AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Safelite & the US Marshals

I am a terrible reader sometimes, and since I did not follow what was going on in CT , I have a few questions that I should already know the answer to. Did they serve this to shops that are members? non members? and why waste federal marshals time, shouldn't they be out chasing fugitives?

Larry

Re: Safelite & the US Marshals

This is clearly an example of intimidation. Safelite is obviously abusing its authority. Hopefully, the FTC will recognize this as an aggressive tactic and take them to task. It is easy to conclude that they have reached monopoly power as a TPA.

Guess your friendly local TPA isn't so friendly where free American enterprise is concerned.

Wow, what happened to owning your own business and keeping your costs your own knowledge and not public why didn't they ask for a customer list to while they were at it and profit and loss and what you pay for glass...oops they already do that.
WHAT A BUNCH OF BULL##$@%

I wonder if subpoenas were only issued to independents that had signed Safelite's Network Participation Agreement which addresses advertising, record keeping etc. Wondering why a judge would sign off on issuing a subpoena to an independent glass repair facility. Hopefully, the Attorney General will file a motion to quash them. I thought it was Safelite vs the state of CT.

This appears to be yet another reason to cancel Safelite Network Participation Agreements.

The days to dump network agreements came and went a few years ago. I am amazed that no one has picked up on the real reason for what safelite is trying to get out of these subpoena's.

Information from the shops is going to be used Against the shops. the biggest spin, twist this industry has ever seen is about to come forward. The main reason they are looking for the last 3 years of advertising budgets is all part of a big plan to cover their arse's.

let me ask, would you spend hundred's to make thousand's in return? or better yet would you spend millions to make MULTI millions? Of course you would. The answer to what is going on is in plain view.

I hope there are enough strong Indies in CT to stop this BS before it runs them over.

What is happening with that TV reporter that ran the first news story? Safelite's subpoena response seems worthy of more camera time.

The Legal Dept at Safelite is pulling out some weird legal maneuvers to not let this law stand. Wonder how much cash is moving into lobbyist's pockets to fight the Law. Perhaps some legal beagles on the 6th floor have been threatend with termination if the CT law stands.

"Kill all the Lawyers" I think Socrates said that. Notice the quotation marks-only quoting the Greeks. Not threatening any real, live attorny.

This is a true attack on American free enterprise by a Foreighn entity. They are trying to use the American justice system to undermine hard working Americans in the glass industry & destroy them once & for all.
As always, JMHO

All these CT shops and not one that can show us that an actual U.S Marshall served them, not saying it did not happen but sound like the IGA is questioning this also.

Larry

do really think with the volume of network control they have they really want to spend all this money on advertising no ,it's so when states try to pass laws they can use the argument they get all this work from branding. once enough shops are out of the way you won't see much of pascal, or any other ad for that matter.

Statistically, only 10% to 15% of the calls into the TPA has the customer not already chosen where they want the work done.

In other words 85% to 90% of the time, the customer knows where they want the work done but Safelite is given the chance to steal the customer away (if the work hasn't already been done)because of the way insurance companies have colluded with Safelite.

A truely fair way to handle auto glass claims would be to give callers a way to avoid speaking to a competitor of their chosen shop, i.e."if you already know where you wish to have your vehicle repaired, press 1." whereby the call would be directed to an in house claims rep or at least to a TPA not affiliated with an auto glass repair facility. Otherwise, "if you do not know where to take your vehicle for repair, press 2 for a list of repair facilities in your area." whereby the caller would be advised, you have the right to choose where to take your vehicle for repair, please hold for the next available customer service representative."

Don't think the number of consumers with a glass shop in mind is that high. (My call center tour was a few years ago).

All your other points are spot on.

Jimmy, it was not Socrates that can be credited with the lawyer quote. It came from Shakespeare's play, Henry VI. It was actually a praise of lawyers' free thinking. As I read these blogs, I am reminded of a true Socrates quote, "Envy is the ulcer of the soul."

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........You people are boring me ..

sika

You are probably bored because they are your biggest consumer. Maybe this will be less boring for you if they loose a the market share they now have a strangle hold on.
JMO

Im not finding the answer to the origional question.

