Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Starter Bendix?
Does anyone have a good starter bendix for sale? My collar has detached from the teeth on my starter bendix and although it was brazed once, it has let loose again.
Views: 152   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 15, 2020 2:47pm
by Vince OBrien
Parts Book for a 25 Star
Does anyone have a parts book for a 25 Star?
Views: 158   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 15, 2020 7:41am
by mark armer
Car hauler for Tall car
How do you guys transport your cars ? I bought a 20’ car hauler but doesn’t make it up the ramp without hitting the roof . I thought about removing wheels but would have to build a nice rolling stand . Any suggestions ? I suppose building a raised loading...
Views: 173   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 11, 2020 10:22am
by Bob Smith
lubrication
I am looking for a copy of a lubrication chart for my 1931 Durant 614 and the 1926 Locomobile junior 8. I don't need an original ,just looking for the information to made sure I do a thorough job. Thanks Kenn
Views: 160   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 10, 2020 2:17pm
by Norm Toone
j
Jeremy
Durant advertisement
I am looking for some info on this Durant advertisement. Cannot find another one online anywhere. Has anyone else seen it or know what year it is from? Maybe a dealership advertisement? Has really cool graphics. Thank you in advance. pic hosting free
Views: 389   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 4, 2020 8:13pm
by cdmn
Oil Pan Gasket
Does anyone know a source for an oil pan gasket for my 25 Star other than Olsen's?
Views: 202   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 1, 2020 8:09pm
by John Connor
Coolant
I have just gone through my coolant system. New radiator core, rebuilt water pump, flushed block, etc. would like some advise on what to run as coolant. Read posts on the web that it is not adviseable to use antifreeze. My radiator guy didn’t think it was a pro...
Views: 238   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 1, 2020 5:29pm
by Ross Hoevet
Ammeter
My ammeter stopped registering. Stuck in the middle. Car runs and starts. I've never had this kind of problem. So where should I start to find and fix the problem?
Views: 137   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 30, 2020 3:04pm
by ross hoevet
This wheel is driving me crazy.
I repaired a flat and although I have been able to finish this up in the past, today seems to be different. You see I cannot get the rim to expand the last ¼” so the two ends of the wheel mate. I hope I don’t have to remove the rim and figure some...
Views: 216   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 27, 2020 8:01pm
by Vince OBrien
wondering what happened to a 1928 durant 2dr sedan
I've been wondering what happened to a 1928 Durant 2dr sedan that belonged to a friend of mine. The car was restored in about 1980 and I did some minor work on the car. It was a good original car and resulted in a spectacular restoration. It was painted back to the o...
Views: 169   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 25, 2020 10:59am
by Curtis Bartell
1928 Star engine
Assisting a friend replace timing chain and sprockets in a 1927 14L Continental engine installed in a 1928 Star. Using the article by Bruce Hargin found on the technical page. Finding the bolt (nut?) in the end of the camshaft very tight. Need to determine if it is...
Views: 262   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 21, 2020 6:11am
by John Thomas
clock
SO im trying to deign some durant wall clocks from a company right now i have only done star car , if some one can forward a durant and rugby logo i can forward them on to the company and i will post what they might look like . IF we can get enough orders the will wa...
Views: 242   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 20, 2020 2:18pm
by Don Shilling
Need information on my 1923 touring Star car
Greetings: I don't want to be a bother, I'm a Iraq veteran diagnosed with PTSD I bought a 1923 touring Star car.The bottom of serial numbers chart on the technical section of the DMAC I saw the following. (*) 1923 Star date (L-September 1st 1922. The ID plate on my...
Views: 156   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 18, 2020 6:11am
by Norman Toone
Need help with my Bendix 3 shoe mechanical breaks
When I took my brakes apart for restoration I took several photographs which I thought would be what I would use to put them back together. Now as you can see from the photographs that the parts are restored and I have new brake pads installed. I downloaded the instr...
Views: 158   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 17, 2020 7:21am
by Mike Linthicum
Need Tips and some help for restoring my first Durant
I am new to restoring and have just purchased my first 1928 Durant M2. I have taken pictures of the engine and have figured out and ordered some of the parts I need for it, but I need help finding parts and would appreciate any general tips on restoring these beautif...
Views: 203   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 6, 2020 7:49am
by ross hoevet
Excess Durant Parts
Hope this finds the Durant family all alive and well in this very trying time. I suppose the one good thing that is coming out of this is that we've had time to not only collect our thoughts but to collect and organize our Durant stock. I've just finished going thro...
Views: 258   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 6, 2020 6:45am
by Mike Linthicum
1929 chev coach on BAT assembly steps
There is a 1929 Chevrolet Coach On the website Bring a Trailer auction right now with the auction closing in a couple days. But after the auction closes it will still be accessible forever? The reason I bring it up is that the seller has a 32 minute time lapse of him...
Views: 200   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 24, 2020 9:14am
by Rick Botti
EDITOR NEEDED!
Hello Durantonians Carol has graciously agreed to put out our next issue of "The Partner" which will be coming out soon BUT as I posted earlier she has notified me she has retired. The last issue was supposed to be her last. We need a club member to step up and b...
