Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
A-22 Transmission
I am contiplating installing a later model transmission in my A-22 touring, the A-22 transmission is remote mounted as I understand the model 40s and 60s are also crossmember mounted...I have taken the best parts from two A-22 transmissions installed new bearings and...
Views: 456   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 20, 2006 2:12pm
by Bill Hoaglan
Gary Knight--request for parts
Gary I tried to E mail you but it was refused . I have a roof for a 30 durant coupe in great shape . I would prefer to sell it as a complete unit rather than just a piece of it. I am not looking to make a pile here but would like a little to help me offset my cost...
Views: 223   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 19, 2006 12:58pm
by Ken McCormick`
k
KC
International!
Ah, the power of our club! Last month Warren Elliott from Christchurch New Zealand was here on holiday to visit family and the Grand Canyon. He read of my Star in the membership roster and came to visit me here in Tempe, AZ. He has a Ruby M4 coupe. Had an enjoyabl...
Views: 398   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 14, 2006 9:27pm
by Lance Haynes
Brake shoes
Can anyone tell me the right thickness of new brake linings for my Durant 60. They measure 1 1/2 inches in width. Thanks
Views: 391   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 14, 2006 9:24pm
by Lance Haynes
Durants & Stars for sale on Ebay
hello Durant and Star lovers.... . I THOUGHT YOU MIGHT LIKE TO KNOW THAT THERE ARE CARS FOR SALE ON EBAY. There are at least 4 Durants and Stars for sale on e-bay...ebay motors collector cars before 1925 section. I saw an A-22, a two door sedan (really rough), A B...
Views: 344   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 12, 2006 9:01pm
by Hal Vandevord
Oil filter for M5
Has anyone out there fitted an oil filter to the W5 motor. If so how and did it effect oil pressure at all Many thanks Brian
Views: 249   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 11, 2006 4:46pm
by Brian Byrnes
g
gary k
AN INQUIRY TO SID SEMPLE
TO SID SEMPLE... HELLO SID...I AM READING ABOUT YOUR NEWER WATER PUMP FOR THE 1929 DURANT....HOW ABOUT A FEW MORE DETAILS ABOUT WHAT AND WHERE TO GET THE ITEMS USED? ALSO, DO YOU HAVE ANY THOUGHTS ABOUT JUST USING THE GENERATOR HOUSING TO DRIVE THE DISTRIBUTOR AND P...
Views: 380   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 8, 2006 7:47pm
by gary k
1931 Coupe for sale
Hello, just posting a message for a customer who has a 31 coupe for sale it is partly restored and partly assembled. The owner past away and the sun would like to sell is since he has little interest in finishing the restorations. Let me know if anyone is inter...
Views: 236   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 8, 2006 4:55am
by David Roberts[TH...
For sale in local paper
This ad was in to-day's Ottawa newspaper. It may be of interest to members in Ontario or Hookstown PA. 1928 Durant, 4dr, ideal for restoration, stored inside last 50 years. New tire/tubes, rest original. $5,500; 613-830-0067 Those would of course be Canadian...
Views: 249   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 6, 2006 6:44pm
by Ron Jaremkow
looking for a rear tail light glass lens
I am looking for a rear tail light glass to suit a 29 D 60. The glass has STOP in the top I would consider the whole lot if some one did not want to seperate, Any help would be very much appreciated.
Views: 230   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 6, 2006 6:33pm
by Terry Harris
Durant Partner
The lasted issue of the Durant Partner arrived on Saturday. Another outstanding issue, the color photos on the front and rear covers are really striking when you pick up the magazine. charlie
Views: 195   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 6, 2006 4:48pm
by Charles A. Spitz...
Parts for sale, CHEAP!
Hi everyone! We are in the process of cleaning out our garage. The parts we have available are the following: Engine Transmission Front Axle Rear Axle Wheels Leaf Springs ...and more Take all for 150.00. We are not sure what year these parts are...