Are these shops being served shops with safelight agreements or any shop?

sika

They reason sika is bored is because they are completely in bed with Belron.

The same could be said for the owner of this site.

lasko
Im not finding the answer to the origional question.

Are these shops being served shops with safelight agreements or any shop?

can't respond I am being spammed!

REally glassbytes? this site gets worse every day. Try to post and get spammed. please tell us what you want to hear so we can get all warm and fuzzy. this really sucks!

I'm bored because I come on for information/stories of installs and I get safelite this safelite that, People move on with your life you will never stop them. Vote yes and so on but it real life just try to get your biz busier and inform the forum of questions/answers not the whining every time I come on here. I do my 6-7 job's a day and go home with a smile

sika
I\'m bored because I come on for information/stories of installs and I get safelite this safelite that, People move on with your life you will never stop them. Vote yes and so on but it real life just try to get your biz busier and inform the forum of questions/answers not the whining every time I come on here. I do my 6-7 job\'s a day and go home with a smile

Wish that's all I did today, but yesterday stood around doing nada till like 3pm then all hell broke loose!

Jimmy crack corn
Don't think the number of consumers with a glass shop in mind is that high. (My call center tour was a few years ago).

All your other points are spot on.

Jimmy, my stats came from a company that uses a different TPA but I feel they are right on. According to Safelite testimony in their CT case, they only had less than 20% of the business in CT. That means the majority of the time the customer already had chosen before calling the TPA. Most likely, most of the calls originated from the chosen shop. It also means that most of the time the customer stuck with his/her original shop but it appears a few were persuaded to go with Safelite.

It also means that independent shops in CT must be doing something right since they held Safelite to less than 20% against all the odds.

JB
I wonder if subpoenas were only issued to independents that had signed Safelite's Network Participation Agreement which addresses advertising, record keeping etc. Wondering why a judge would sign off on issuing a subpoena to an independent glass repair facility. Hopefully, the Attorney General will file a motion to quash them. I thought it was Safelite vs the state of CT.

This appears to be yet another reason to cancel Safelite Network Participation Agreements.

JB - good point. The better point is that all shops should respond to any request made by Safelite Solutions in the EXACT SAME MANNER as Lynx just did in their Motion to Quash the subpoena from Safelite.

I believe that paragraphs 47-48 would hold true in any argument to prevent independent shops from sending ANY OF THEIR INFORMATION to Safelite.

Daveycrewcut - you should "Thank" Lynx for providing the correct response and reflex to any request from a TPA who owns shops. Shops (all Indies) should send in a copy of Lynx's Motion to Quash with any request for pricing from Safelite.

On the other side of the argument, I am wondering just how long it will take to figure out how many times Lynx has had the "undue burden" of recommending a Safelite Auto Glass shop to fulfill a claim? This question was somehow missed in Safelite's fishing expedition*** I meant "subpoena."

I find this hilarious that no one is looking at the symbiotic relationship between Safelite's custom "Offers" that we know exist in the Lynx system when and where we know Safelite will work cheaper than anyone else. They forgot to request that answer in their subpoena too.

I think that somehow the new management at Solera has missed this finer point of B to B commerce as we know that Safelite buys glass from PGW and is probably their largest customer. Doesn't Tony Aquila know this by now? Someone should remind him soon, or; at least before he becomes the "keynote" speaker at the big convention.

Larry - I'll bet real money with you (since you obviously like to bet with others and since you started this thread) that Tony A. becomes the new Fresh Prince of this industry and that we'll now see a different view point from his perspective.

I heard he's quite the orator and can "sell ice cream to Native Alaskans" and it appears that someone from this site or the other news site is enamored with him and his take-over of Lynx and other subsidiaries. I wonder why he's not aware of these other nuances?

Doesn't he know that Lynx/he isn't the largest processor of claims yet? His lawyer didn't and said that Lynx was the largest. Maybe this is just a stick measuring contest between Feeney/Aquila?

Doesn't he know that insurers only care about "price" and the minimally accepted replacement for the lowest price mantra in this industry? He must either have some new technology that will allow the independents to fulfill glass claims without the need for Safelite to become the new prince of the AGRR industry, or; he's just a little slow catching on to this industry?

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com