AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
hsg

Why is HSG giving jobs to Safelite? We have caught this three times now. Safelite doesn't show up and we get a call, or they didn't want to do a Cadillac with a soft top. I guess it isn't what they say about being the network for the installer, it's just about money in Pauls pocket???????????????????????

Re: hsg

I get weary of their flat labor rate. Not worth doing much with them... maybe SGC actually went up to their 2nd tier rates that are even worse?

In defense of HSG do you know for a fact that Safelite was just given and that the consumer did not just say the name because they seen it on TV minutes before? Paul is not going to send them job's in rotation I just do not see it.

Yes Larry, third time it has happened. It's all about the money. Our they marking up claims? The lowest bidder wins. I will be removing my company this week! We will then pursue proper rates. We get no work from them. I have seen the rates they have others at, we are no where near the bottom..

$.02
Yes Larry, third time it has happened. It's all about the money. Our they marking up claims? The lowest bidder wins. I will be removing my company this week! We will then pursue proper rates. We get no work from them. I have seen the rates they have others at, we are no where near the bottom..

Maybe the customer called Safelite who then scheduled the job through HSG but didn't show up at the scheduled time so the customer called HSG to reschedule with another shop.

Yes, JB, that must be it! Thanks for clearing that up! Everyone calls HSG!

I guess everyone caves and gives Slite business. We even have to give them business now and buy parts from them. Mygrant and PGW so poorly run, and very poor inventory we have no choice.

Have you seen HSG rates? They are as bad as Gerber. Why would anyone do a replacement, warranty it for life of car for a whopping $40 labor. Guys go out for a half a day a week, knock on a few agents doors and you can get insurance work. Same with LYNX, only thing you get is Slite leftovers, why work with a company that treats you like crap?

HSG is not giving Safelite Rotation work, it is simply not happening. Every time I hear something like this I question it.

I would LOVE for you to produce a customer that called HSG, was given no choice but Safelite, then I would like someone to fact check this and call the customer and find out exactly what happened? Ridiculous right? What is ridiculous is that stuff like this get brought up, and no one fact checks.

If you don't like HSG then fine but don't make stuff up.

$.02
Yes, JB, that must be it! Thanks for clearing that up! Everyone calls HSG!

HSG has contracts with several insurance companies. Conceivably, even the mighty Safelite must deal with HSG to verify coverage and get the authorization. JB was probably correct.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com