Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
flint on ebay
Was looking for information on the flint that is on ebay ??? any good ? value ??
Views: 232   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 24, 2014 8:02am
by Mike Linthicum
It's alive
Today was a good day. Before today I had a devil of a time getting the engine in the car to start. It could take me all day with a can of quick start to get it going. So I took the carburetor off and rebuilt it, fixed the choke wire which hasn't been attached well...
Views: 221   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 22, 2014 4:01pm
by Gerald F
Vacuum Tank question
I was wondering if anyone knows exactly what make and model of Vacuum tank this is. I can't find any info on it. It's off the 1928 durant m2, but this durant has a lot of 29 parts. The brackets holding it are Stewart Warner.
Views: 287   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 21, 2014 9:50am
by Ricardo H.Colomb...
Identification of star cars in old photos
I have several old photos of old cars that my family owned and I'm looking for help identifying what they are - my dad is 86 and thought one or more of them were "Star Cars" - and I was wondering if there was someone I could send the couple pictures (1 or 2) to get h...
Views: 268   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 20, 2014 6:24pm
by Charles A. Spitz...
Look who won the Billy Durant Award!
Bert & Sonia Babick were this year's winners of the Billy Durant award. Rick
Views: 407   Replies: 8
Last Post: Oct 16, 2014 7:51pm
by Don Palla
j
Jon
Dort Leftovers
I bought this old gem several years ago just to save it from scrap, and thought it would be perfect for my first prewar restoration. After learning more about Dorts, I discovered that I'll never find the parts needed to do anything with it, so I might as well find so...
Views: 369   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 15, 2014 7:27pm
by cdmn
1928 Durant Radiator needed
I was wondering if there were any radiators out there for a 1928 Durant floating around out there in good condition.
Views: 1513   Replies: 22
Last Post: Oct 15, 2014 6:51pm
by Gerald F
Crankshaft Pulley
The crankshaft pulley on the A-22 engine I have at my local machine shop was at some point 'worked on'. The pulley wheel itself (or a replacement) was bronzed onto the center tube that the crank actually goes into. The rebuilder has my engine completely torn down e...
Views: 332   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 15, 2014 8:55am
by Bill Hoaglan
Central Chapter Of The DMAC ?
Hi All.... At the annual meeting in North Carolina the suggestion was made to form a "Central Chapter" of the Club. This would be perfect timing since the 2015 Annual Meeting is in Minnesota. We have been well represented on the West and East Coast as well a...
Views: 326   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 8, 2014 8:59pm
by Charles A. Spitz...
2015 DMAC Elections
Hi All.... 2015 is an election year for the DMAC. The election committee is composed of the past president, Rick Botti and 2 other members appointed by the current president. I have asked AnnJean DeVries and Yates Milton to join Rick, and they have agreed....
Views: 241   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 8, 2014 12:23pm
by Frank Witkowski
2015 International Durant Meet, Minnesota
We have the contract signed with Marriott. They created a special link to book the hotel online. Checking Sept 9, 2015 and checkout is Sept 13, 2015 $95 http://www.marriott.com/meeting-event-hotels/group-corporate-travel/groupCorp.mi?resLinkData=Durant%20Mot...
Views: 225   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 8, 2014 12:21pm
by Adam Ford
Unknown Part of Engine
I apologize if this is a ridiculous question, but what is the device below the carburetor on my A-22 engine? It is spun via the generator shaft, but I am not really sure what it is? A governor of some sort?
Views: 280   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 8, 2014 11:58am
by Bill Hoaglan
Touring roof - Question
Good-day to all. I am finally getting the roof put on my car. I have found folding irons, saddles, back window and gotten new ribs made. All is in place other than the fabric. I have done my best to find pictures of our requirements on the net. I have found some,...
Views: 262   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 6, 2014 2:42pm
by Bill Hoaglan
Radiator Cap and Moto-Meter
I just bought a 1926 Star Four Coupe, looking for a radiator cap with a moto-meter an it, Anyone have a source or a spare, Please let me know. Thank you for your time. Regards, Kerry
Views: 930   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 6, 2014 6:28am
by Ray Acker
Marvel Schebler Carburetor
Hi all. I have been working on the car most of the summer trying to get it up to regular running condition. I had it started last year for short periods. There was no radiator so I couldn't keep it running. The radiator was replaced this year and is hooked u...
Views: 535   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 5, 2014 3:34am
by Norm Toone
A-22 Rear Generator / Distributor Mounting Housing
Hello all A-22 owners. I have been in conversation with the helpful Franz Fraitzl about getting some of the plates that cover the rear of the distributor into which the distributor mounts manufactured. Here are some pictures of my broken plate. For...
Views: 303   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 4, 2014 7:55pm
by Todd E Frye
Anyone know what happen to Philip Tramel ?
Philip Tramel was a member of the DMAC until somewhere around 2009. He lived in Modesto, California and owned a 1931 Durant Model 619. I'm updating the website and list of 619 owners and would like to speak to him. Anyone out there know how I can contact him?...
