Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Throwout and Spicer
Any body know where I can get a throwout bearing (interchangeable?), and the rubber balls for the spicer joint (could I use a substitute for these) the existing ones are hard and brittle. Looks to be all I need to drop the motor in the car and go for a test drive.Thanks
Views: 250   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 4, 2012 5:31am
by Frank Witkowski
Oil pressure fluctuations
Hi There: Yesterday I took the Frontenac out to go to the annual Touring Inspection meet for HASC (Historic Automobile Society of Canada) When I got out on the highway and up to speed, I noticed that the oil pressure on the gauge was fluctuating (from 35 - 45 lbs)...
Views: 344   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 3, 2012 10:58am
by Gordon F. Curl
d
Dave G
Horn button, stupid question
Did any durants have a center horn button or shield on their steering wheels. and if so, does someone have a picture. thanks.
Views: 280   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 31, 2012 1:01pm
by Dave G
My First Question
Hello all, just recently joined the club and thought I would introduce myself and my car. To those of you who were in Vancouver B.C. last year I have purchased Franz Fraitzl's project Star with the hopes of completing the restoration. I have made up new sills from o...
Views: 372   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 31, 2012 9:47am
by Martyn Hough
1930 Durant/T.J.Richards
Wow: Look what was posted today on E-Bay. To see a Australian bodied Durant for sale here is hard to believe. If it was not accross the country I would be looking at it tomorrow. Don..how close is that town in LA. from you? For sure I don't want to see this car...
Views: 616   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 25, 2012 8:09pm
by John
Old Cars Weekly, article 5-31-2012, p. 10
Finally, Gerald Perschbacher in his Club Clips column picked up an article by Phil Peters (throttle and spark levers) from the "Partner". The club, the newsletter and Carol (which includes an address) are all given some deserved press...ink.
Views: 270   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 23, 2012 4:02pm
by Frank Witkowski
More things for sale
Think I am almost back on track again from the Park. During the summer I had day after day voice mail for a week from a Joe Petrella in Washington. Just did a 411 reverse phone look up and got ... Joseph Petrello 6006 S Fork Coppei Rd Waitsburg, WA 99361-7747...
Views: 838   Replies: 12
Last Post: May 18, 2012 7:25pm
by Dave Truemner
W5 motor mounts - Mac Irvine contact details
I'm chasing some of the rubber engine mounts for a W5 motor and reading previous posts, Mac Irvine made some reproductions. His email address from an old post doesn't work. Does anyone have his current email contact details. Thanks
Views: 247   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 18, 2012 4:15am
by S. Blomquist
Prop shaft universal joint covers
Hi all. Both of the grease/oil covers at each end of the Spicer prop shaft are damaged. Does anyone know where I can purchase a new set? Preferably in the UK but anywhere will do!!!
Views: 265   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 17, 2012 8:12am
by Graham Batty
Intro, and a few things , I would like.
Good Morning, I resently picked up a old Durant project outta the north, north washington state. firewall tag found by previous owner and now back in firewall. M2- E14991 This has been a ******* project kinda, that an old kat saved parts for over a 20 year period...
Views: 296   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 16, 2012 8:25pm
by Dave Grimmitt
need parts
I have a 1926 Star Coupster that I am restoring. I need the interior door handle escutcheons for it. Does anyone know of where I might get a pair? Thanks, Don
Views: 272   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 15, 2012 3:22pm
by don cantrell
wheel lubs
The Durant mentioned in a previous post, the one in storage since 1944, is about 2/3 restored. Great car - runs fine, no rust found when we stripped for repainting..But, it's missing one lug bolt/flange on each wheel. It appears that, at some point, the original owne...
Views: 204   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 15, 2012 10:49am
by Don Shilling
g
gary k
1925 Star Model F Roadster frame specifications
Members... has anyone ever found or drawn the frame from a 1925 model F Star....and made a drawing showing measurements and specs...like if i needed to make a reproduction star frame???? things like length , width at several places... spring attachment positions,...
