Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
1923 A-22 Windshield Wiper
Does anyone have the name, design, picture, or other info on the correct windshield wiper for the '23 A-22? Better yet, does anyone have an extra, even a rough one? Help appreciated. -Todd
Views: 293   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 21, 2014 6:17am
by Todd E. Frye
b
Bill
Which Cap Is Correct?
On the 1927 Star sixes which cap is correct? The Star or the creature? I have both on the cars and my knowledge of Durant's is ZERO so I need help! Thanks! Bill
Views: 254   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 20, 2014 5:35pm
by Bill Kronsbein
14L Vibration dampner disks
I have removed the Vibration Dampner and its clutch disk disks from my 14L engine. Does anyone know if the disks should be installed with a little lubrication or dry. I suspect dry, but not sure. Rick
Views: 239   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 20, 2014 3:49pm
by Rick Botti
1933 Continental Ace on Ebay Motors
Hey everyone, there's a 1933 Continental Ace on Ebay Motors for sale at this time. Nice looking car!
Views: 392   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 19, 2014 5:05am
by Norm Toone
sending your car's info to club list
DEAR MEMBERS... I HAVE JUST SPENT PHONE TIME WITH STEVE LARGE....AND HE NEEDS YOUR HELP...ALL OF US !!!!!! STEVE IS CORRECTING AND UPDATING TERRY KULCHIKI'S LISTA OF CAR OWNERS AND CARS AND SERIAL NUMBERS FOR BOTH CAR VIN NUMBERS AND MOTOR NUMBERS WHEN AVAIL...
Views: 281   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 16, 2014 2:05pm
by Sreve Large
roofing trim
I need to find some roofing trim to fasten my roofing into the opening in the roof. I had some but when I removed it It broke up pretty badly. The lower portion is okay but the upper--which fits into the lower -is really in bad shape Anyone know what its calle...
Views: 240   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 11, 2014 7:17am
by Bill Hoaglan
Pacific Coast Chapter DMAC - Gold Rush Tour
Gold Rush Tour hosted by the Pacific Coast Chapter DMAC May 5th to 8th 2014 Mokelumne Hill places this tour in historic Calaveras County. We'll drive the Gold Country roads and visit mining towns surrounded by giant forests. Loads of fun driving the California...
Views: 376   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 9, 2014 6:37am
by Rick Botti
Billy Durant's Airplane ???
Hi All..... I was selling at a Tractor & gas engine show over the week end. Got to talking with a fellow who had some old Chevies and Olds cars. Of course the subject of Durants came up. He asked me if I knew about Billy Durant's airplane. I had not heard o...
Views: 659   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 8, 2014 7:00am
by ALEXANDER SANGER
1924 Star Model F question.
A man from Marysville, Wa called me this afternoon with a question on folding the top down on the touring model. This car is a complete car with only surface rust. He got the car with the top up with only one tear in the material. He sees a 1 by 2 wood piece that...
Views: 250   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 6, 2014 5:00pm
by Frank Witkowski
Long Lost Durant Dealership Found !!
Hi All..... It was a nice day in Pennsylvania today! 70 degrees and bright and sunny. Cathy and I decided to take a ride in her SSR with the top down. We headed over to Ohio and where just cruising along the back roads. We came upon an old small town, well o...
Views: 391   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 5, 2014 8:52pm
by gary kauffman
1930 Durant 617 Coupe For Sale
This ad is currenlyly on Craigs list. The car is listed as being in the San Francisco Bay Area, east bay. I have not contacted the seller. 1930 Durant 617 Coupe 3W (North State ) ------------------------------------------------------ Reply to: sale-98268867...
Views: 3040   Replies: 8
Last Post: Apr 5, 2014 12:05pm
by Norm Toone
Needed at the Museum
Hello Members! The Museum needs items of interest, photographs, magazines, radiator emblems, owner manuals, factory photographs etc on some of our associated cars. Check your collections, garages and filing cabinets for anything we could use to help educate the pub...
