AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
x
xn
Entrepreneur Magazine Ranks Automotive Glass Companies Ranked in Annual List
It's great for fast food restaurants, but to pay a franchise fee and royalties in the auto glass business is ridiculous.
Views: 3032   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 8, 2015 11:04am
by John
Manager Question
Is the Manager of your glass shop also your sales person?
Views: 662   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 7, 2015 3:36pm
by Steve From SC
l
Larry
2012 Dodge Durango Rain Sensor Issue - Vitro Glass
I am having an issue with a Vitro glass in a 2012 Dodge Durango with a rain sensor, the car is NOW cycling the wipers every time the car starts. How do I stop this from happening? You would think a Vitro windshield would be decent enough knowing they made some Sa***u...
Views: 2008   Replies: 10
Last Post: Feb 6, 2015 1:12pm
by Moeman.
a
atech
12 toyota yaris FB25364 Molding?
Anyone know if this has a molding or is exposed edge? Looking up the part everywhere and I don't see a molding available. Body shop R & I tomorrow and i don't have a dealer close enough. thx!
Views: 445   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 5, 2015 4:45pm
by atech
Pilkington--No Clear Advantage
Has other shops had issues with NSG? I am having more and more defects, scratches, consumer complaints like the well documented gravity versus mirror bracket debacle. NSG owns L-N and once in a while I can get L-N FW2500,2501 and 2502s from Pilk rather that its DOT...
Views: 2456   Replies: 11
Last Post: Feb 5, 2015 9:43am
by Sir Slam A Lot
l
Larry
Big Problem Little car
4 door Chevy Cruze, is kicking my ass 1st window was fyg and the roof was off. came back put window in when it was fixed, glass stands off the car , I tried a plk it fits like crap also. A sekurit ended up looking like a champ. Why are all these windshields not the...
Views: 603   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 4, 2015 7:59pm
by Larry
FW313 CLN
Have a restorer wanting several of these. Anything anywhere??
Views: 516   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 4, 2015 1:38pm
by Lee
c
cleTus
Safelite Auto Glass Repair Practices Under Investigation
According to an industry publication for the insurance claims profession, there is a rampant “unscrupulous” practice of having two different price points for the same product in the auto glass industry: a lower price for “cash customers” and a...
Views: 6635   Replies: 21
Last Post: Feb 3, 2015 8:27pm
by Tu Tu Tru
l
Larry
The news here..
What is up with the news lately, if i wanted to watch Super Bowl ads i will watch the super bowl. I send in a legit story that I get on the news and then they end up arresting 5 people as a result and its Crickets... Bring back the old editor PLEASE!
Views: 595   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 3, 2015 3:55pm
by ohm
Recalibration
bob I get your point this is going to become a big problem for us (expense) that I will not eat. ask a dealer if oe is needed are you kidding me they tell people thier wiper blades wore out sooner because they don't have oe. putting this stuff on a part that gets bro...
Views: 1061   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 3, 2015 11:29am
by BL
a
atech
02 explorer backglass????
My cousin called my this am w/ a broken- The list on these parts is in the $1000 range, cost is pretty close to it too... they have the painted portion in the lower portion. I never get these jobs... not sure who is doing them, but price is ALWAYS the issue. Is there...
Views: 491   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 2, 2015 11:11pm
by atech
t
tech
current nags update
Is it me or did NAGS drop many numbers from the catalog. Our system now only shows from 1964 to the present. We use to be able to look up late 40's. For people using POint of sales software systems, is your most current NAGS catalog showing the older numbers?
Views: 1054   Replies: 13
Last Post: Feb 2, 2015 6:00pm
by Smiley
Acura TL truck leaking....
Any comments on acura TL trunk filling up with water after back glass is replaced? I have a customer telling me that its from the glass... I spent 3 hrs water testing it and air testing the entire pinchweld where the new bead lays... cannot get it to leak, but he ins...
Views: 1882   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jan 31, 2015 7:27pm
by Pat
t
ttech
dd6333ypn and dw6332ypn
Looking for these doors glass. my@#t has these in xyg but the privacy is a grey versus bronze. Does anyone have a lead on where to get these the correct privacy. thanks
Views: 484   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 30, 2015 6:00pm
by ProSource Glass ...
a
atech
2014 Ram Tradesman- glass vs metal panels
Anyone know if stationary door glass and movable quarter glass can be swapped out on these? I have an ambulance company checking in with me on it. They are a ways away, so I haven't seen it in person yet... It's the cargo van equivalent of a Grand Caravan.
Views: 745   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 27, 2015 1:03pm
by Kevin
t
tc
energy surcharge
the price of fuel has gone down. why hasn't energy surcharge?