Views: 199   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 4, 2014 12:01pm
by Rick Botti
First Pictures from North Carolina DMAC Meet
Charlie Spitz has sent in the first pictures from the DMAC meet in North Carolina. Rick
Views: 345   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 29, 2014 8:56pm
by Frank Witkowski
Joint Durant Vintage Chevy Tour
I iust uploaded pictures from last month's Joint Durant - Vintage Chevy Club tour. The Pacific Coast Chapter DMAC was joined by the Greater South Bay Region VCCA for a one day tour. The group visted a restored Durant Star dealership, a real 1950's diner and winery wh...
Views: 227   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 29, 2014 1:27pm
by Yates Milton
We welcome new and Old DMAC enthusiasts to HERSHEY PA!
We welcome anyone who is interested in Durants, Stars, Locomobiles, Dort, Rugby, DeVaux, Flint, To come and meet us at our spots in the CHOCOLATE FIELD SOUTH CG 5-6-7 Lets talk! We will have a few samples of our bi monthly color magazine… and you can join i...
Views: 226   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 29, 2014 1:06pm
by Yates Milton
g
gary k
change of plans
Dear friends, I have unfortunately had a change of plans and will not make the N>C> show this week. If I was bringing something you want/need...email me a phone number and we can make some new arrangements. some minor but painful injuries have befallen me...but ev...
Views: 305   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 25, 2014 11:05am
by Don Shilling
Part Numbers
I have a parts book for my A–22, but does anyone have some sort of cross reference to Autolite or other numbers? Specifically, I am at the moment looking for a part number for my A22 distributor. I am betting it is Autolite, but there is not tag on mine.
Views: 225   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 23, 2014 12:33pm
by Todd E. Frye
2014 Annual Meeting Salisbury North Carolina September 24-28
Hi All... Some updates with more costs and registration to follow: Hotel: Hotel Salisbury and Convention Center www.hotelsalisburync.com I will have special rates and registration codes soon. Over 12 acres of parking so bring that car an...
Views: 1848   Replies: 65
Last Post: Sep 23, 2014 4:00am
by Mike Linthicum
Website Updates
Website updates, Added Differential Rebuild article by Steven Blomquist to Tech Page under Modern Improvements. Added 1928 Continental Engine Manual donated by Phil Peters to Tech Page under Manuals. Added pictures of a beautiful 1923 Durant Touring Car owne...
Views: 280   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 14, 2014 6:34pm
by Phil Peters
c
Chris
Continental 7R Starter
Hi, I would like to find a starter for a Continental 7R engine. The trouble is I don't know which brand or model or part number to look for. Does anyone have one or can you tell me the info I need to search for one? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Chris
Views: 238   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 13, 2014 10:47am
by Chris
Durant/Star Clutches
I am in the process of rebuilding my clutch and was wondering if anybody has the specifications on the pressure plate springs(rate and free length) as well as the recess depth of the flywheel and initial pressure plate release finger settings? My understanding is tha...
Views: 266   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 12, 2014 3:43pm
by Phil Peters
Durant Publications
Looking for information on the various Durant publications. 1. The Durant Standard which started in 1922. When did that publication end and how many issues were there? 2. The Durant Family Registry (the registry) I have from Volume #1 number #1 to volume #3 nu...
Views: 317   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 12, 2014 6:43am
by Mike Linthicum
1924 Star
My grandma is looking to sell a 1924 Durant Star. What would be her price range?
Views: 352   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 10, 2014 5:00pm
by John
2014 Durant Calendar
Hello fellow Durantonians I would like to make you aware that there is a Durant Calendar available for 2014. 12 pages of Club Members Cars. $22.00 ( shipping $3.60-US $6.20-Can $14.90-Elseware ) Calendars can be obtained by sending payment to;...
Views: 431   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 10, 2014 4:14pm
by Christa
Stuck engine
This car ran about 15 years ago. When I bought it 4 years ago I soaked the pistons with brake fluid & diesel fuel and the engine turned over easily. Now, after setting for 4 years it is seized up. Does anyone have any suggestion on what I should try to free it up wi...
Views: 195   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 9, 2014 7:29pm
by Larry Harp
Durant Porcelain Sales and Service Sign
Anyone know what the story might be on this sign? Looks like it was made in England. eBay item number 201157690101
Views: 328   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 8, 2014 1:22pm
by Norm Toone
Durant's Locomobile
I case you didn't see it. Cliff Durant(Billy's son) Locomobile is on ebay right now in the "other makes" section. Bidding starts at $300,000.00 The perfect top car in any true Durant enthusiast's collection. Frank? Don?
Views: 422   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 5, 2014 10:17am
by Frank Witkowski
s
Shane
Speedometer Decals
The numbers on the only speedo I have are pretty poor. Does anyone know if the decals that the Model A vendors sell for the Stewart Warner speedo's will fit correctly? Thanks
Views: 231   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 2, 2014 3:53am
by Shane
Interior Roof
The interior roof fabric on my 1929 Durant Model 666 is sagging. It is original and very very fragile. Any suggestions on how to reattach it to the top or other ways to de-sag it?