Views: 409   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 1, 2014 10:46am
by Durant Motors Au...
Roofing parts
I need the two part strips that go arund the roofing to hold and seal the roofing in the insert. Had them but taking the roof off kind of ruined them Anyone know where I can get some new ones>??? The little beast is going back together again -Hopefully for the...
Views: 235   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 31, 2014 7:05pm
by K McCormick
Factory higher performance in 1929
After a couple of recent discussions about my rebuilding the engine in the roadster, I thought I'd share some info on the 14L engine, or more precisely the head. The 14L engine has 43 horsepower with the14L head and 47 to 50 with a 15L head (depends on what broch...
Views: 988   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 31, 2014 2:15pm
by Steve Large
Fuel pump float
Hello everyone; A neighbor and new club member Gary is trying to get his Star cabrolet running. His latest problem, the Stewart Warner vacume fuel pump float has several holes and won't allow the fuel to stop pumping. The result is that the car is f...
Views: 278   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 31, 2014 6:29am
by S. Blomquist
Cleaning surface Rust and grease.
I was asked how I removed the rust from all the moving parts under my vehicle during restoration. It is quite simple. We found an old Bath or tub, half filled it with a mixture of Molasses and water, placed the removed parts into the mixture for six weeks. We checke...
Views: 227   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 30, 2014 11:48am
by Bill Kronsbein
Rugby
I have just completed a four year restoration program of my Fathers 1924 Durant Rugby Touring.We met all our goals in the restoration, and finished with a beautiful vehicle. It was a exciting journey as every day and every piece of the car that was worked on brought...
Views: 201   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 28, 2014 5:02am
by Mike Linthicum
m
marc
any idea on how many?
Does anyone knows how many Star R Six are out there in working order?
Views: 337   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 25, 2014 4:22pm
by Steve Large
Kansas Durants
I was asked by someone today if there were any other Durants than mine in Kansas, and I did not know the answer. I would suppose there are, but I know of none specifically. I know of a couple Stars, etc., but no Durants. Can anyone tell me if there are any other D...
Views: 257   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 25, 2014 5:52am
by Todd Frye
r
Ross
ebay ad
Folks-Interesting ad on ebay in the "other makes" section of c0llector cars for sale. Might go unnoticed because it says 1927 Essex with Durant wire wheels. It is an Essex body sitting on what looks like pretty complete running gear for a Durant 6-14 6 wire wheel car...
Views: 286   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 22, 2014 8:22pm
by Ross
Tire sizes
I have checked all my literature and the archives and cannot find any mention of the tire sizes on 1926 Stars. I am presently restoring this vehicle and will have to replace the tires. The tires on the vehicle (being restored to a panel van) now are 450/475/500...
Views: 330   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 20, 2014 10:59am
by Norm Toone
Hemmings Classic Cars and The DMAC !
Hi All.... Check out the latest issue and read the review of the DMAC Museum. Nice coverage and a color picture of the museum home page. Thanks to all who have contributed items and money towards this effort. We are starting to get recognized. Mike Lin...
Views: 226   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 18, 2014 12:07pm
by Durant Motors Au...
1931 DeVaux at Auction
Hi All.... In the latest Old Cars Weekly there is an ad for an upcoming auction. It is the Jordon Collection in Enid Oklahoma. VanDerBrink Auctions. Picture is of a 4 door sedan missing headlights and rear door as well as rear wheels. Auction is June 7th...
Views: 325   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 17, 2014 5:23pm
by Steve Large
1928 durant deluxe coupe
My uncle recently passed away leaving behind his project. It is nearly complete back to original. All the papers point to it being a 1928 durant deluxe coupe and the first off the line, perhaps the only one from 1928. However research shows the deluxe coupe not comi...
Views: 314   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 17, 2014 10:39am
by Joe brown
taking a pole for demand of spark and throttle control levers
how many would be interested in a pair of spark and throttle control levers for the star if reproduced. could be $100.00 plus shipping.trying to seeing how much interest and how many should be made to cover demand with some extras.
