Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
m
Matt
1929 Durant 60 Roadster For Sale
Hello- I have a 1929 Durant 60 Deluxe Roadster for sale. I have recently had a few very fair offers for this car but the interested parties would hack it up and turn it into a hot rod. I would hate to see this happen to this car as there aren't many left so I figu...
Views: 4386   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 28, 2015 2:48pm
by eugen guna
Durant Limo
I was thinking of the "medical" benefits of Merlot last night when talking about our Eastern Washington wineries. This made me remember the 1930 Durant Limo that is in Walla Walla. I first saw it about 4 years ago when the owner first drove it out of his shop. Lan...
Views: 239   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 27, 2015 4:21am
by Norm Toone
Looking for info on 1917 Dort Touring
A friend owns a 1917 Dort Touring and I am trying to help him determine the value of it. The car has been in a barn for several years and it is very dirty but body is complete. Interior needs some minor restoration but overall it is in good shape. Car was last dr...
Views: 197   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 25, 2015 1:08pm
by Steve Joyce
Annual Durant Enthusiasts meet, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Hi folks: NOW is the time to register for the 'TWENTIETH ANNUAL DURANT MEET" to be held in Guelph, Ontario June 28 to July 1. Come and join us, camping is FREE in Ed Pringlemeir's back yard. WHAT A BARGAIN!!!! We have a couple of interesting tours lined up and t...
Views: 186   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 23, 2015 3:37am
by henrih2@yahoo.ca
267 Pictures from the West Coast Spring Fling added
I've added 267 Pictures from the West Coast Spring Fling to the Past Events page in the Photographs section. Enjoy Rick http://www.dmacweb.com/events/PCC2015/index.html
Views: 183   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 22, 2015 10:04pm
by Gary Yelle
Outstanding Flint Depot Hack
There is a really nice Flint Depot Hack on Ebay # 141658592734. Has it ever been displayed at any of our events? This must be a rare build or did Flint ever build such a vehicle? At any rate, it would go perfectly with Ed Vomero's stable of beauties!
Views: 335   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 22, 2015 5:23am
by Norm Toone
DeVaux's found!
First I have to thank Dave Schulte and Bob Smith for finding a DeVaux for sale in Staunton, Ill. This is at Country Classic Cars. I called them and they gave me all three identification numbers that I need. I went to my Registry and I found the match. Last contact...
Views: 352   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 20, 2015 4:51am
by Norm Toone
What car projects are you working on this Summer.
Hey everybody, with Spring here and going and Summer starting, what projects have you been working on on your cars. For me it's getting the rear end off to the blaster for refinishing, sending off my manifold to JetHot for coating and working on my engine. Besides li...
Views: 233   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 18, 2015 8:09am
by Rick Botti
1926 Star outside door handle
Anyone know where we might find a 1926 Star outside door handle, needed for Dick Krause's service truck, I broke the old one getting out the passenge door Thank You
Views: 285   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 17, 2015 6:52pm
by Vincent O'Brien
Help removing Tube for oil level gauge
Hello all. For the past little bit we have been replacing the gaskets on the engine chain case oil pan etc. I have the oil pan off at the moment, and am trying to figure out how the tube that the oil level gauge (on the side of the engine) comes off. It's pretty s...
Views: 206   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 17, 2015 4:45pm
by Don Shilling
1926 flint
Posted on eBay # 141658592734 1926 Flint Jr. Depot Hack, Model Z, Car #1860, Length 172"
Views: 278   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 8, 2015 9:35am
by Yates Milton
Views: 257   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 7, 2015 7:18am
by Yates Milton
East Coast Chapter Spring Meet
Now that the holidays are behind us we need to start thinking about the DMAC East Coast Chapter Spring Meet usually held late April, early May. I know it's hard to think about this when most of you are having snow and freezing weather, but before you know it Spring w...
