Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Car weight?
I have this figure somewhere, but can't find it! How much does my 1930 4-07 or a 6-14 for that matter weigh? Would like to know for trailering purposes. RonJ ...
Views: 321   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 20, 2006 7:30pm
by Stephan Riffault
Hardest Part to find for Durant or Star?
Here's a question for all you Durantonians. All of you that have restored either a Durant or a Star, what has been the hardest part to locate that you've needed to get to complete your restoration or what part have you just not been able to find?
Views: 632   Replies: 18
Last Post: Feb 20, 2006 6:07am
by Adam
Duplicate Ignition Keys
Having only one simple key for the ignition of the 26 Star, I went hunting for a reserve key "just in case." After sending a photo copy of the key to an eastern company, they offered a blank for $25 each that needed to be taken to a locksmith to be duplicated. Any...
Views: 369   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 19, 2006 6:05pm
by Frank Witkowski
guages
As I go through my 1922 Durant Touring I have come to realize that the oil pressure and amp guage are incorrect. The early A-22 had a 0-10 lb guage the 1923? they had a 0-5 lb guage. This would mean that my 0-50 lb guge is not correct. This would also explain the dog...
Views: 219   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 19, 2006 4:55pm
by Will Curl
Chrome vs. Nickel Plating
Starpals: I have learned (I think) that chrome plating was not available in 1926, the year of my 26 Star R 2 Door Sedan. After I purchased it (recently), it was apparent that the bumpers and front pieces were beautifully chrome plated (not nickel). I'm not striving f...
Views: 356   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 19, 2006 4:37pm
by Will Curl
yearly dues
my father sent in dues last year he has not gotten a card or anything letting him know they where paid .put his checked was cashed thanks jeff quicksell
Views: 213   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 19, 2006 4:00pm
by Ron Jaremkow
Converting to 12 volt system
Can somebody please help me with converting my 1928 D65 to 12 volt. I would like the steps and parts involved if possible. I see in the tech section an alternator.But what about the starter and other componants? I would appreciate any help. My 6volt system is just no...
Views: 200   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 19, 2006 8:43am
by Bill Hoaglan
No website updates for rest of week.
Currently there is an issue with our host server that pervents me from updating and uploading files on this website. Other clubs may also have the same issue. This should be resloved soon, but since this is a holiday weekend I don't expect it to be addressed until ne...
Views: 178   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 18, 2006 1:45pm
by Rick Botti
radiator badge contest
hello clubbers i sent in the picture of the original D>M>O>C> badge just to give others ideas...don't count mine as an entrant...the others are fantastic and far superior to the old one. but the oval aluminum casting was a good durable unit with plenty of room for i...
Views: 193   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 17, 2006 7:42pm
by gary kauffman
DURANT RUGBY AT AUCTION
THE OLD CARS PAPER OF FEBRUARY 2 ON PAGE 19 HAS A DURANT RUGBY 4 DOOR PHAETON 1 OF 16 SOLD AT THE RUPP FT LAUDERDALE AUCTION OF 1/16.THE CAR IS LISTED AS # 2 CONDITION AND SOLD FOR $25.500.00,THAT IS AMAZING!!!
Views: 314   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 17, 2006 1:37pm
by Gordon F. Curl
star Hub Cap
I noticed at an antique store there was a hub cap for a star. Is anybody interested? I go back from time to time and would be glad to pick it up. I have to know what price you would pay. I think they wanted around 20 dollars Canadian.
Views: 400   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 17, 2006 6:44am
by Lawrence
Woodgrain dash for Durant, Star?
What was the first year that Durants or Stars started having woodgrain dash & interior trim. I've seen a 29 model 40 from Leaside with it. Was it put on the earlier year cars, and what models? How about the 30's and 31's. Most of them that I've seen are painted solid...