Views: 139   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 22, 2020 9:34am
by Mike Linthicum
Cookies
With all the health issues going on, and all the events not going on, we decided to do something different while staying home. We brought out the "DMAC Cookie Cookbook" created by Peggy Spitz and Carla Spitz Fisher for the 7th Annual DMAC Meeting in New Jersey in...
Views: 193   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 20, 2020 5:28pm
by Peggy Spitz
Restoring Dash Gauges
About 40 years ago I restored the dash gauges in my '31 Chrysler when I restored the car...I recall having the round bezels chrome plated and a fellow in San Diego who was also restoring a '31 Chrysler sent me a set of or rather a sheet of vinyl self adhesive decal d...
Views: 438   Replies: 8
Last Post: Apr 19, 2020 10:39am
by Bill Hoaglan
Radiator
Question about radiator caps. Is there a size designation for the radiator cap for a 1928 Star? Also does the Durant and star use the same size cap?
Views: 190   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 10, 2020 7:30am
by John strieb
s
Shane
W5 motor front seal
Does anyone have the correct size of the front felt seal on the crankshaft for a W5 motor? The size I have written down is not correct. Thanks
Views: 136   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 7, 2020 3:05pm
by Shane
Rugby Racer In Hemmings for $99,000
On page two of the latest Hemmings is an ad for a Rugby racer for $99,000. Here's a link to the listing: https://www.erclassics.com/rugby-durant-1929-r2548/
Views: 152   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 6, 2020 7:11am
by Don Shilling
flywheel ring gear
New ring gear on the flywheel for my 6-14 22A engine.Number on ring gear is H8C300W if you find one at a swap meet.(Our big Portland Swap Meet was cancelled this year due to Covid-19). A lot of time now to do projects. Our governor said my profession cannot return to...
Views: 264   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 4, 2020 1:52pm
by Rick Botti
Stay Safe and I wish everone stay healthy!
I wanted to tell all my extended family members, the Durantonians that I wish all of you well and that you stay healthy during this troubling times! So far I haven't heard of anyone of our members contracting the virus and are following the CDC as well as the local a...
Views: 399   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 1, 2020 6:20pm
by ross hoevet
Tillotson Carburetor
Will a Tillotson carburetor JR5 or JR5A work on my a1928 4 cylinder Star? Thanks.
Views: 294   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 30, 2020 8:26am
by Bill Hoaglan
Pacific Coast Chapter Spring Fling Tour
“Planes, trains, canyons and cars” Come see beautiful Ogden Utah, May 4-8, 2020 An aerospace museum, a pioneer ranch, an historic train station, and the site of the Golden Spike ceremony are just some of the events you can look forward to!...
Views: 273   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 29, 2020 12:51pm
by Bob Bush
SMS Auto Fabrics is having a 19% off sale
Hard to believe in these turbulent times, and because SMS has never had a sale in its entire 43 years, but I received an email with the news this morning. SMS is open although operating with a smaller staff. If you want to take advantage of their sale and order anyt...
Views: 145   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 26, 2020 7:35am
by Bob Bush
30 Durant and Rugby wood wheel hubcaps
Testing the waters to see if there is enough interest in reproducing the aluminum hubcaps for 30 Rugby trucks, and 30 Durant wood wheel hubcaps. Would need orders of 12 for each design and 50% down. This is just in the exploratory stage right now, if interested I...
Views: 371   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 24, 2020 5:16pm
by Rick Botti
Cylinderhead Gasket
I need a cylinder head gasket for a 1930 Durant Coupe. Flathead 6 cylinder Continental engine. I cannot find a data plate listing engine type / model. there is a casting mark of 11/13/29 on the cylinder head and the following number: 22AA605 The vehicle title list...
Views: 206   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 21, 2020 12:27pm
by Norman Toone
CANCELLATION OF 2020 DMAC NATIONAL MEET IN CLACKAMAS, OREGON
Hello Durantonians; After conferring with Phil Peters the host and organizer of the 2020 DMAC National Meet in Oregon, it has been decided to cancel this years event. The decision was not taken lightly as I know how much we all love getting together and the fun we...
Views: 167   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 19, 2020 6:08pm
by Tom Schaffer
DMAC Events
Just posted this to the Pacific Coast Facebook site, but thought I would also make a post here. Ok, I'm sure there have been discussions already but I guess I'll be the first to actually ask the question. Should the DMAC events scheduled, simply be moved to next y...
Views: 141   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 17, 2020 7:58pm
by Tom Schaffer
DMAC East Coast Chapter Spring Meet
The East Coast Chapter Spring Meet was planning to be held on the Eastern Shore of Maryland this April with trips planned for several of the local historic sites as well as some real good seafood eating around the area. Unfortunately our point man, on a recent trip t...
Views: 188   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 15, 2020 8:06am
by Mike Linthicum
Help! Rear cam plug/seal 1930 22A engine
My 614 has a severe oil leak on the rear of the engine. I thought it was the rear main seal, which I replaced, but the real problem is that the plug at the rear of the cam has disappeared (fell out of the block I guess). I think the way to fix it is to put in a new w...