Views: 417   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 5, 2006 3:09pm
by Glenn Guild
1929 Rugby (Van or Panel Truck)
Looking for more information. The title says it is a 1929 Rugby 1/2 ton panel truck. The plate on the engine says: w8-7-1283 ~ Durant Motors Company ~ Continetal Motor Corporation ~ On the engine block it has: w8A 603 ~ It is a 4 cylinder. wheels are steel...
Views: 507   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 5, 2006 3:10am
by David Roberts[TH...
Free California Vacation
Free Southern California vacation. Free steak dinner and guided tour of the San Diego in my 29 Durant, free lodging and free tickets to the world famous San Diego Zoo plus I will give you $1,000.00 cash. All you need to do is stop by Frank Witkowski’s house in...
Views: 258   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 4, 2006 6:31pm
by Lance Haynes
Frame re-finishing
Did most of you Durantonians media blast your frame prior to refinishing, or use the old wire brush method of cleaning? Has anyone used the Eastwood frame paint to finish off their frame? What else has been used to get a good result?
Views: 393   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 1, 2006 7:28pm
by Jim Greenamyer
1933 Durant Sedan Pictures
Just posted pictures of Tim Orr's rare 1933 Durant Sedan in the Photographs section. Outstanding Find Tim! Rick
Views: 832   Replies: 10
Last Post: Aug 1, 2006 1:39pm
by Walter Pré
j
John
Going to look at a Durant
Hello, I am going to look at a Durant for sale in my area sometime this week. I have a few questions I'd like answered before I go, and any other advice you have would be appreciated. First, the car has no title so I'd like to know where the VIN plate is and how...
Views: 404   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 1, 2006 12:50pm
by John
Generator gearing
I'm seeking info about the proper gear to use. I have 3 gears for W5 Engine. One has 15 teeth, one 16 teeth, and one 20 teeth. Which is the correct one? I would also like to know what is the correct Tie-rod Ball size for 29 Rugby M4? Thanks In Advance! Brian.
Views: 226   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 31, 2006 10:47am
by Mike Rice
looking for headlight glass 9/38inches
if any one has a pair i am in need to finish my resto I would really appreciate any help as Durant is quite hard to find in Australia Many Thanks Terry Harris.
Views: 462   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 25, 2006 8:42pm
by Jim Greenamyer
Timing a W5 engine?
I had the generator rebuilt so I needed to retime the engine. I followed the procedure in the original manual using the mark on the flywheel but it wouldn't fire. Finally, I had a friend crank it over while I turned the distributor until it fired. While it runs at...
Views: 332   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 25, 2006 7:14pm
by Bob Porter
Still looking for my Star
Hi - I’m Moe Wright, of the ‘Searching For The Star of My Life’ in the ‘Personal Stories’ under the ‘Durant Links’ page. It’s several years since my story first appeared, and I am still wondering if my first love has a...
Views: 390   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 24, 2006 11:11am
by Moe Wright
1928 durant 2dr coupe steering wheel
Hi guys I need your help. My steering wheel seems to be very loose.I see no screws holding the wheel or horn button or button cover on.Can any you tell me how to remove the cover to tighten the wheel.THANKS IN ADVANCE [THE WOLFMAN].
Views: 255   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 22, 2006 7:40pm
by gary k
1928 Durant 2dr coupe Tire pressure
Can any one tell me the correct tire presure for my coupe.Also anybody have a spare service manuel.
Views: 277   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 21, 2006 6:40pm
by Gordon F. Curl
Attaching a radiator badge?
I had the radiator shell replated and the badge restored. The "ears" on the back of the badge are in bad shape and likely won't hold the badge in the hole in the shell. Can it be glued in? If so, what type of glue would I need? Any other ideas?
Views: 365   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 20, 2006 11:59pm
by Barry White
An opinion on the recent election.
Is the DMAC a democracy? With the finalazation of the recent so called election we must take a moment to ask this question. Did you the members of the DMAC really get the proper information to vote effectively or did you take the complacent approach that so many do w...
