AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
What is your damage waiver? A sign? Written agreement?

Been doing windshield repair for twenty four years and there's always a crybaby in the crowd....

Yo owe me a new windshield because it ran while you we're working on it....

I'm offering my third replacement in 24 years not bad, the first was my cardiologist (enough said) the second was a crybaby that kept pestering me and my customers and the third was the other day when we had five cars in the shop and my worker failed to inform the person the chance of damage spreading was there, so I just ate it because there's enough stress going on in my life that I don't need any more....

We normally can tell and do inform customers when the clear warning is there, (size of a quarter or larger among other issues)

I guess what I'm asking is there a sign y'all use to inform people that gets posted so you can refer to and what does it say?

Our written waver is "while working on damaged glass there is always a chance of the damage spreading, usually still constable, however I agree not to hold this business liable for damages or replacement costs"

Would a sign reading "we are not responsible for replacement costs, while working on damaged glass there is always a chance of the damage spreading, if your glass wasn't damaged in the first place, you wouldn't be here. Thank you for understanding"

Whatcha think? Got something better? Give it a whirl....

Re: What is your damage waiver? A sign? Written agreement?

I like you over explain the process to the customer. When we operated in Missouri I would explain over the phone , explain in person AND then make the customer sign a waiver. Like you said there is always a crybaby in the group.

Larry
I like you over explain the process to the customer. When we operated in Missouri I would explain over the phone , explain in person AND then make the customer sign a waiver. Like you said there is always a crybaby in the group.

That is exactly what we do. If they are at the shop and there happens to be a used glass handy I'll often flex it to demonstrate a run. I do like the term "damage spreading" vice "cracking out".

Here's the deal... We DO EXPLAIN AND HAVE THEM SIGN.... That's not what this post is asking excuse me if I misinformed...

What I'm asking is for a good shop sign in the event we we tied up and do not have The customer sign the waiver,

In example...I run a two man shop, there's times one is tied up on the phone and I'm married to a car and can't leave it...that's when people start flying into the shop in groves, them talking on their phones just handing me the keys because they have been here before, while the other three customers are going nuts to get back on the road etc.... There's time you just can't stop the show for a ten minute explanation so you just keep working... It happens... Everyone comes in at once in a hurry...

I'm looking for a well worded sign. Thanks.

Basically, you're in a no-win situation.

Years ago, a glass shop in Rhode Island installed a used glass in a customer's car. He had a form that said they were not responsible if a customer's glass breaks during installation and had the customer sign for it.

When it broke, the customer brought him to small claims court claiming that they broke the glass on purpose just to sell him a new windshield.

I'll give you one guess who won................

Was it you Ira, because you sold the shop the new one? haha. can't think of any other winners in that case.

Nah,

I wasn't involved, but you always remember the odd stories !

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com