Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Brake/emergency brake lever/clutch hookups.
Wondered if anyone had a diagram or pictures of how the brake pedal and emergency brake lever were attached to the frame on the 27 touring. I've got several peices but assume their all for later medels as nothing seems to match up. Put the clutch cross peiece in and...
Views: 208   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 26, 2013 6:38am
by Jim Greenamyer
Radiator Cap
I need a radiator cap for my 31 De Vaux. Any ideas where to look? Maybe someone knows of another model Durant that used the same radiator.... I haven't had much luck researching. The engine is a Hall-Scott 40A...it's almost the same engine as a Continental 22A. The r...
Views: 407   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 25, 2013 4:53pm
by Sean Tener
'26 star M Truck
Need advice on my '26 Star M truck. The front drive shaft doesn't seem to have any type of seal on it and the books don't reveal any seal there. Upon filling the transmission with oil, the oil leaks out the front. ANY comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
Views: 413   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 23, 2013 9:58am
by Don Shilling
Another great meeting!
Just got back home from the DMAC East Coast Chapter meeting in Corning, New York. Hope all that attended had a great time and had a safe trip home. Except for the snow on Saturday, and the drop in temperature everything went well. Those of you that could not attend w...
Views: 238   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 22, 2013 7:30am
by gary kauffman
1928 Durant D60 Sedan, found in covered garage FOR SALE
This car was found in our neighbor's garage. It has a complicated history, and at some point was the governor's car of Oklahoma, and it spent time in, and was titled in, South Dakota. It has not been running or driven since 2006. It is in unbelievable original cond...
Views: 514   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 20, 2013 3:08pm
by Chris F. Lillibr...
McPherson College Car Show Saturday May 4
I am currently a student at McPherson College, located in McPherson Kansas, where I am majoring in Automotive Restoration. This is the only school in the country where you can receive a Bachelors Degree in Automotive Restoration. On Saturday May 4th, there is a car...
Views: 199   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 19, 2013 1:20pm
by Jason Pfoutz
Events page updated
Let me know if you need anything added, edited, etc. Rick
Views: 312   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 19, 2013 7:23am
by Ricardo H. Colom...
sale
Hello, Before I start searching for a buyer of our Star Car I would like to know if anyone is interested online. 1923 4 -dr sedan. VG condition. No rust. Paint and interior restored. Includes 2 extra engines - Continental Fours. Additional extra parts. R Do...
Views: 252   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 16, 2013 2:17pm
by Mike Linthicum
'24 Spring Images
I finally was able to push out (literally) my '24 Star Roadster for some sunny images. Once I get the wiring figured out she'll be on the road. Thanks for all the help to get it this far! Jim Chochole [/URL] [/URL] [/URL] [/URL]
Views: 297   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 16, 2013 12:28pm
by Hal Vandevord
Shaken.... Not stirred!
Well... Finally finished converting my old top load paint shaker into a variable speed gas tank cleaner. I wasn't sure how good it was going to work, but once it was loaded with a tank I could slow it down to a snails crawl. It shakes back and forth as if I was do...
Views: 480   Replies: 9
Last Post: Apr 16, 2013 9:00am
by Dennis W. Nutter
DMAC East Coast Chapter Spring Meet, Corning, New York April 18th - April 21st 2013
Hello everyone; It looks like plans are almost made for the 2013 DMAC East Coast Chapter Spring meet. This year it will be in beautiful Corning, New York. Part of the Finger Lake region of New York, it is a great place to visit with lots to do. The dates will b...
Views: 923   Replies: 30
Last Post: Apr 15, 2013 3:09pm
by Mike Linthicum
Identify car?
Hi everyone: Last Tuesday I had a neighbor give me a call and ask if I could help him identify what he thought was a Durant with a early Chevy motor. Flints yes, Durants NO! I told him I would post some pics and we would see what happens. So... her...
Views: 413   Replies: 10
Last Post: Apr 15, 2013 5:43am
by Norm Toone
Billy Durant and the Selden Patent
While reading about Henry Ford's fight against the Selden Patent, I came across the following that may be of interest. "But Ford was in for a surprise that tested his tenacity and determination. The Selden patent case finally came to trial on May 28, 1909, before...
Views: 221   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 14, 2013 6:56pm
by Vince O'Brien
Front hubs inner wheel seal
I need to find a replacement or supplier of these felt seals. There must be some somewhere but I can't find any locally . Help !
Views: 246   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 14, 2013 6:57am
by Don Shilling
More fun vids to watch
Here we have pics from the ancient times as my brother and I learn the the craft of auto restoration
Views: 222   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 14, 2013 6:32am
by Dennis W. Nutter
Not a Durant
Its not a Durant subject,,but you might find this vid fun and interesting
Views: 256   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 11, 2013 9:11am
by Don Shilling
Fun Durant Pics
First time out in after a long wait Fixing stuff Got Paint Durant meets new freinds
Views: 278   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 10, 2013 7:49am
by Dennis W. Nutter
Valve cover
I have a problem. I would like to put an air filter on my car to keep the dirt out of the carb. I have seen pics of one but cant get it to fit on my car. Has anyone else got a filter on their car ? If so can you post pics so maybe I will be able to work somet...