Views: 370   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 14, 2012 9:22pm
by gary k
Fuel Tank Sender Unit
I removed the fuel tank in my D60 today. After 21 years of sitting in storage I assumed the tank was empty. I was laying under the tank removing the strap bolts when the tank came loose. I then realized the significance of not relying on assumptions, when the tank hi...
Views: 419   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 14, 2012 4:38am
by S. Blomquist
Autopar Tires
I realize this isnt Durant related.......A friend of mine is a Mopar collector and is looking for some Autopar Mopar tires. Do any of you Canadian members have any in you stash? Any size, white letters a plus, for display only. Thanks, Dave
Views: 250   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 12, 2012 9:38am
by Dave Schulte
4th Annual Pacific Coast Chapter Spring Tour
The Pacific Coast Chapter Presents the Spring Mystery Tour May 8th -11th in Salida, California Salida is located in the Central Valley between Manteca and Modesto. Hotel La QUINTA Inn 4909 Sisk Road Salida, CA 95368 (209) 579-8723 www.laqu...
Views: 366   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 11, 2012 4:55pm
by Charles A. Spitz...
The elusive 1931 DeVaux Phaeton
Since I have been following the DeVaux, I had seen one reference to a DeVaux Phaeton. Beverly Rae Kimes in the Standard Catalog of American Cars does list the Phaeton for 1931. A little while back when Howard and talked on the phone he indicated he had a sales arti...
Views: 300   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 11, 2012 4:34pm
by dae enrico
g
gary k
MAN SELLING TITLES....
I FOUND A MAN SELLING TITLES....HE HAS 10,000 TITLES HE SAYS...I BOUGHT A STAR TITLE AND DESOTO TITLE ALL OPEN AND SIGNED BY SELLER....THEY WENT THRU PENNA.TITLE TRANSFER...NOW IN MY NAME....HE HAS A FEW FOR OUR CARS...A 1927 STAR CONV TRUCK, A RUGBY OF SOME KIND AND...
Views: 243   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 11, 2012 1:16pm
by gary k
Back on the road
Hi all, Its been a few months now since my dilema of a broken axle. So with the rear gaurd and body repaired I now have the car back on the road. I thought I'd say thanks to everyone for their input on where to get parts, etc. Thanks heaps. Unfortunatly I los...
Views: 563   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 9, 2012 6:01pm
by gary k
Parts
I have a Star grease cap/hub cap in good condition - the one with a Star, anyone need one?
Views: 243   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 5, 2012 6:28am
by Dan Cotney
Glolite headlamp glass.
I have an interest in old cars and spares. Recently I bought a quantity of Rolls Royce and Bentley parts. When sorting I found a Glolite Headlamp Lense. Via your website I note these lamps were fitted to Durant cars! Glass size approx. 9,5/8 dia. Convex. vertical flu...
Views: 424   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 3, 2012 7:34pm
by Norm Toone
How did tire discussion get to Tim Hortons donuts.
Please be assured that I would never drop a Tim Bit let alone a real Timmies donut. THUS !!! The Tim Hortons that do live in the US are not my fault but are my pleasure to attend.
Views: 228   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 3, 2012 12:22pm
by Jack Connor
Continental engine 14L valve springs
Any idea where I could find 12 new springs for a Continental 14L engine?
Views: 213   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 1, 2012 7:00pm
by Don Shilling
Rear wrap around tin?
Does anybody know what is supposed to go above the rear deck, rear window area starting behind the doors. Is this just wood framed and wrapped in fabric/vinyl or is there supposed to be a metal backer for a 29 coupe. I was looking at the orange 29 coupe in the photos...
Views: 401   Replies: 9
Last Post: Apr 29, 2012 9:39pm
by Todd K.
Misc. info.