Views: 851   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jul 20, 2006 7:14pm
by Charles A. Spitz...
Need advice
The interior panel above the back window in my d65 is coming unglued. Can this be fixed without major undoing of the interior? It now looks as if the glue let go and has caused a bulge. Any ideas on how I can repair this?? Thanks lawrence
Views: 378   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 20, 2006 6:54am
by Lawrence
Durant Artical w/ a 1931 Durant 614
This last Saturday at a local car show a friend gave me a copy of Hemmings Classic Car Magazine. In it is a 7 page color artical of our man Durant and showing a 1931 Durant 614 Deluxe Sedan owned by our Club Member Odus G. Raymer. April 2006 issue.
Views: 354   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 17, 2006 1:48pm
by ken Brink
The DMAC Mission
When the DMAC was formed back in 1998, our founder Yates Milton wrote direct and clear mission statement, is was and still is: "Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company and provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours and technical...
Views: 284   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 11, 2006 10:56am
by Rick Botti
New Pictures Added
I've just added new pictures for: * This year's Durant Gathering to the Past Events page. You'll find it on the bottom of the Photographs page. * 1933 Durant Coupe owned by Keith Reid on the Durant page in the Photographs section. * 1926 Star Model M Coupst...
Views: 413   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 17, 2006 6:15pm
by Gordon F. Curl
Plans and Ideas for the Future of the DMAC
Hello Durantonians, The elections are behind us now, so I'd like to take this opportunity to share some of my ideas with you. Back in the club's beginning, it was important to build and grow the club by increasing membership. To that end, the club grew from our...
Views: 666   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 16, 2006 6:02pm
by Phil Donoghoe
2006 Durant gathering in Picton
Ha guys just a little note about the Durant meet in Picton. My wife and I had a great time.We meet a lot of great people.The countryside down there was very very nice.The tour was well organized. For our first experience at a Durant meet, it was a lovely introduction...
Views: 295   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 15, 2006 9:40am
by David Roberts[TH...
Durant body?
I was enjoying the afternoon at a swap meet today and came across a coupe body for sale that was marked "29 Durant". The man that was selling it had pulled it out of creek bed in Montana some years back. It did not have the Durant ID plate on the firewall but did...
Views: 978   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jul 14, 2006 5:21pm
by gary k
Probably a lost cause, but need help identifying a car
Hello Durant enthusiasts, I own a home built in 1928 by an accountant for the former Verlinden assembly plant which is just down the road. In researching the history of my home, I've uncovered an undated photo. The only clue to the date is the car in the neighbo...
Views: 260   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 13, 2006 8:32am
by cdmn
How to Add Pictures to your Messages
You may have noticed a couple of pictures have appeared in the forum messages recently. While it's no secret, you can add an image to your message with a standard HTML image tag. The code looks like this, Sample"
Views: 418   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 12, 2006 7:27pm
by Rick Botti
Front Universal
What type of lubrication should I use on the front universal joint (closest to transmission) on my Durant 60. I found a screw hole fitting possibly for filling with some type of lube. There is no seal on the driveshaft. What keeps the lube from coming out? Thanks.
Views: 285   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 12, 2006 12:15pm
by Rick Botti
Another Durant For Sale on EBay
1921 Durant Item number: 220005646898
Views: 283   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 11, 2006 9:57pm
by Rick Botti
1928 Durant Coupe in Texas Museum
Hugh Hemphill just wrote me to say that he has just finished an additional page about their 1928 Durant belonging to the Texas Transportation Museum to their website. Here is the link: http://www.txtransportationmuseum.org/DUR.htm Their Durant-Star is an M2,...
Views: 294   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 10, 2006 5:30pm
by Don Shilling
A Tour of the Oakland Plant
Since there is a lot of restoration work going on at this time through out the club, I recommend reading the "1929 Tour of Oakland Plant" located in the Special Interest section or by clicking the link to your left. http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/durant/Addi...