Views: 291   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 10, 2013 4:20am
by Norm Toone
DORT 1923 FOR SALE
(Colorado Springs, Colorado) - This DORT was started by an old fella.. He began to fix it up..and bought all new materials..had it painted..GREEN & BLACK ..Wood spokes - running board. Looks beautiful..but needs finishing. I had a darn stroke..can't do it.. Is a beau...
Views: 282   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 9, 2013 7:39pm
by Eugene Pantano
g
Gerald
Online / picture - help with restoration
Hello! I am writing to see what sort of help might be out there to help me learn about my durant m2. It's a 1928, and slowly I have been trying to get the main issues with it resolved. It's in fairly good condition for it's age, but I am definitely not a cla...
Views: 398   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 9, 2013 12:28am
by Vince O'Brien
s
Shawn
Newly Acquired 1924 Star Speedster
A few weeks back I acquired a highly modified 1924 Star speedster. I've had a few cars and this one will be a lot of fun I think. The previous owner/builder did an amazing job on the modifications and I'm looking forward to contributing to the group. Some...
Views: 326   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 8, 2013 4:47pm
by Shawn
Photobucket Account
Anyone having problems beside me getting Images from their computer to their Photobucket file since Photobucket started their new "click and drag" foremat? For a while they had a place to click on to bring up the old foremat but that is not there anymore....Thanks
Views: 247   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 8, 2013 7:12am
by Bill Hoaglan
Views: 276   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 7, 2013 10:56pm
by Keith N
B-22 Tune up Information / Specifications
Hi All...... Anybody have a copy of the tune up specifications with timing information for the 6 cylinder B-22, Durant ?? Sure could use a copy. Thanks.....Frank ---
Views: 227   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 7, 2013 2:24pm
by Frank Witkowski
s
Shawn
Zenith Carb Identification - 1924 Star
I recently purchased a 1924 Star Speedster and the builder of the car - 2 owners back - did a number of customizations that I'm trying to figure out. I know its a Zenith carb - and I can read a 5 and a 4 on the dime sized tag on the top, but the rest appears illegibl...
Views: 258   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 7, 2013 11:03am
by Mike Rice
Need Help with '24 Star Wiring?!
I bought a nice '27 4-cylinder RI Wiring harness and have it all hooked up but nothing works as it should (no lights, no starter when battery connected) and I used the '27 schematic provided by RI wiring and a reprinted manual. BUT neither really match up with my '24...
Views: 246   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 7, 2013 6:59am
by Jim Chocole
Type of Oil in '24 Star?
What kinds of motor oil do most guys use in their '24 automobiles? Thanks, Jim
Views: 292   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 2, 2013 3:39pm
by Jim Chocole
W5 Rear Main Engine Seal
Has anyone used a replacement to the felt in the rear main seal for a W5? If so, what did you use? It's the last felt seal that I have to eliminate. Thanks Shane
Views: 1325   Replies: 8
Last Post: Apr 2, 2013 3:28am
by Shane Hoffmann
need parts and info
where can I find a picture diagram of a Continental 6 cylinder engine? I do have a parts list. I don't know it is called, but I need the aluminum 2 piece block for the back of the engine that holds the rear seal. Also, where is a good place to buy engine parts and...
Views: 482   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 1, 2013 2:17pm
by Rath Webster
Capacities- for '24 Roadster (oil, trans & differential)
Can anyone tell me how much engine oil a 1924 Model F 4-cylinder Star takes, and approximately how much 600 weight oil the trans and rear end take? Thanks, Jim
Views: 245   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 31, 2013 9:08am
by Jim Chocole
Rental cars
After surfing the websites have any of DMAC members seen in person the 1929 Durant and the 1927 Star that hireoldcars.com (CA) offers for rentals? Are the vehicles as sharp and authentic as they appear? Just curious.
Views: 219   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 29, 2013 8:32pm
by Charles A. Spitz...
Durant Partner
I would like to say I really enjoyed the article by Mike on how they judge and what the judges have to do to be judges.I also enjoyed the rest of the Partner as always well done.
Views: 263   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 29, 2013 1:26pm
by Mike Rice
Valve covers W5 Engine
I have a copy of a parts book I was looking through. In the engine section, on the valves, beside the valve chamber covers that bolt to the side of the motor, it lists a valve chamber cover baffle. I have never seen any of these. Does anyone have a photo of wh...
Views: 281   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 28, 2013 9:06pm
by Mike Rice
1927 Star
Hay you all. There is a nice unrestored 27 Star 4 cyl on eb.. Good solid car for someone .Is in the east.