Views: 865   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 27, 2015 10:20am
by Bhaus
Reno, NV Will Gary Hart show and bowl it out with Deb?
I have never been to Reno, and I do not plan on attending the show in Reno. When I think of Reno I imagine a bowl off between Gary Hart & Deb Levy , a corny trip to the bowling place, and a bad speaker, over priced rooms, and in September not too many hot girls at l...
Views: 680   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 27, 2015 9:45am
by ct. glass shop
m
mobile
1963 ford econoline van truck
Need help looking for a 1963 Ford Econoline van truck Rear window rubbers back glass and right and left windows. Thanks
Views: 515   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 26, 2015 6:26pm
by ProSource Glass ...
a
AZ
DW685
anyone have an idea of who is making a GOOD 685 gasket?
Views: 552   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 26, 2015 4:53pm
by Larry
Gary Hart
Gary Hart will no longer be representing IGA, this is the latest news. I just received a call from a glass shop owner in Scottsdale and the source is reliable. So Bob there you go, I know you have posted here lately and were not getting any answers as to that c...
Views: 973   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 26, 2015 3:29pm
by Gary Hart
fiberglass glass box
does anyone know what the big white fiberglass storage boxes go for in real good condition?
Views: 543   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 26, 2015 8:46am
by I am totally the...
Geico Claim Filing Online Scam
We just tested the Online filing Geico is using for glass claims and now Farmers and here is what happens when you get to shop of choice drop down box. It does not let you pick anyone it stops there and says a representative will be back in touch with you...
Views: 505   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 23, 2015 7:43pm
by wow
l
Larry
Publishing Error - Bob's Blog
I know I am argumentative, but either AGRR or Bob, whoever control's the blog can you please make it clear in the title that this is the Transit Connect, and not the Ford Transit, which is a completely different vehicle as we all know. I did not know this until i se...
Views: 467   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 22, 2015 9:36pm
by Larry
b
Bob
open claims program 2nd post
Hey Gary any current news or updates on this new program? I have posted now 3 times and have not gotten one reply. besides xxx saying something smells funny. I have to agree this was supposed to be a Game changer and now nothing being talked about. Real...
Views: 492   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 22, 2015 9:08pm
by Larry
b
Bob
Gary Hart open claims program
Gary Hart what is happening with this program? I never see anything posted on this forum or here of any success stories. the last thing we saw was you were announcing after the New year who was onboard as far as Insurance companies. I have talked to othe...
Views: 601   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 22, 2015 8:42pm
by XXX
d
Dave H
Sign the petition
Click & sign http://www.thepetitionsite.com/934/331/850/auto-glass-industry-national-right-to-fair-trade-petition/
Views: 1507   Replies: 25
Last Post: Jan 22, 2015 8:13pm
by Dave H
r
ron
dw2040gby
Can some one tell me what the NAGS list was on this windshield in November of last year
Views: 632   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 21, 2015 3:24pm
by MIdwest Shop
o
Opus
Any Aftermarket Isues with FW3674 Outback with Lane Departure?
Been very gun shy about using non OE windshields as Honda/Pilkington have had issues with Accords lane departure recalibrations and warranties. I have Pilk available as my only option for a 14 Subaru with camera. Customer is debating going OE or aftermarket and payi...
Views: 681   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 21, 2015 9:58am
by Opus
No matter if you give kick backs or know people give them chime in
It is my belief that insurance agents, and service writers are getting kick backs for work sent from them. The owner of my shop is in disbelief , so I am coming here to ask Do you know that agents want kick backs to direct work? AND are service writers getting kick...
Views: 1185   Replies: 30
Last Post: Jan 21, 2015 8:59am
by ATX
BUSINESS VERY SLOW ?
This has been one of the slowest seasons my walk in shop business has decreased by 60% and I'm in a key location anyone else notice a major drop in business ?
Views: 1219   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jan 20, 2015 11:40am
by Sir Slam A Lot
2011 lotus elise windshield replace
Anybody got any pointers on this Lotus. The bottom of the glass goes under the fenders and hood. Hood and Fenders are not removable.
Views: 703   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 20, 2015 10:34am
by unbelievable
k
Kevin
2015 CR-V back glass
We had a job for a back window on a 2015 CR-V. Our software calls for a FB25371 which shows for 2012-2015, but it was wrong. It fit in, but at the bottom of the glass it was supposed to go down lower to cover more of the body. We had to order from dealer to get co...
Views: 445   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 20, 2015 10:14am
by LEAKPRO
l
Larry
CE Teaching
Besides DOW who does not offer CE in NC at the moment, who can I get to do some CE class's for me?