Views: 281   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 16, 2006 8:01pm
by Gordon F. Curl
Crown Wheel & Pinion set for Durant D66 (1929)
Looking through the Forum and in particular Curtis Smith's enquiry re Crown wheel (Diff Ring Gear) and Pinion sets (Dec,20 05) I would like to follow up the leads mentioned in replys. My ratio should be 3.9 which is the 10 teeth pinion and 39 teeth ring gear. I curr...
Views: 233   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 16, 2006 7:00pm
by Phil Donoghoe
k
KATE
THAT ON LINE AUCTION SITE
Item number: 4613915776 One can certainly dream. I know we did.
Views: 218   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 16, 2006 5:07pm
by Rick Botti
s
SANDI
REAR BUMPER FOR LOCOMOBILE NO. 8 (?)
I HAVE THIS BUMPER AND WOULD LIKE MORE INFORMATION AND PRICE. AND IF ANYONE WOULD BE INTERESTED IN BUYING IT.
Views: 150   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 16, 2006 12:50am
by SANDI
Cluch maintenance issue
Does anyone know how the Clutch release bearing connects to the Hardy joint in a 1927. Durant Rugby?
Views: 366   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 16, 2006 12:15am
by orosz csaba
Looking for Rugby parts
Hi, I am looking for parts for my 1927. Durant Rugby: - Continental 14 engine (complete) - Brush set for the starter - Brush set for the dynamo - Front turn signal lights - Klakson horn - Rear combination light - Ignition switch - Ignition cabel - Turn sig...
Views: 309   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 15, 2006 11:50pm
by orosz csaba
283 chev engine
I have a 1964 chev impala 283 engine for sale --it is profesionally rebuilt with new pistons and rings--bearings--oilpump- camshaft and bearings -has been bored 30 thou over --crank turned 10 and 10 heads are all rebuilt -valves all done - It is complete from i...
Views: 190   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 15, 2006 10:19pm
by Ken McCormick`
December club magazine
Hello everyone. Poor Bob Krause (84 years old) just North of me up in Long Beach Ca. just called and said he finally got all the mailing labels attached and all the right postage on all the magazines and Mike Larsen’s dues renewal envelope inside with 3 seal ta...
Views: 296   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 13, 2006 3:09pm
by Lance Haynes
Thanks to Rick Botti
Sir Rick: Thanks for your telephone call Sunday Evening. Imagine, being consumed with Startalk all through "60 Minutes" and then some. And thanks for posting the photos of the "new" 26 Star R Coach. You are a wealth of information, and it adds to the intrigue of thi...
Views: 191   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 13, 2006 2:28am
by Ron Hast
vacuum fuel pump
stewart warner 403 d u8, need float,are whole ass. 1927 star touring
Views: 240   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 9, 2006 6:08pm
by gary blalock
Gas line pressure regulator
Anybody using a gas pressure regulator on their cars? If so, where can I get one? Also, what is proper fuel pressure from fuel pump to Stromberg U-2 carb.? I have been told 2psi, but can't confirm that. Jim
Views: 399   Replies: 9
Last Post: Feb 9, 2006 3:37pm
by Jan Arnett
Turlock Calif. Swap Meet Report
Before 6:00 a.m. in pitch dark, and rain, thousands of people had arrived and were standing in line to enter this awesome event. The entire fair grounds were covered in what most would describe as "junk". Most prominent other than people were the hundreds if not thou...
Views: 309   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 7, 2006 4:25pm
by Ken McCormick`
Home stretch--Hemmings
Hello, Thanks for all the help you have given (you know who you are). I am still in desperate need of the exterior dimensions of the 614: Overall length Overall width Overall height Front track Rear track I do have a full set of specs for the '3...
Views: 362   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 7, 2006 12:45pm
by D. Traver Adolph...
Valves for 22A
I am in the start of rebuilding a spare Contintal 22A engine for my '30 Durant. It will be retrofitted with insert berings for both the mains and con rods. I also plan to install a 12 v system with electonic ignition. But... I need a set of valves, valve springs an...