Views: 806   Replies: 10
Last Post: Mar 26, 2013 4:15pm
by david manson
Fresh Partner
I reckon I've received my latest issue of the Durant Partner. I noticed it partially covered by a pile of fabric in Shirley's sewing room. She generally gets it from the mailbox and goes thru it before letting me know it has arrived.
Views: 258   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 26, 2013 5:40am
by Mike Linthicum
1926 owners manual
My dad has the original 1926 owners manual for the Star Car by Durant Motors. Anyone interested please contact me. Thanks
Views: 239   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 25, 2013 2:23pm
by WSB
To slide or not to slide, that is the question.
Since I've finished my wheels now, its on to the front axle. What is everyone's thoughts on what to put between the newly reconditioned springs? From what I can tell there are several choices other restorers have done before me. 1. Nothing between the individual s...
Views: 288   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 24, 2013 12:02pm
by Rick Botti
Pre-war swap meet at Chickasha, OK
We will be going to the swap meet this year and are wondering if anyone else may be going...We'll probably be hangin mostly at the south end of the south barn with the WOKR Willys/Overland gang...The swap meet starts this next Thursday and lasts until Sunday.
Views: 406   Replies: 10
Last Post: Mar 21, 2013 8:48pm
by Lance Chabot
Went on a Garage tour yesterday
Had the oppurtunity to go on a local garage tour yesterday put on by a local towns Historical Society. What a great day!. First stop was an individual who not only collected cars, but horse drawn buggies. Had over 30 of them from 1830 to about 1910. Unrestored origin...
Views: 237   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 17, 2013 7:47am
by Mike Rice
Current Production Ignition Parts
I've been doing some searching to no avail. I think this has been discussed here before, but I can find no reference. Namely, is there a current part number for the distributor cap, and rotor for the AutoLite IGB timer as used on the 1929 Durant D60? I've got a coupl...
Views: 400   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 16, 2013 4:25pm
by Don Shilling
Third Durant/Rugby meet in South America
Sunday April 7 will take place the third annual meet of Durant/Rugby owners in Argentina, Provincia de Buenos Aires, San Isidro. After the exciting second meet with 14 Durant cars and more than 100 perople we have great expectancies for the next one, that will be...
Views: 236   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 12, 2013 3:25pm
by Mike Linthicum
1928 for sale
Here is a posting on craigslist for a 1928 Model R2.65?? ---http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/3663766601.html --- The price seems high and looks like a lot of work to get it looking good and running,If anyone is interested. Don
Views: 815   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 10, 2013 5:50am
by Norm Toone
Procedural Question- starting the car
Kind of an odd question but as I get nearer to starting my '24 Star - once the whole vacuum system is installed and ready- to start it, do guys normally have to prime the vacuum tank first? Remove the gas line and squirt some gas down in there to get her going? Or...
Views: 340   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 8, 2013 8:28am
by Jim Chocole
j
Jay
Serial number
I've seen a few posts about trying to find the right serial number. I don't have the Body ID but I do have the engine ID. I'm told the car is a 1926 Star (Coach). I've posted a few pictures on here before and there's really not much of the car. The engine's tag says...
Views: 1288   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 7, 2013 7:28pm
by Eliot
Ignition switch information
I am currently restoring a 1921 Dort Touring car and I am setting up the ignition switch and I am a little lost. I was wondering if any one had any information on this switch because I have it apart right now and I have a pretty good idea of how it goes together but...
Views: 308   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 6, 2013 4:04pm
by Norman Oborne
!927 Star Touring Cowl.
Does anyone out there have an extra 1927 Star touring or roadster cowl ? I've got a 1927 Star Sedans front end and a 1927 Star complete frame, engine etc. and very back part of a 1927 touring body. Would love to have a Touring car. Do have a 1926 Touring cowl but th...
Views: 261   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 4, 2013 8:23pm
by Dave coppess
1928 Durant for sale
Hi folks: I just got a message regarding a good looking Durant for sale. Check it out: http://www.autabuy.com/Vehicles/Details.cfm?VID=752152&Year=1928&Make=&Model= Gord
Views: 300   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 2, 2013 12:39pm
by Gordon F. Curl
1923 Star touring 4 sale
1923 Star touring for in the For Sale and Wanted forum.
Views: 264   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 2, 2013 11:10am
by Robert Hill
Carburator diagram
Does anyone have an exploded diagram of a stromberg U 2 carb? I sure could use one so I can take this one apart and clean it up. I think it must be plugged with some kind of black dirt. Cant get my car to start . Local car club is having their annual easter para...
Views: 511   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 2, 2013 5:21am
by Norm Toone
jalopnik Rolls-Royce
Check out the Jalopnik website article on the 1930 Rolls-Royce with the Viper engine. Now read the reader response from ranwhenparked about Durant owners. Sounds like either Frank W or Ken McCormick? Tongue planted in cheek. Ross
Views: 301   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 2, 2013 4:07am
by Norm Toone
25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

The Durant Motors Automobile Club