Views: 170   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 14, 2020 6:28pm
by Bob Bush
For Sale: 1931 DeVaux Coupe in Eau Claire, WI
Hello Durant club members. I'm helping my mother sell a 1931 DeVaux Sport Coupe, pictured here: This car was restored by my grandfather, Harry Hoy. He was an accomplished restorer and body man. He spent much of his life running a garage and body shop in Chicag...
Views: 4668   Replies: 13
Last Post: Mar 9, 2020 5:18am
by Norman Toone
d
Don
Vin number
I just got a Durant from Danial Rose of AZ. looked for the vin number plate but no plate is there any where it is stamp on the car?
Views: 207   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 6, 2020 9:15am
by Norman Toone
d
Dustin
1930 Durant
I'm trying to get some information on the value of a 1930 Durant I just picked up. Its a 4 door sedan right hand drive. Should run and it's mostly complete.
Views: 489   Replies: 15
Last Post: Feb 27, 2020 12:20pm
by Dave Schulte
tail light
Just wondering. Years ago while looking for a tail light for my 26' Star sedan, I was told that it used the same tail light as Cheverolet, which I managed to round up along with several glass lenses. Later saw the same tail light in an ad for embossed Star 6 lenses....
Views: 307   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 10, 2020 3:05pm
by John Langan
619 Headlight reflectors
Here is a sneak peek at the new plating work on my 1931 model 619 Head Light reflectors. Yeap, those are mine. The company that did the work, posted two pictures up on their Facebook page today. Rick https://www.facebook.com/AmericanPlatingCo/photos/a.751373...
Views: 172   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 3, 2020 9:14pm
by Don Shilling
DMAC needs your help! Our Editor is retiring!
Hello Durantonians! After 13 years of putting out one of the best car club magazines our Editor Carol Fogarazzo is retiring. Over the years the DMAC has one "The Golden Quill Award" for our Partner magazine numerous times and we are now looking to find someone who...
Views: 231   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 1, 2020 7:04am
by Mike Linthicum
A tribe of scribes...
Along the lines of finding someone to fill Carol's shoes... Are there any 'Jimmy Olsens' out there ... photographers and reporters that want to work with the editor of the Quarterly Partner (x-Daily Planet)?? We only print four issues a year, but developing int...
Views: 158   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 30, 2020 8:19am
by Bob Smith
Defferential ring gear & pinion gear
Ring gear part # F-3-41016 and the pinion gear to mesh with it are needed. On taking the differential apart I had chipped teeth on both gears and I am not sure they can be repaired. The spider gears are O. K. Any help would be appreciated. I do not have the part numb...
Views: 163   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 24, 2020 1:29pm
by Bill Hoge
car storage
Thought I'd check the wisdom bank of this forum. Does anyone have any pros or cons to express about storing a car in an enclosed aluminum trailer for the winter? I have my car in a trailer at my son's place - he has more space than I do. This will free up a garage st...
Views: 229   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 23, 2020 10:04pm
by Bill Hoaglan
Test
I'm experimenting with posting pictures. Ignore me. https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6r8ak5cylsu4lf/Durant%20pictures0001.jpg?dl=0
Views: 141   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 22, 2020 9:12pm
by Rick Botti
r
Ross
Brassworks Radiators
Anyone used Brassworks Radiators in Paso Robles, Calif for any work? Looks like they can do it all.Ross
Views: 217   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 22, 2020 7:22pm
by Vince O'Brien
r
Ross
1930 Durant 6-14 at Barrett-Jackson sold
Results from today(thursday) at Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale for a 1930 Durant 6-14 wood wheel 4dr sedan,lot 616. I'd say the car was driver-level quality,MOSTLY original(a couple of non-original items, but nothing glaring), actually a little dirty for an auction prese...
Views: 195   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 17, 2020 4:55am
by Bob Smith
Accessing website issues
Depending on your location, domains durantmotors.com and durantmotors.org have had issues that continue to persist. However we have a backup, either durantmotors.net or DMACweb.com should work in most cases. Rick
Views: 441   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 15, 2020 9:23pm
by Rick Botti
1931 DeVaux Sport Coupe for sale.
There is a 1931 Rumble Seat, Sport Coupe for sale in California. It was part of a collection that was for sale in Riverside about a year ago. It is a good car and has a perfect history. First owned by a DeVaux dealer, Harry Hoy from Wisconsin. If interested, contact...
Views: 161   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 14, 2020 3:08pm
by Gary Yelle
k
KJ
Cliff Durant watch mystery
I have this watch which is engraved "Scooter" Congratulations and sincerest wishes Cliff Durant 6-18-36". I have researched Cliff, but I cant figure out who is/was "Scooter"? I plan on selling the watch any suggestions on venue and price would also be of help.
Views: 170   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 10, 2020 3:27pm
by Brian Johnson
Durant Rugby racer for sale
Something you don’t see everyday. https://youtu.be/v5-RZ2sTyYs
Views: 280   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 4, 2020 10:04pm
by cdmn
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

The Durant Motors Automobile Club