Hello I am a new owner about to bring home a 29 model 60 coupe. Does anybody know if this car came with stock running boards that were wood?.Also was the rumble seat an option (can I add one) if it was not stock to this car?. Thanks Todd
Views: 387   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 29, 2012 9:32pm
by Todd K.
Traverse City Annual meet.
Reservations confirmed. Have intentions to bring our car. See U all there. Ken and Dorothy Brink
Views: 178   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 29, 2012 3:33pm
by Ken Brink
Question for all you Durant mechanics
While in Charleston saw in Ron's car manual an eye bolt device that they put in I believe #3 cylinder to pull the engine. I know I don't have to use this, but was wondering if anybody knew the size and dimensions of this eye bolt. I believe the spark plugs have fine...
Views: 304   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 28, 2012 5:46am
by Mike Linthicum
Brake linings specs plus Vancouver.
Good day gentlemen/gentlewomen. I need to reline my brakes. Seems to be a every 2500 miles affair (mind you I drive in hilly country). Brake shop in Edmonton has charged me $500 twice for relining my brakes. Too much money. So: I have bought a hole counter...
Views: 281   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 26, 2012 4:47pm
by Gordon F. Curl
East Coast Chapter Meet
Fresh back from the recent East Coast Chapter Meet in Charleston and had a great time seeing everyone. Weather was great, not too hot and the rain held out for us. Tour of the Hunley Submarine was exceptional and the bus tour around Charleston was great. Hope everyon...
Views: 649   Replies: 9
Last Post: Apr 26, 2012 12:24pm
by Mike Linthicum
Hotel information & Schedule for April East Coast Chapter Spring Meet
Ok Durantonians, as promised here is the hotel information, and schedule as I have it now for the DMAC East Coast Chapter Spring Meet April 19th through April 22, 2012. Your not going to want to miss this event! Hotel Wingate by Wyndham 9280 University Boulev...
Views: 694   Replies: 29
Last Post: Apr 23, 2012 9:07am
by Tom & Karen Edmo...
Pacific Coast Chapter of DMAC Mystery Tour
Pacific Coast Chapter of DMAC Mystery Tour begins on May 8th just a couple of weeks behind the East Coast Chapter Tour. Come join us and kick some tire and have a great time. I just made my hotel reservations. Rick
Views: 238   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 22, 2012 11:31am
by Rick Botti
. . . looking for photo . . .
We owned a 1931 Durant panel delivery truck. I learned to drive in it. Does anyone have a photo of such and animal?
Views: 303   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 22, 2012 5:48am
by Norm Toone
Looking for advice on sale of Durant
First my apologies if this is the wrong forum to discuss selling our Durant. Our 1926 Star was giving to my son by my father and at 17 with college looming and storage getting more costly we are looking into selling. Any advice is greatly appreciated Bill & Col...
Views: 367   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 19, 2012 4:46am
by william radichel
Links to website back up and running
Hemmings moved all of their car club websites to another server today. This temporality broke several links inside the website as well as the domain forwarding addresses. All has been repaired and the following domain names are working once again; durantmotors.org...
Views: 232   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 18, 2012 9:50am
by Rick Botti
a
Adam
I need a roof
Hi everyone, Its been a while since I have been on here. The restoration is going slow. I am in need of a new roof for my M2. Can anyone point me in the right direction of someone that sells them? Thanks, Adam
Views: 868   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 18, 2012 5:21am
by Mike Linthicum
Oil Filter for a 14L
The filter on my 14L had a number of felt discs for the filtering element. My research has turned up a Wix 51598 cartridge as a suitable replacement. Am I on the right track? What do you guys use?
Views: 253   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 15, 2012 2:27pm
by Phil Peters
Early Durant car colors
Got a question for everyone. Does anybody have any information on what colors the early Durants and Stars were painted prior to 1928. I posted the chart for the 1928 colors and we have good documentation on the colors after 1929, but what about the earlier cars. I kn...
