Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Curtis Bartells Parts Cache

Ross
Gene Slightly off topic--can you get your springs re-arched by a spring shop? Ross
Ross,
I've contacted a couple of shops and they seem to think they can re-arch my springs but shipping and the expense of re-arching them appears to be rather high to me (can't remember the cost now but could look it up). It has also been noted in a couple of discussion forums that springs that are re-worked tend to fail in a short period of time. I guess that bending back seems to affect them. In fact, one forum gave instructions of re-bendingthem in a DIY manner but I am a little leary of doing so. If anyone here has any suggestions (I've asked previously with no replies) I'd be happy to hear them. As the car is now I do not feel safe in driving it.
Gene

Where Are You From? NE Tennessee

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, a couple of them!

Re: Curtis Bartells Parts Cache

Many Thanks to Tom and Lisa Schaffer, Dave Coppess, and Randy for an enjoyable afternoon loading my Star parts in Pueblo Saturday the 9th. I really enjoyed getting to know all of you, and it left me with a good feeling knowing that all my parts have found, or will find a good home on future restorations. I hope you guys will stay in touch and let me know about your progress on your projects. I may get to work on finishing my Star after it has been set aside for 20 plus years of storage do to career requirements of relocating. I have a substantial amount of re-restoring to catch up on before I can finish with the rest of my restoration, but am looking forward to it.
I'm sure I can fit it in with my current restoration as soon as I can move the Star to Denver after the holidays.

Thanks again guys,

Curt

Where Are You From? Denver CO.

Do You own a car built by Durant? !926 model M Star 4dr sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club