AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
What system kit to choose for chip/crack repair

There are so many different manufacturers and systems out there but which one do you recommend?

Pleas help me out.

Re: What system kit to choose for chip/crack repair

A one that werks. Duh!

Knowledge is power
A one that werks. Duh!

That makes sense! ;)

The thing is I don't know which one works well thus I'm asking if you guys can share your experience and knowledge.

I like paying royalties and therefore recommend Novus.

I use Delta Kits. Call Korey. He is very knowledgeable and will make sure you get what you need without paying for what you don't need. I've used many different kits and they all do a good job. You just need to find a company that has good support and delta does that.

Delta Kits is a great company to work with...quality tools and resins, and excellent support. I've used them for years.
I'm sure one or two other companies have similarly good tools, supplies and support, but I have no direct experience with them to report.
Quality tools make a huge difference. Don't cheap out on some plastic junk tools with big promises...as you will easily find many of them on the web.

Production use a delta kits. For perfection if you got a lot of time to setup at least from my perspective use GlassWeld its like a $2000 kit.

Larry
Production use a delta kits. For perfection if you got a lot of time to setup at least from my perspective use GlassWeld its like a $2000 kit.

GlassWeld rox... You get what you pay for.....

The best buy on the market is Liquid Resins. Their Resinator QT and MVP360 injectors are designed to work either, with an external vacuum pump for the bigger breaks that have more trapped air or, without the external vacuum pump for the smaller breaks that do not have a lot of trapped air.

I've used several over the years. They have ranged from excellent to completely worthless.

Don't forget that the most important part of the repair are the resins. After that, personally it would be ease of use and component maintenance.

The system I had years ago is the system I have again. Nothing compares.

xs
Larry

GlassWeld rox... You get what you pay for.....

for me the setup time on the glassweld is just to time consuming I am sure I am just doing something wrong 2500 kit used it 5 times

DELTA

Aegis works very well.

That's what Mark Daniels tell me. The last time I used a Aegis kit it was the biggest **** POS that I have ever seen it weighed like 5 lbs had a HUGE cup and it was simply junk. Now with that being said that was 15 years ago.

Larry,
A lot of those kits are still around and still being used! We do have smaller components. So with a shameless products plug. Visit the AEGIS Tools Web site and shop the kits. Or come to Glass Week booth 105 and see the kits for yourself. I will send you a free trade show admissions pass. Call me with the address you would like it sent to.

I do have more passes if someone else is interested

Mark
Larry,
I do have more passes if someone else is interested

Id be interested in the offer....

Done!

Mark from AEGIS
Done!

U the MAN......... No matter what those guys @ Marcy tape says about you.....lol

Thx again Mark

I have a tech starting on the 8th so I should be able to attend count me in for 1 !

Larry
I have a tech starting on the 8th so I should be able to attend count me in for 1 !

You snooze,You lose.Your late in your response!!!!! Who do you think he is??? Ticketron or something????...lol

I'll wake you up.
How many do you need Larry? Text me your address.

xs
Larry

You snooze,You lose.Your late in your response!!!!! Who do you think he is??? Ticketron or something????...lol

Home run XS!

Mark I can get them when I see you up there just 1 I am sure I can figure out where I can find you!

Larry
xs
Larry

Home run XS!

Mark I can get them when I see you up there just 1 I am sure I can figure out where I can find you!

Don't forgrt about our friend Ian(AGN)

Delta kits all day long!

Liquid Resins best all the way around.

I have not see IAN in forever, he is writing books now... I think still doing glass also

Mark from AEGIS
Done!

Mark is definitely the man. Just received the trade passes today in the mail. This guy is faster then the pony express next day delivery!!!!

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com