Views: 314   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 15, 2014 8:01am
by Mike Rice
Early A-22 Durant touring parts for Sale
Hi All..... Got a lead and some pictures of an early A-22 Durant touring for sale near Salt Lake City. Its all apart, some body parts and mechanical. Could be some usable parts for a member. Most of the running gear is there, body tub but I don't see any do...
Views: 538   Replies: 11
Last Post: Mar 13, 2014 4:13pm
by Bill Hoaglan
Help: clutch throwout bearing part number
Does anyone know the part number for the throwout bearing for a 1930 614 with the 6 cylinder engine/trans? The bearing in there now is not the right bearing since the cast flange on the back is much narrower than the clutch fork (I think it might be a bearing fo...
Views: 304   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 11, 2014 9:10am
by Ross Hoevet
1927 Locomobile
Hi, First thing is that I have had no experience with Locomobile and know very little about them. I do have a couple of questions that I hope someone on this forum can help me with. There is a negative for sale on eBay of a 1927 Locomobile club sedan. You can...
Views: 297   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 10, 2014 1:13am
by Steve Pugh
The Old Partsman
Looking at a 1992 Pardner (Standard at that time) and the Old Partsman was from Marquette, Michigan. Anyone remember his name ? No membership listing since 2011 shows anyone from Marquette. I'm from that area and still have friends there and just was wondereing if th...
Views: 347   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 10, 2014 1:02am
by Wayne Farrand
Body work
I am getting kind of discouraged. Been trying to line up the body work on this beast for a long time and am not gaining on it atall. Does anyone know how to shim up the body sills so everything lines up and looks good?Sills look good--level and straight--but when...
Views: 528   Replies: 13
Last Post: Mar 7, 2014 3:26am
by Norm Toone
Updates
Upated the Events page, both east and west coast meet information is up-to-date. Added pictures of Jim McGettigan's 1925 Speedster to the Star photgraph page. Added pictures of Jim Pardubsky's 1929 Model 60 Sedan tothe Durant photgraph page. Rick
Views: 234   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 6, 2014 7:42pm
by Rick Botti
Serial Number
It seems like I have been here before. I am trying again to get my car registered so I can license it and have ownwership papers for it. Each time the people involved say I need a serial number- etc. I am sure the only number I have found is a model number . What...
Views: 272   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 1, 2014 9:23am
by Norm Toone
w
wes
1927 star doodlebug tractor
1927 star doodlebug tractor beginning restoration. I am in need of a grill shell, emblem, 1 piston, 2 exhaust valves, and 2 intake valves. Has a 1923 fordson front axle, hubs and TT worm drive differential.
Views: 970   Replies: 16
Last Post: Feb 27, 2014 6:53am
by wes
Taxi Cab Request
Does anyone know if Durants/Star automobile where every used as taxicabs in any US city and if so does anyone have photos or some proof, really important for a donation to the United State Taxi Museum.
Views: 262   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 24, 2014 12:15pm
by Norm Toone
William Durant and Henry Ford
I just read a great book on Henry Ford's battle with the ALAM over the Selden Patent. (ALAM was the licensing group that tried to use the patent as a way to create a trust to dominate the auto industry.) The book mentioned that Durant initially joined ALAM, dropped...
Views: 227   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 23, 2014 5:42am
by Mike Linthicum
Starter Motor Pinion gear
Hello all, I am overhauling a spare starter motor for my '26 Mod.R Rugby tourer. I note however that it has a 10 tooth pinion, whereas the one currently on the car (which was also overhauled by me many many years ago) has an 11 tooth pinion. This is the first time...
Views: 315   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 16, 2014 8:25pm
by Rick McDonough
Rick's Birthday!
It appears and I do believe that today is the birthday of our fantastic Web Master and Past President Mr. Botti! I may not be the first, but wish to be one of the Durantonians to wish you a very happy happy birthday! May you have many many more! Your a great asset to...