Views: 231   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 6, 2006 7:02pm
by gary kauffman
Unwanted E mail
Have any of the other members been getting e mail asking if you want to sell your car or any parts of cars?? I have a hunch these are maybe hackers trying to get into my puter to plant virus or some other nasty thing . I have had three requests to buy my car --and a...
Views: 319   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 6, 2006 1:13pm
by Norm Toone
Parts Needed for Star M Coupe
I am trying to build 2 Star M coupes. One, a 26 model and the other a 27 model. It seems like most parts are the same except the door latch mechanisms. However, there are not enough small parts to complete one car much less both of them. Parts needed at present:...
Views: 264   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 3, 2006 5:07pm
by Don Shilling
1927 star
have 27 star touring, need fuel pump stewert warner fuel pump, or float, 403 d u8 hard to read numbers THANKS really nice car , my dad spent alot of time to make it worthy of a calander pic.
Views: 222   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 2, 2006 3:38pm
by gary blalock
Restoration Info Rquired
All to many times I see for sale adds that say amature restoration. I think we all have a certian amount of pride doing things for ourselves or we wouldn't be into the old car hobby. In the 1920's I would think that a lot of cars were made useing similar technics and...
Views: 581   Replies: 12
Last Post: Feb 1, 2006 1:49pm
by Ken McCormick
Durant promotional pocket watch.....OLD!!
I was just doing a web search on Durant as I have an Elgin pocket watch from the 20's. That I am in the process of restoring. The watch appears to be a promotional item commissioned by Durant and was probably given to a dealership owner or Durant executive. The...
Views: 230   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 1, 2006 10:37am
by dave bolls
Clutch spring ?
I am working on my 1929 Durant Touring. I just got the engine completely rebuilt. Now I'm putting the car back together. Will someone Please tell me? Is there suppose to be a spring on the clutch petal? What holds the petal from going in too far or out too far?...
Views: 292   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 31, 2006 3:06pm
by Leonard Burkhold...
The History Channel
I just posted a short article on The History Channel the title of which is "The Transportation Industries Forgotten Man". It is under the topic "Save Our History". Back in either 1999 or 2000 I tried to get our DMAC members to send live shots of their automobiles fo...
Views: 262   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 29, 2006 8:55pm
by Mike Rice
Star Coupe Measurments
Hi Guys! Things are progressing nicely on the two M coupes. Butch is doing all the sandblasting and I'm doing the wood work. I've got the door hinge and latch posts made and the corresponding metal fitting nicely. Now, I'm ready to construct a jig to assemble the win...
Views: 192   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 29, 2006 6:15pm
by Don Shilling
Star Coupe Wood
Does anyone have any pics of a de-skined Star M Coupe. The only info I have to study at present are pics of a '29 D-60 coupe and a '26 Coupester. I'm trying to recreate the wood framework and have precious little original wood to make patterns from. If you send by...
Views: 249   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 29, 2006 1:06pm
by Bill DeVries
TWO 4cyl Continental motors for Durants
I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and will have an even Happier New Years. I'm acting as a 3rd. party in trying to sell 2 Continental 4cyl motors for a friend in Flint Michigan. The 1st. one was removed from a 1927 Durant and is complete with attachments...
Views: 312   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 28, 2006 7:50pm
by zac piper
Radiator or License plate topper for DMAC
OK Durantonians we have posted the pictures of the designs we have received so far on the web site. They will also be posted if possible in the next Durant Partner. Not this one but the next. Soooo let's start voting on them. You can send the votes to me if you'd lik...
Views: 211   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 28, 2006 6:34am
by Mike Linthicum
2006 Dues
Can we still pay our club dues via Paypal? If so, where is the limk? Thanks, Don
Views: 589   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jan 27, 2006 6:18pm
by Jan Arnett
List of Durant & Star Dealerships
Hi All I'm in the process of compiling a list of Durant & Star dealerships. I need your help ! ! Look on any literature and advertising materials you have in your collection. Any info that you can forward to me will be appreciated. What dates did the d...