Views: 1169   Replies: 41
Last Post: May 4, 2015 7:33am
by Charles Spitz
Pacific Coast Chapter Spring Meet
PACIFIC COAST CHAPTER DMAC SPRING FLING 2015 MAY 4-8 FORT BRAGG, California PROPOSED AGENDA: Visit Mendocino, Fort Bragg Point Cabrillo Light Station Botanical Gardens Ride Skunk Train More Details on the Ev...
Views: 264   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 29, 2015 4:28pm
by Rick Botti
Need a set of piston rings
Hi everyone. I'm an antique car enthusiast and I'm trying to help out a friend who owns a 1929 Durant D66 Deluxe but does not speak english. His car has a Continental 15L 6 cylinder engine. He is in desperate need of a set of piston rings. He can also use some ot...
Views: 307   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 28, 2015 11:23pm
by Roy Contarino
Carol & The Partner Winners Again !!!
Hi All..... Old Cars Weekly has announced the "Golden Quill" winners. The latest issue lists all the winning publications. Our Partner has won again! A nice touch is the photograph that they used to illustrate the article. A picture of the Partner cover is f...
Views: 227   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 28, 2015 7:45pm
by Rick Botti
Last call for candidates!!
DMAC Election Last call for candidates!! Remember that this election will have no incumbents so all positions are open. Make our club stronger by volunteering to run to an office. No prior experience required. Question? Contact he Election team at:...
Views: 186   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 28, 2015 7:41pm
by Rick Botti
1926 Star R front leaf spring help needed
The weather has finally gotten better here and I've stopped having a fever every day (would you believe for almost three months!) from some unknown illness or virus the doctors could never diagnose. I guess that is why that call it a medical practice. I went out and...
Views: 198   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 28, 2015 6:09pm
by Gene House
DMAC Elections - Please Read
DMAC Election Times flies by so very quickly, it's hard to believe that three years have passed since the last DMAC election. The 2015 election will have no incumbents so all positions are wide open. The election team invites all members to help make our club...
Views: 452   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 28, 2015 1:03pm
by Roy Contarino
Head Gasket for 22-23 Durant B22
I was contacted by a person on the AACA forum web site with the below information. If interested let me know and I'll get his number and email so the connection can be made. I have a copper head gasket for "Ansted Motor 6 cyl model CD, 1922-23 Durant B22 6 cyl."...
Views: 306   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 28, 2015 9:58am
by Atif
b
Brent
1931 DeVaux Model 75 (6-75?)
Howdy everyone, I JUST found and bought a 1931 DeVaux Model 75 Four Door Sedan the other day (still doing more research). This vehicle has been sitting in a back yard for 30+ years, and they could not move it out because they built a garage in front of it (weird). Bu...
Views: 230   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 25, 2015 8:37pm
by Vincent O'Brien
De Vaux totals
Just mulling over so many inconsistencies on De Vaux info which is no different to the rest of the Durant Empire. Norman De Vaux, president and general manager of the Durant Motor Co, of California, late in 1930 announced his purchase of the West Coast Durant a...
Views: 600   Replies: 17
Last Post: Apr 23, 2015 7:28pm
by Gary Yelle
shaft and pulley needed for W5 engine
It's not an emergency... but the previous people who had this car had spot welded the pulley to the shift. It's quote worn out. While we could get it back on likely. .. it would be nice to have clean pieces to work with. also there are no real marks for the timi...
Views: 200   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 22, 2015 1:54pm
by Gerald Feather
Free W5 Engine
Free W5 engine #545142 and manifold but no Gen. or starter. Wakeman, Ohio. near intersection of Rt. 60 and Rt. 20. Call 440-839-5595. Fritz Kuenzel.
Views: 342   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 22, 2015 1:48pm
by Gerald Feather
Passing of member Mike Larson
It is sad note that I pass to you all this morning that I just heard that long time Durant family member Mike Larson of Vancouver, Washington has passed away. Mike and Rosalie had been a common fixture at many a Durant meet on both the West Coast and National meets a...