Views: 248   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 29, 2014 6:35pm
by Don Shilling
r
Ross
DeVaux at auction
Did anyone go to the Enid, OK on Saturday and pickup that DeVaux sedan?
Views: 310   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 28, 2014 5:12pm
by Gary Yelle
Recent Earthquake. All you Durantonians in California OK?
Hello California Durantonians I hope all of you out there in the Bay area are OK, Rick, Bert & Sonia and everyone else. I saw on the news that the epicenter was around American Canyon which I know is where Bert & Sonia hail from. Hope all of you are OK!
Views: 255   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 26, 2014 4:36pm
by Bert & Sonia Ba...
Durant "D" Gas Cap
Opinion needed: Durant "D" gas cap, was it originally painted silver or black or what? Anybody have an idea?
Views: 376   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 26, 2014 2:16pm
by Mike Linthicum
radiator shell emblem removal
Can anyone enlighten me as to the best way to remove the Durant logo/emblem from my grill shell without damaging it? I am looking at having it nickel plated and doubt they can do it with the crest in place. Tips are appreciated. Thanks.
Views: 255   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 25, 2014 6:12pm
by Todd E Frye
Durant - Vintage Chevy Joint Tour
On Saturday August 23rd, the Pacific Coast Chapter DMAC and the Vintage Chevy Club GSBR will conduct a historic tour combining both clubs. The tour will bring the group from Fremont to the Sunol train station via Niles Canyon Road and on to the former Durant/Sta...
Views: 288   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 25, 2014 7:59am
by Rick Botti
Unknown clamps
Hello! I aquired a pile of Locomobile parts and these clamps were in it, can someone identify what parts these are? Thank you! https://www.dropbox.com/s/3w7f4dhd8wtamp3/clamps.jpg
Views: 322   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 20, 2014 3:13pm
by Antti Lappalaine...
Ray Keto Passes
Just learned that long time Durant enthusiast Jorma Ray Keto passed away in March. He was a contributor to all three Durant clubs. One item he contributed to the DFR was a signed copy of the book "My Father" by Marjorie Durant. I visited Ray back when we were tryi...
Views: 596   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 15, 2014 7:03pm
by Hilkka Brucksch
Loosen a Frozen Nut
Machinist Workshop Magazine tested the break out torque on rusted bolts. No penetrant used required---516 lbs " #1 238 lbs...
Views: 254   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 15, 2014 11:07am
by Frank Witkowski
Pictures of your cars
I've just looked over the photographs section of this website to the left and notice that it's been a long time since there has been some new pictures posted. We've had many new members join with cars we either haven't seen or seen in a long long time. We all like lo...
Views: 238   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 13, 2014 6:18am
by Mike Linthicum
1921 Durant Ford Sale
1921 Blue Durant 4 door Touring vehicle. Wooden spoke rims and trunk. Newly refurbished in 2000, hardly driven. 39,229 miles. Model A-22 Car No. 523. Extra parts available. - See more at: http://www.classifiedads.com/classic_cars_antiques-ad125921560.htm#sthash.t2vAr...
Views: 227   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 12, 2014 5:46pm
by Donna Willis
Importing from Canada
Hello all. I am looking to import an original A-22 engine and possibly a partial chassis from Canada (to bring my A-22 back to a more original condition). I am trying to get all my paperwork in order before going after it with a trailer this summer. I would greatl...
Views: 727   Replies: 25
Last Post: Aug 10, 2014 3:08pm
by Don Atkinson
North Carolina Meet
Do we have the starting and ending dates for the 2014 North Carolina meet? Trying to plan and extended time frame to visit friends and need to set air plane schedule and tour dates.
Views: 726   Replies: 11
Last Post: Aug 9, 2014 8:53pm
by gary k
1921 Durant Touring car for Sale
My Dad has a 1921 Durant Touring car in great condition with 39,229 miles on it. The vehicle was reconditioned in 2000. Also looking to find out how many of these were manufactured. Model A-22 Car No. N523 Blue 4 door with new canvas top.
Views: 244   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 7, 2014 8:03am
by Steve Large
Star bumper guard/emblem???
I recently acquired what appears to be a cast steel bumper guard/emblem. It is roughly 4 inches wide by 10 inches tall by 1/2 inch thick and has five holes in the top (one is a 5-point star-shaped hole that is about 1-1/2 inches tall). It also has three bolt holes in...
Views: 443   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 5, 2014 8:49am
by Steve Large
road trip
Hello everyone, Starting a trip tomorrow in my 1926 Durant Woody Star Huckster.Leaving Daytona Beach, Florida to Middletown, New Jersey. Awhile back an axle snaped and had to be welded. So I am a little nervous about that. Is there anyone out there that has a rear o...
Views: 253   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 3, 2014 5:30am
by Mike Linthicum
Logo
Does anyone have a digital image of the Round star logo similar to the one shown in the photo section of Bert Babick's 1922 Star Touring. I would like to have a 14 inch diameter decal made and use it on the side of my delivery van/service truck restoration.
Views: 244   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 2, 2014 12:34pm
by Ken McCormick
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

The Durant Motors Automobile Club