AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
2013 VW Golf Front Vent Glass - Bonded In?

Can anyone tell me if the front vent glass on a 2013 VW Golf is bonded in?

Had a customer ask and I won't get to a dealership for a look til it's too late to get an answer to him.

If anyone has the part number, would also be much appreciated.

Thanks
Adam

Re: 2013 VW Golf Front Vent Glass - Bonded In?

Adam,

It uses the new MQB platform, shared with the third-generation Audi A3, SEAT León and Škoda Octavia. Unfortunately I can not get you a part number but it is bonded in with urethane. The US version does not have a front vent glass on the 2010 to 2014 body style. Email me if you have any more questions jbrowning@glass.com or message me on my LinkedIn

Thanks Jamie, much appreciated.

I did find NAGS numbers, FV24541 right, FV24542 left. Presuming with the US 2010 versions not having the vent glass, it explains the NAGS numbers starting with “FV” for foreign vent!

Adam, FV is for foreign Vent, however these are for the rear doors, and they are encapsulated.

Hi Mark, hope all is well with you.

You are right, I have since noticed the R (rear) in the NAGS description, so my part numbers are wrong.

As Jamie mentioned, the USA VW Golf model does not have this tiny front vent/quarter. It is about the size of your palm (or smaller than your leg ham fists!), encapsulated and half sunken below the side of the dashboard, so you cannot get at it from inside to cut. I would upload a photo if I was able to!

It will be a rarity to need to remove it but I just want to be able to get at one to cut it out with the BTB tool!!

I wish someone would show me how to properly use my BTB I bought I used 1 time its now just taking up space in my van :(

Hi Larry,

I've tried almost a dozen times to post a reply to you but the GlassBytes spam filter keeps denying publishing my post, even though there is nothing I can see that would offend it. If you can e-mail me at adams@btbtools.com I will send you the info I had hoped to post here.

Regards
Adam Smith
Export Marketing Manager
BTB Auto Glass Tools

Adam, I will email you shortly and we will find a way to get this info on here for everyone. I have to fight the spam filter like everyone else so we will see what we can come up with Thanks for taking time to get info to one of our frequent posters to the forum.

Hi Larry,

I didn't receive an e-mail from you so I have contacted Jamie Browning, who has offered to try to get my post listed for me.

Still happy to send you something if you want to e-mail me.

Jamie banned him from the forum I will pass the info to him he post on the other forum... I have the same issue with the spam all I did was attempt to reply to a post. with a simply queston

Thanks Martin,

I heard from Larry this morning and have sent him info, most of which can be found on our website anyway.

Much appreciated.
Adam Smith
BTB Tools

Adam thanks for the info I am still banned , remember that as a potential advertiser here, how many others are banned? Is AGRR consciously silencing the Industry? I am out on the road so I just jumped on a free Wi-Fi to say thanks for the information.

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”
― Abraham Lincoln

Talk about transparency!

Thanks Adam I am back again and got all your information will be getting my tool tweaked and start using it asap :) Also thanks to the powers that be for the ban removal.

I just did one of these today, the body guy was having a fit with it trying to get it out. There was a hidden Torx that he did not see but then he was still trying to say it was urethane in, it has like some sort of PIN at the top and at the bottom corner nearest the end of the door...

Hi larry please can you inbox me at advancedwindscreens@hotmail.co.uk about the repair

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com