pics
Just posted pictures from new member John Neil of his 1930 Durant 407, Deluxe Sedan. This is the car once owned by Harvey Frid. Rick
Views: 282   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 26, 2007 10:55am
by Rick Botti
Is the ID#/VIN anywherre else other than the ID tag under the hood?
Hi All, I was wondering if anyone klnows if the VIN/ID number is anywhere else on the car other than on the ID tag under the hood. My 1926 star was passed down to me from my uncle, who got it from his uncle, who bought it new in 1926. The car was recieved by my un...
Views: 467   Replies: 14
Last Post: May 25, 2007 5:39pm
by Ryan Taylor
Spark Plug Question
My 28 Model 65 has AC C-75 spark plugs in it right now. What would have been the original spark plug provided by Durant when new? What plugs are most of you using for modern replacements for cruising now? Best source to get them?
Views: 344   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 23, 2007 8:41pm
by gary kauffman
2007 Tour
On the bottom of the left side, I've added a button for the Auburn Tour.
Views: 296   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 22, 2007 9:23pm
by Rick Botti
Star Fenders on eBay - 9 hours left to go
There are a good looking set of Star fenders on eBay - Reserve not yet met $5.00 only bid. Item 160117406757 Located in Berlin, Ohio
Views: 239   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 22, 2007 10:37am
by Frank Witkowski
'27 Coupe Progress
We made some progress in the last few days. I have the body cross brace, seat spring frames, and floor seat frame completed in pine and two sets in red oak.
Views: 740   Replies: 13
Last Post: May 20, 2007 6:30pm
by Don Shilling
6 volt LED Replacement Bulbs
They now have 6 volt LED single eliment and duel eliment stop/tail light bulbs and also the smaller base instrament type bulbs on the market which will replace the standard filiment type bulbs...the 6volt LEDs are as bright as the 12 volt LEDs both of which are brigh...
Views: 319   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 20, 2007 11:02am
by Bill Hoaglan
speedometer cable
the cable is chain with links about 1 inch long. I would fine about 6 or 8 of them. I tried to make them but I am not good so if any knows where I can get I would be happy
Views: 214   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 20, 2007 9:37am
by Bill Hoaglan
New Durant Gathering Location
If there is a future interest, the Tex-Ark Antique Auto Museum would host a convention of Durant enthusiast here in Texarkana Texas, Arkansas. On Tuesday, we hosted the First Smokey and Bandit Run from here to Atlanta, Ga. We had about 80 Trans-Ams depart from here...
Views: 295   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 19, 2007 7:17pm
by Don Shilling
Sandblasting
In addition to my Star, I've got a 50 Mercury for which I had a frame-off restoration done. Unfortunately, the paint on the block has peeled and rust has formed. I'd like to clean it up and paint it. I've been thinking of buying a sand blaster to do this. Has any...
Views: 299   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 15, 2007 2:07pm
by Don Shilling
1928 Durant paint color...Tunis Blue
Does anyone have a cross reference or paint mix formula for Tunis Blue. thanks Bob
Views: 279   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 15, 2007 10:52am
by Lance Haynes
Durant Employee Birthday
Back in 2004 during our Annual DMAC meet and tour in New Jersey, we toured the Elizabeth factory. Many of you met a gentleman named Russell Howland aka Rocky, who began working in the plant way back in 1927. Mr. Howland was a wealth of information pointing out the a...
Views: 366   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 13, 2007 3:00pm
by Rick Botti
Star Rear Brakes
Could anyone tell me about the normal temperature of the Star rear brake drums after driving about 10miles? With the car jacked up I have almost no drag on the wheels but after driving a while the drums are quite warm to the touch. Maybe 140 F. Is this normal temp?...