Views: 264   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 9, 2006 11:59am
by Rick Botti
New Buick and Durant Book
Hello Durant Historians There is another brand new great book out called “David Buick’s Marvelous Motor Car” by Lawrence R. Gustin. Durant’s picture is on the cover along with David Buick’s picture and our man is all over in the book....
Views: 273   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 5, 2006 6:45pm
by Lance Haynes
Annual Meeting
Just wondering if you have planed a tech seminar at the next annual meet in Erie. Also do you have planed to set up a display table for parts and tech info like we had in the last meet in Santa Rosa? Regards Franz Fraitzl
Views: 228   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 4, 2006 5:29am
by Gordon F. Curl
g
gary k
I need a friend in Flint, Michigan
Dear Fellow Durantonians, I am dealing with a man in Flint for a set of six wire wheels. If I get them, I will probably have a difficult time getting to them to pick them up. I am wondering if any club member who lives in or about Flint , Mich. might be willing to h...
Views: 323   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 3, 2006 7:02pm
by Dave Piggott
Durant auto used in the Movie Cinderella man?
We just watched the movie Cinderella Man on HBO saturday night. I may be on demand too, and should replay this tuesday at 8 pm. We noticed that when Russell Crowe goes to the Heavy Weight World Champion fight (at near the end of the movie) he is picked up in a what w...
Views: 388   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 3, 2006 6:52pm
by Lance Haynes
Model 60 gas petal assembly
Hi Club members, I need a gas petal and the parts needed to connect to the carb. Does anyone have one that you are willing to part with? this is for 1929 Model 60. Leonard Burkholder
Views: 404   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 3, 2006 6:40pm
by Lance Haynes
Jim and Carol Roberts' 1926 Star
I ran across this story on the internet about DMAC members Jim and Carol Roberts and their 1926 Star. You can either click the mailbox link on the left or copy and past the address below into your browser. Rick http://www.tomstrongman.com/ClassicCars/Sta...
Views: 231   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 3, 2006 5:45pm
by Gordon F. Curl
New Picture
Just added new picture of a beautiful red 1922 Durant A22 Touring. This one is owned by Roland Paquette in New hampshire. Rick
Views: 341   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 3, 2006 2:30am
by Yates Milton
Interior Colors for 1929
Greetings Fellow Durantians, Does any one know what the orignal interior colors were for 1929? Did they use a dark brown? Also: I'm still looking for the gas petal assembly for a 1929 Model 60. Let me know if you have one you are willing to part with. Th...
Views: 304   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 2, 2006 8:07am
by Leonard Burkhold...
sharing two great resourses
Greetings Fellow Durantians, I came accross two great resourses I would like to share: 1. Noah Oberholtzer in Leola, Lancaster County, PA. Phone 717-656-8036. Noah makes buggy tops. He has all the cast iron pieces and the wood bows. He is redoing the hardware o...
Views: 237   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 2, 2006 8:04am
by Leonard Burkhold...
Radiator Needed
Terry Rudie of Westby Wisconsin Is looking for a radiator for a 1928 Model M4 and a 1930 Model 614. If you have or know of one, please call him at: 608 452-3989
Views: 235   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 29, 2006 10:25pm
by Rick Botti
Oil pan seal supports aka "filler block"
Can anyone tell me where to get the front and rear oil pan seal housings for a continental 6 cyl. 22AA engine? The front one is called a filler block in the continental book, not sure what the rear one is called. I'll bet any one of you that has had these engines apa...
Views: 384   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 29, 2006 6:40pm
by Jim Glover
1928 Durant 2Dr coupe
Hi guys.Iam picking up my newly purchaced 1928 Durant 2Dr coupe this sunday.Great father days gift to my self.I was woundering if any one has any information on how it drives or any problems which may occur.The car is in great shape and has been restored.Any help wou...
Views: 298   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 29, 2006 3:15am
by David Roberts[TH...
77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86

The Durant Motors Automobile Club