Views: 340   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 12, 2012 7:36am
by Frank Witkowski
Brakes
Hope everyone here is doing well. It's been a while since my last post here. About a year and 1/2 ago I finished everything mechanical on my Durant 614 and was ready to put it together. The only thing stopping me was the brakes. I had the drums pulled off, the pads...
Views: 373   Replies: 10
Last Post: Apr 12, 2012 2:57am
by Norm Toone
Paint color
Anybody know which of the four greens offered in 1929 is a green/blue (it is more green than blue). I sure would like to put a name to it. Also what is the best modern substitute to match for touchups, laquer, enamel,..?? Thanks
Views: 204   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 11, 2012 12:23pm
by Mike Linthicum
Parts interchange
Does anybody know if a 29 coupe shares the same body parts such as door strikers, rear quarter, bumper brackets,... with other makes and models of that era? I am short a few items and have a damaged rt. rear quarter. How about wire wheels also, were these an option b...
Views: 466   Replies: 8
Last Post: Apr 11, 2012 12:07pm
by Norm Toone
New Update
Added more picture of 1923 Durant Sport Touring Model A22 Owned by Don Price to the Durant Photograph page. Rick
Views: 198   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 11, 2012 8:34am
by Bill Hoaglan
Need new Bendix.
I need to replace my Starter Bendix. I need a recommendation for replacement. Will Ford Model A starter Bendix work as a replacement? Thanking you for any suggestion. Ken Brink
Views: 275   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 9, 2012 7:08pm
by Vince O'Brien
Proper Horn for '29 D60 ?
Could someone send me a pic of the proper horn and proper location for my '29 D60? I would appreciate it.
Views: 253   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 9, 2012 5:00pm
by Don Shilling
Fire Order
My literature collection is all packed away due to some renovation, can someone provide my the correct firing order for my a22 Thanks again Lew
Views: 226   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 8, 2012 7:36pm
by Bill Hoaglan
Correct Carb On D60
In sorting out my goodies for my '29 D60, I find the carb that came with all the loose parts is a used Tillotson TLW (Trout Line Weight). There was a list of correct carbs used on our cars many years ago and I can't find it. What are you guys running?
Views: 220   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 8, 2012 4:53pm
by Phil Peters
What's In Your Garage???
Hi All..... Sometimes it's nice to see some "works in progress". Please share some of your "Treasures" with us. I'll start off with a couple pictures in some of my garages. The first group shows our 6-17, along side the Durant-Dort Blue Ribbon Buggy. T...
Views: 878   Replies: 10
Last Post: Apr 7, 2012 2:02pm
by Norm Toone
Durant and Stars Found
Has anyone else received an email from Ron Arounde concerning some Durant and Star derelicts stored in a chicken house in Kansas? He said they were about 1/2 mile off I-35 at mile marker 101. He said he would like them hauled away before he sells the property. I've...
Views: 315   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 4, 2012 9:45am
by Frank Witkowski
25 Locomobile Model 48 eng Got away, good price!
Last night on E-bay a big 1925 Loco Model 48 6 Cyl T-head 524.8 cubic inch engine [Non removable head; 3 sets of 2 cylinders bolted to crankcase] sold for $3350 after 18 bids by about 6 people. The engine shown was a "very nice" old engine. This was the huge 103...
Views: 425   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 3, 2012 9:27pm
by Lance Chabot
Tornado in Texas
I sure hope Don Shilling is okay in Texarkana- I see the tornado pics on T V and they look to be pretty close to his area. Would hate to see his hangers flying through space scattering all the great cars and parts he has all over Texas. Ken
Views: 224   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 3, 2012 8:39pm
by Don Shilling
Took a drive today
to look at a parts car. The picture the fellow sent me in the mail, yes actual photo on paper, was probably taken quite a few years ago. The condition of the car today is not good. I offered him $200.00 for what was left and he refused and held fast at $800.00. N...
Views: 234   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 3, 2012 2:29pm
by Brian D.
30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

The Durant Motors Automobile Club