Views: 352   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 10, 2007 12:58pm
by Mike Rice
helping a new member
if any of you read the guest book entrees...Art LLoyd is still looking for a Durant product...hopefully a tourung car and better a restored one....if you know of any, click on to the guestbook and send him a note about the car you know....thanx, gary k
Views: 308   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 10, 2007 4:37am
by Yates Milton
Horn for my car
HELP !!!! I am in need again. I am looking for the complete horn for my durant --the button and all the parts for in the center of the steering wheel. Does anyone have one to sell? 1930 durant-deluxe rumble seat coupe -model 614. I have the horn wire but n...
Views: 380   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 9, 2007 9:37pm
by Ken McCormick
Article in "The Reflector"
Thanks to member Jack Conners for his efforts in having an article that I had written published in "THE REFLECTOR" which is the official publication of the Antique and Classic Car Club of Canada. Jack added some 20's Durant cars making what could be a dull article mo...
Views: 315   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 9, 2007 5:53pm
by Jack Connor
A PLEA TO THE MEMBERS ABOUT OUR NEWLY PLANNED BY-LAWS
DEAR DURANTONIANS, AS MANY OF YOU KNOW, IN THE LATE 1960'S I (GARY KAUFFMAN) STARTED A NEWSLETTER FOR OWNERS OF DURANTS, STARS, FLINTS, FRONTENACS AND RUGBYS...CALLED THE DURANT-STAR OWNERS CLUB. IT WAS ESSENTIALLY A ONE MAN OPERATION WITH ASSISTANCE FROM MANY "MEMB...
Views: 316   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 9, 2007 7:19am
by Mike Linthicum
Gas tank
Has anyone thought of using a metal pipe to replace a rusted out gas tank ? I am going to look for a pipe the right diameter and have the ends of my tank and the filler spout etc wekded into it --This should be a pretty inexpensive way of repairing a no good tank. I...
Views: 318   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 7, 2007 6:55pm
by gary kauffman
Additives: Good and Bad
What is the wisdom on additives to gasoline and oil? Have been adding Marvels Mystery Oil in gas. Have not used it in oil as non-detergent is indicated. Any other clues as to effective additives in the (26 Star) Continental 6 cyl? Thanks!
Views: 390   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 6, 2007 7:08pm
by gary kauffman
U Bolts
My frame is painted, the axles and springs are painted, and I am putting things back together. On my front Axel the U bolts are different. The right side looks like a normal bolts made from just round stock, bent and threaded. But on the left side the stock materi...
Views: 434   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 6, 2007 8:39am
by Eliot
Seattle Durant Dealership
Greetings Durantist , some time ago a member posted a query as to the where a bouts of the Seattle Durant dealership. After some checking around I believe I may have found the building. It is largely intact and completely restored and now houses sales of high-end Or...
Views: 293   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 5, 2007 4:12pm
by Mike Linthicum
Gas Tank repair
My gas tank is rusted through in the lowest spots where water laid for a period of time.. Is there a good method to repair these things or do I get a new tank built? Or maybe someone has a tank to sell that is in good shape. The previous owner soldered it but made a...
Views: 476   Replies: 11
Last Post: May 4, 2007 11:56pm
by Ken McCormick
leaky u joints
Anyone have a fix for a leaky u joint between the throw out brg and transmision? Leaks out of the ends. Also both drive shaft u joints leak at the slip covers. The cork seals are worn. Oh, the front joint is not the rubber ball type. This is a 25 Star. thanks, Glenn
Views: 351   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 1, 2007 9:40am
by Glenn Guild
Spring Bumpers
Does anyone know of a source for the rubber bumpers on the front springs of my 25 Star?
Views: 271   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 1, 2007 5:40am
by Frank Witkowski
Front seat removal
I want to remove the front seat in my 28 Durant 60, so I can replace to main right side wood that runs from front to back. I have looked at it and can't find any screws or fasteners. Is this fastened to the post and floor? If so, how do I get at it without tearing...
Views: 191   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 1, 2007 3:29am
by steve mercier
70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79

The Durant Motors Automobile Club