Views: 591   Replies: 21
Last Post: Apr 21, 2015 8:48pm
by Keith N
housing at the end of generator for the distributer
The housing I have ,GJ 313, may be off an earlier car but best I've got. It has several cracks but still seems solid. I would like to replace it if anyone has any spares? Also I'd like to find a touring/roadster cowl with the front doors to build a second car from....
Views: 201   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 20, 2015 6:05am
by Todd E Frye
Got the Durant PARTNER today
Carol you made my day. I was so happy to see the Partner today that I felt it really was spring. It contains a great arrangement of varied articles from around the Durantonian world. I like to see technical articles as well as pictures and stories from club members...
Views: 266   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 16, 2015 6:20am
by Frank Witkowski
Looking for Dennis McBride
Hi All, I am looking for an e-mail address or telephone number of Dennis McBride. He has a photograph in the gallery section of his 1928 M2 Sedan. Unfortunately he is not in the roster section. If anyone could help me I would appreciate it. Thanks, Neil...
Views: 211   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 10, 2015 1:34pm
by Norm Toone
Sept 2015 Annual Meet
A few people asked me, so I thought I'd mention that the banquet will be on board a river boat cruising up and down the St. Croix river which borders MN and Wisconsin. It is one of the tributaries to the Mississippi, and it's a beautiful, scenic view. Rick has pu...
Views: 190   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 8, 2015 8:45am
by Mike Linthicum
Events
Updated Events Page. Many Events going on this year. Rick
Views: 194   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 5, 2015 6:11pm
by Rick Botti
Star Truck W5 Motor
My friend told me of an old Star truck in the woods nearby. We went out to look at it today. Not much left of it but the engine plate gave us a clue. It says Star W5 481128 Made for Durant Motors Leaside, Ontario Question. Based on the engine serial number, do...
Views: 257   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 2, 2015 4:54pm
by Neil Martin
chain case pulley help.
Hi everyone. It's been a while since I posted. I have an oil leak from the seal between the chain case and the engine block. We were trying to get an idea of how it comes off before getting into it. We couldn't see a bolt or anything holding the pulley on... d...
Views: 215   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 31, 2015 10:55am
by Gerald Feather
Source for Star Carburetors
My Star came with a Tillotson MV 1A carburetor. It's made out of "Red Brass" which doesn't disintegrate like pot metal. It works very well. This one and the MV 1B were original equipment and can be frequently found on eBay. Search for "Tillotson Brass Carburetor...
Views: 251   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 30, 2015 11:19am
by Vincent O'Brien
Oil filtrator on 14L & 15L ENGINE
Just took of my oil filtrator on my 15L engine for restoration and replacement. I ordered a modern oil filter cartridge from Summit Racing to fit inside. I noticed that when I took it off of the engine block there was no gasket between the block and the bottom of the...
Views: 329   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 28, 2015 4:05pm
by Mike Linthicum
Substitute for 600wt "Steam Cylinder Oil" used on Durant cars
OK, I've just bought a 26 Star R and need to grease up the springs all around due to the rust on them. The manual calls for 600 wt Steam Cylinder Oil and this site tells me that I need to order it from CA or TX or get 5 gallons in a jobber pail if I can find one. So,...
Views: 211   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 27, 2015 12:41pm
by Gene House
Restoration help needed for 26 Star R
I've just purchases a 26 Star R as mentioned in a previous post. This car has had a semi-restoration about 20 years ago but It has painted wheels now instead of the lacquer I think was originally used. Car anyone confirm the type of finish that was originally on the...
Views: 202   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 25, 2015 10:32pm
by Vincent O'Brien
Drivability help needed for "new" Star
As many of you know, I've been wanting to buy a Durant car for several months now. That was finally made possible with the help of Frank Witkowski (many thanks Frank!). My "new" 1926 Star R 6 cylinder arrived last week during the rain and I rapidly discovered, during...