Views: 711   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 20, 2015 10:08am
by atech
city express vans
does any one know if these new city express chevy vans have enough room to do auto glass out of?
Views: 1227   Replies: 29
Last Post: Jan 20, 2015 12:34am
by xs
Windshield trim on 2013 Nissan altima
I'm not a glass guy but the trim around windshield on side is messed up and curious if it's easy to replace or would I have to replace windshield in order to do it? It's a 4 door sedan style. Seems there may be some kind of clips or something inside it holding trim d...
Views: 463   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 19, 2015 7:28pm
by Curious
2014 Toyota Prius V Hybrid
Has anyone done one of these? NAGS doesn't even list a Hybrid and the customer forgot to add that bit of info. Turns out the hybrid takes a different w/s than the V and it is dealer only. So now the fun part is going to be trying to bill through Lynx a vehicle tha...
Views: 381   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 19, 2015 7:23pm
by Larry
n
nin
dw1460/dw1528
Can anyone tell me if 1460/1528 can be interchange. Computer show its the same size. Thanks
Views: 603   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 19, 2015 1:42pm
by ec glass
l
Larry
Can anyone in NC or SC near border or VA border - teach me to shrink tint?
I really need to learn how to shrink window film, surely there is someone out there that in a few days or so could give me some hands on training. i learn quick and would pay for the advice.. Larry
Views: 398   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 18, 2015 10:36pm
by the real truth
o
Opus
Getting Glass Shards Out of Doors- Addendum to Water Shields
Current pet peeve is the door designs that not only have the horizontal safety bars but are pinched so tight at the bottom that it takes so much time to get shards out. Add to that in many Honda or Acura designs, the regulators are so greased up that they catch enoug...
Views: 622   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 18, 2015 9:01pm
by Larry
s
Sglass
Are You Serious?
in Rhode Island & just watched a ad for local AGR Company. They show videos of installations with wipers up & cowls in place while they are dropping w/indshields in. Are the guidelines for safe installations not valid or are they thet oblivious in R.I. ?
Views: 635   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 18, 2015 8:49pm
by Larry
website design recommendations?
any recommendations to a website design in our industry? and what does it cost on average for a 6 page site? Thanks
Views: 400   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 17, 2015 11:36am
by larry
Mygrant Glass changes
What is happening with Mygrant? Why are so many leaving? Mark was a great guy. We miss that guy, always wanted to help.
Views: 1354   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 16, 2015 4:35pm
by OC
best auto glass software?
any advice on the best software to use that offers mobile quoting? (and yes gary i have already looked at TSM from IGA)
Views: 957   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 15, 2015 5:59pm
by Steve
g
Gary
Rain sensor problem 2011 528
installed FY glass rain sensor will not work new rain sensor pad installed. Has anyone else had problems with this brand of glass or this year model 528. I.
Views: 624   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 14, 2015 11:49am
by BL
Shop cut open the water shield behind the door panel. Acceptable service practice?
Hi all, I'm a vehicle owner looking for professional opinions regarding service practice. I'd appreciate your comments. I went to a local shop to have a broken out side window replaced. I went to Yelp and chose a local shop with good reviews. The shop had ma...
Views: 1618   Replies: 23
Last Post: Jan 14, 2015 8:26am
by Sglass
b
Bob
open claims program
Have not heard much out of the Gary Hart camp with this so called game changer program. Where is all the hype? Bill what you feel is fair market price. Yea right, see if you get paid
Views: 486   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 13, 2015 11:04pm
by Larry
o
Opus
2014 Range Rover Autobiography Windshield Install
Am pondering whether to do one. I have carte blanche as far as parts but am being told by dealer that windshield comes with "everything". (They haven't sold a glass for one of these) Has anyone out there done one of these? If so, I presume you have gotten an OE gl...
Views: 635   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 13, 2015 9:29pm
by Larry
leaking driver side 2011 GMC SUV's that take DW1658/59
Can't seem to find leak on customer's car 2011 Escalade- water tested w/s 3times. had another local guy test as well. Nothing from w/s customer got flooded floorboards while driving during rain storm. Not sunroof. Any ideas? thanks
Views: 904   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 13, 2015 4:36pm
by LEAKPRO
2014 mercedes sl550 convertible
anything special on these cars? i have one to do. Thanks in advance
Views: 462   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 13, 2015 3:42pm
by autoglasses
l
Larry
IGA Software
What is the name of the IGA software program that Hart is always pushing?
Views: 498   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 13, 2015 12:50pm
by Gary Hart
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com