Views: 747   Replies: 19
Last Post: Jan 27, 2006 2:32pm
by anon coward
DMAC is now incorporated as a non-profit corporation!
Fellow Durantonians On January 18, 2006 we were officially incorporated as a non-profit corporation. In December with the approval of the Board of Directors I initiated the process for incorporation. Since the DMAC is a multi-state and worldwide organization w...
Views: 198   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 27, 2006 10:48am
by Lance Haynes
Thanks - and seeking wisdom....
Thanks Yates and Gordon for info leading to "dog bone and motometers." My 26 Star 6 cyl. has a 1 3/4" pipe externally threaded. All others available seem to be 2 inches. Also -- seeking wisdom: Have minor chip in "Star" emblem on front of chrome radiator housing....
Views: 593   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 26, 2006 2:40pm
by Ronald Hast
Star Car Engine for Sale
I have discovered a Star Car 4-cyl Continental complete engine, s/n 41145 with frame and rear end in the backwoods. Please contact if interested.
Views: 315   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 26, 2006 7:07am
by Clay Pass
carburetor
Need a carburetor for a 1925 Star Touring Car equipped with a 4 cylinder Continental Engine. Existing Carb. made of white metal which is powdering or disintegrating. Need a modern manufactured after market unit for the Star.
Views: 292   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 26, 2006 6:51am
by Clay Pass
Model A sponsored swapmeet in Turlock, CA 1-28/29
Planning to attend the Turlock CA. event reportedly quite huge, sponsored by Model A clubs. Have former attendees found many Star items in the mix? Don't need much of anything, but would be fun to find such items as Star 6 radiator housing emblem (blue/red/white - 2"...
Views: 219   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 25, 2006 5:45pm
by Charles A. Spitz
Durant Partner?
Have the Durant Partner's gone out yet? I've been looking for it and thought maybe it's been lost.
Views: 183   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 25, 2006 5:30pm
by Rick Botti
What information do you want to see in the magazine
Ok. I would like for everyone to chime in and tell me what subject of articles you would like to see in the magazine. There was a time when a lot of people asked for specific information but that time seems to have passed. Two subjects I am working on are one, how...
Views: 377   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 25, 2006 10:29am
by Ricardo H.Colomb...
Durant Motors detailed cloisonné lapel or hat pin ¾ “in size in full color.
Custom designed highly detailed brand new cloisonné Durant Motors lapel or hat pin. Brand new manufactured limited edition ¾” Cloisonné lapel or hat pin in full color. Copy of the Durant Motors first radiator emblem. Send $6.99 plus $.50 Postage...
Views: 477   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 25, 2006 7:37am
by Rick Botti
1915 Star canvas top assembly
Looking for pics or help in assembly of the canvas roof for the restoration of a 1915 Star. Now running, done with interior, have roof frame but stuck on fabric and correct assembly. Have no model of correct assembly or pictures.
Views: 215   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 24, 2006 2:26pm
by John Kulas
Star & Durant Reamers on Ebay
Ok Durantonians I have a question for you. There is a set of Star or Durant Reamers for sale now on Ebay. I think Bob has bid on them. What the heck are the for? what would you Ream?
Views: 170   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 24, 2006 12:40pm
by Frank Witkowski
Looking for Dog Bone (?) radiator cap for 26 Star R
New member...trying to find source for new radiator cap. Car frame off restoration, last item is radiator cap to fit externally threaded pipe affixed to internal radiator. Thanks!!
Views: 242   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 23, 2006 12:45pm
by Yates Milton
Sad News
Bob Krause sent me a Christmas card and a letter recaping his activities for 2005. It is with sadness I report that Bob lost his son John at age 57 from a massive heart attack. Bob also lost his second wife Martha of 17 years on December 18th. Must admit this bad ne...
Views: 398   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 23, 2006 12:10am
by Lance Haynes
81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90

The Durant Motors Automobile Club