Views: 222   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 25, 2015 6:45am
by Gene House
Following a Star....Continued
Hello again everybody. Well, it,s been a long time since I have posted anything about the restoration of Cathy Witkowski's Star Roadster. Work and other issues have slowed this project to a crawl..... but we're at it again! If I remember correctly, my last...
Views: 1153   Replies: 17
Last Post: Mar 25, 2015 6:30am
by Gene House
Throwout bearing and u-joint lube
I put some heavy oil in my throwout bearing and now I have a mess! What are others using that doesn't "fling out" every where? Secondly, what to use in the spicer u-joints?
Views: 311   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 21, 2015 5:20am
by Mike Linthicum
Ignition cyinder replacement
Hi, I need some help. I bought a key cylinder and blank key from Gary Wallace. My problem is that I do not want to destroy my ignition/light switch in inserting the new cylinder. I have removed complete switch from car and now have NO IDEA have to remove the l...
Views: 250   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 18, 2015 2:41am
by Shane Hoffmann
1926 Star Vacumn chamber
Hi, I have a 1926 star with a glass chamber mounted on the firewall which is connected to the intake. The problem is the glass was dropped and is broken. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement? Thanks, Roy
Views: 277   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 10, 2015 6:37pm
by Dennis W. Nutter
Engine plate
Hello members, I'm looking for a replica engine block plate for the CA Star series. Does anyone know if there are replicas being made? Spring is here on 20 Mar 2015. Thank you for any help.
Views: 364   Replies: 9
Last Post: Mar 9, 2015 8:23pm
by Norm Toone
gas gauge and windshield wiper (vaccum type)
I need a wiper motor for my car =-- sure trying to get it on the road. Finding little problems now that all the big ones seem to be fixed(I hope anyway) also could sure use a gas gauge if any one has one to sell me thanks-- Ken
Views: 344   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 5, 2015 9:29am
by Ross Hoevet
Split Rims (narrow)
I am in the very early stages of rebuilding a 1928 M2 Durant Sedan that belonged to my wife's grandfather. I seem to be having trouble with the split rims (which are not in good shape). I talking about the outer rim that attach to the tire and tube, not the inner...
Views: 211   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 4, 2015 6:12pm
by Neil Martin
Rear main seal
I have an oil leak from the rear main seal on my car. I saw an article some time back about rebuilding to a newer type seal but cant find it now. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get a copy of this article?---think maybe it was Bill Hoagland...
Views: 290   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 24, 2015 5:54pm
by Ken McCormick
619 Information needed
Hi All..... Anyone know the size of the rear hub threads on a wooden wheel 619? George is making a hub puller for one of our Foreign members and needs the size and thread pitch for the rear hub. A hub cap could be measured also. Thanks for any help you can...
Views: 195   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 23, 2015 5:13am
by Norm Toone
What's New At the Museum
Started this thread to let you know what is new at the Durant Motors Automobile Museum. You can go there by clicking on the button to your left marked "museum" or directly by going to www.durantmuseum.org. 1. Several new items have been added to the "Items and Ar...
Views: 577   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 22, 2015 4:59am
by Peggy Spitz
registration number plate
I have found number plate 27839 RUGBY. Any significance?
Views: 234   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 19, 2015 10:57am
by Bob and Stephani...
Durant Partner Winter 2014 issue
WOW! What a great issue, and I really love the photographs throughout the magazine. Carol, thanks for taking the time to plow through the hundreds of photographs that I sent in order to make this issue spectacular. I know that many of those in attendance do not...
Views: 270   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 15, 2015 5:04pm
by Charles Spitz
San Diego
Does anyone know if there are any car shows in the San Diego area the weekend of March 21-22?
Views: 227   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 14, 2015 10:01pm
by Bill Hoaglan
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

The Durant Motors Automobile Club