Views: 274   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 10, 2014 6:02pm
by Keith N
rebuilding woodwork
I have been busy the last month or so rebuilding my car. I would be gratefull to get any tips I can on how to fit all the woodwork together and make it all come out even and line up nicely. I have managed to get the passenger side pretty good -but I am fighing to...
Views: 263   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 8, 2014 11:08am
by Don Shilling
Added Pictures of San Diego meet
To Past Events page and added button on buttom left. Rick
Views: 342   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 6, 2014 6:42am
by Mike Linthicum
Igntion Problem
I need some feedback on a recent problem with my ignition system. The Durant was running perfectly after I did some carb and timing adjustments Then as I am pulling into the garage,,she quits! Then wouldn't start again, not even a chug. So I I check the all the...
Views: 363   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 4, 2014 9:16pm
by Keith N
Racing Rust
Hi Guys, Thanks for all the input on valve springs and timing chains. Undoubtablely you will be hearing more from me. My daughters gave me this web site for Father's Day. www.racingrust.com This web will give you an idea of my project. It is my first restor...
Views: 1043   Replies: 25
Last Post: Feb 2, 2014 11:21am
by Don Palla
Time flies
Dear DMAC, We finally got my Racingrust.com website updated and operating again. It' been 5 1/2 years since Rick added it to the links page. Time really flies! This project has been a ball the entire way. All of the research, the designing,the mechanical,the fabri...
Views: 246   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 1, 2014 11:35am
by Robert N Heath
When did the rumble seat appear
I am curious...when did the first rumble seat appear? (for us and others)?? I know the first Dodge brothers car to have a rumble seat was 1927! Ford, did it first appear with the Model A?? I'm thinking Durant Motors offered a rumble seat with both the Flint...
Views: 516   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 31, 2014 3:25am
by Norm Toone
Rumble Seat Measurements/Photos
Merry Christmas everyone! Could a kind soul provide me with the rumble seat and hardware photos? Maybe some measurements of the springs and frames? Front seat info is also needed. Please not right away! This is the time for family and friends! BUT if you get bore...
Views: 340   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 30, 2014 4:17pm
by Bill Kronsbein
1926 Star
I am looking to sale my 1926 Star . I have the history of the car back to 1950 . It has been in the family since 42 .I do not know what it is worth . I need some help
Views: 283   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 21, 2014 10:58pm
by terry mcdonald
Super Bowl Pepsi Commercial
This is a link to the 2014 Pepsi commercial for the Super Bowl. There is a vintage car in the background and you need to slow down or stop the video to get even a reasonable view. Can anyone identify the car? http://www.superbowl-commercials.org/31969.html
Views: 340   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 21, 2014 2:34am
by Norm Toone
Daily Touring Miles
Hello all. I am new to Durant and antique vehicles, but have spent years working on 40s through 70s cars and trucks. I am going on a local tour in my newly acquired A-22 in early May here in northeast Kansas. I am interested in some opinions/tips. I will be dri...
Views: 501   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 20, 2014 9:07pm
by Vince OBrien
1928 Durant Needed for Concours in Michigan
Hi All...... I got the following request for a 1928 Durant product for this event. It is in the Detroit area and by invitation only. If you are interested contact me for further information.... The show is on Fathers Day, Sunday June 15th. The show is very...
Views: 290   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 19, 2014 7:58am
by Frank Witkowski
Book by Don Marsh
I am looking for a book by Don Marsh -Tips on auto body woodworking . I was sure I had one but -like a lot of other stuff I own its gone missing. Does anyone have a copy they could print pages from to send me till I find mine// Sure could use it now-...
Views: 436   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 16, 2014 8:41am
by Ken
Body side moulding
I need a supplier for some aluminum body side oval moulding 3/4 wide by 1/4 thick. What did you use for replacing the moulding? Thanks.
Views: 237   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 14, 2014 4:57pm
by Durant Motors Au...
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

The Durant Motors Automobile Club