Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Passing of Yates Milton, 1st President of the DMAC
It is with great sadness that I report that Yates Milton passed this evening in a hospital in Greenville, North Carolina. By his side was Doris his Wife and Michael and Cindy his two children. A true Southern Gentleman if ever there was one, Yates was very active in...
Views: 236   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 5, 2018 8:24pm
by Rick Botti
Running board rubber and metal trim
Ok, got a question for you all. What is the proper rubber to cover the top of the running boards with? Who supplies it? I know there is a couple of different patterns, but what is factory correct? Also the metal running board aluminum trim. What is correct for the 19...
Views: 374   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 4, 2018 10:35pm
by Hilkka Brucksch
d
Drew
1926 Flint Jr. Z-18 for Sale
Hi, My name is Drew and I am currently a college intern for a historic house in Des Moines, IA called the Salisbury House. My specific summer internship puts me in charge of marketing, pr and promotion of the 9th Annual Salisbury Automobile Classic. The biggest f...
Views: 600   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 22, 2018 12:09pm
by Roger Toppenberg
Durant gas caps
Hi Everyone, There was some interest in Gas Caps again so I cast and finished another 5 . They are the ones that have the "D" in the center, and have the 1 7/8" threads. I think there are pictures from past messages, if not I can put up some new ones. Thanks Mi...
Views: 1413   Replies: 11
Last Post: Feb 22, 2018 11:32am
by rick
Durant Video Clip
I ran across a walk around video that I had taken a couple years ago at our "Midnight at the Oasis" car show here in Yuma, AZ ...This was shortly after I had finished the restoration...This Coupe is made up from an M-2 Star chassis and running gear, body is mostly M-...
Views: 237   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 16, 2018 5:25pm
by Brian Johnson
Thanks for the fellowship.
As I recently sold my d40 Rugby Light Van I have tendered my resignation to the Secretary/membership Officer. I would like to thank all members that helped me out with my queries over the past 19 years. It was very much appreciated. All the best for the future. Re...
Views: 232   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 12, 2018 10:16am
by Mike Linthicum
Attachment bolts for front of the cab
I have my cab off the car and find that the two bolts that hold down the front of the cab have no tabs to bolt it down I have all the pieces but think they have been worn down by being off for a long time I don,t know how to describe the thing but would sure lik...
Views: 230   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 9, 2018 7:40pm
by Ken McCormick( b...
1926 Durant Star Four radiator and shroud.
I have a Durant Star 4 honeycomb radiator and shroud. It was in a Buick I purchased many years ago and no longer have. If anyone is interested in purchasing let me know. Shroud has the emblem on it...has a chip in the enamel still looks decent though. There is ru...
Views: 164   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 9, 2018 10:36am
by Greg Kaumeyer
Possibly cracked engine block
This is mostly for Don Schilling but I thought I'd throw it out for general discussion too. My W5 engine had a stud broke off on the water jacket opening right above the water pump.Drilled it out and replaced it. New gasket and filled it up with anti freeze and a cou...
Views: 250   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 8, 2018 11:46am
by Don Shilling
31 Durant 619 for sale
There’s a 31 Durant. 619 four door sedan for sale in St. Louis. Cheap money,there number is 217 343 7433 I know nothing about it just got a call from a friend. Dave
Views: 222   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 6, 2018 7:42pm
by Dave enrico
Need Steeldraulic lines
My brother has a Star and I need Steeldraulic lines for my 1929 Hupp.
Views: 218   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 6, 2018 3:23pm
by Mike Linthicum
Hostetler's Hudson Museum to close, collection to be broken up and sold.
A few years ago the DMAC East Coast Chapter had an opportunity to tour this wonderful museum specializing in the Hudson automobile. It's ashame that it is closed and the collection will be broken up. Below is the report from the Hemmings Motor News: On January 30,...
Views: 174   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 6, 2018 7:20am
by Don Shilling
Cathy's Star Roadster Pictures
Hi All.... Been a while since you have seen pictures of Cathy's Star M roadster that Jim G. is restoring. Enjoy the progress.... imghost
Views: 296   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 5, 2018 3:15pm
by Ken McCormick( b...
Progress on my Durant
Sent my "D" radiator emblem off to Karla Maxwell for refurbishing last Thursday and shipped my radiator off to "The Brassworks" for restoration. Spoke to the gentleman there and they've done several Durant an Star radiators. 8 to 10 month turn around time estimated,...
Views: 212   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 5, 2018 6:31am
by Mike Linthicum
s
Scott
Certificate of stock in the Durant Motor Co.
Would anyone know if any certificates of stock in the Durant Motor Co. still exist and who would hold these? Thank you for any help.
Views: 3496   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jan 29, 2018 12:52pm
by Pat Harper
DeVaux VIN
I recently acquired a 31 DeVaux coupe and trying to do a VIN verification. I have an old CA registration that hasm a VIN I cant seem to locate on the car. I have found a tag on the firewall and the plate on the floor board but these numbers do not match the paperwork...
Views: 723   Replies: 35
Last Post: Jan 29, 2018 5:55am
by Norm Toone
g
Gene m
vin location
dose this vehicle have a vin number? if so where. i see a tag on the toe board on the passenger side with model no. and car number. and what appear to be casting numbers on the passenger side of the block,w8a 605. thank you for any info, gene
Views: 345   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 27, 2018 12:32pm
by Norm Toone
DeVaux
Our 1931 DeVaux was involved in an accident in Modesto, CA during our National Meet in 2017. For insurance purposes we need to establish a value of our DeVaux before the accident. So we need information on sales and prices of DeVauxs. It must be a SOLD price. S...
Views: 255   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 25, 2018 10:52pm
by Gary Yelle
Spray Chrome Paint
Here's a neat video of spray chrome painting a wheel. See what you think and post your comments. You can highlight this link and right click and choose "Go To" for youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ6fAWis2p0
Views: 227   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 20, 2018 8:56am
by Gene House
2018 calendars
The 2018 Durant Motors Automobile Club calendars are available: $13 each....shipping for one or two calendars is US- $4.20, Canada- $15.50, International- $22.50 Payment can be sent to; Stephanie Smith 36234 S. Cypress Dr. Tucson, AZ 85739 paypal; flinta...
Views: 246   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 20, 2018 6:26am
by Bob Smith
Rear bumper
There was a bumper in the back seat when I bought the car that fits the whole width of the car. Unfortunately when I try to install, it interferes with the spare tire that is also mounted on te back of the car. The brackets and bumper were badly bent but I can not te...
Views: 318   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 13, 2018 6:48am
by Jim Cooke
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.
Views: 202   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 9, 2018 10:43pm
by Ken McCormick( b...
c
Colin
For Sale
Sale in Febuary 2018. One Mason Road King Speed Truck. Only made between 1922-25. I think this is a 1923-5 model. Body work non existent but has complete mechanicals. Engine still turns. Maybe spare diff, have to check as Dads, in back of shed covered in other treasu...
Views: 239   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 7, 2018 5:04pm
by Norm Toone
Guess Who?
Dave Schulte just sent some of us these pictures taken back in the 70's. Guess who's in the pictures? Now Frank, Dave, Bob, don't let the cat out of the bag.
Views: 340   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 5, 2018 8:32am
by Tom Schaffer
Just got back by Generator/Distributor
Hey I just wanted to share with everyone my restored generator/distributor for my Model 65 that I just got back from Advanced Auto Electric in Michigan. Took him a long time, but it's well worth the wait. Looks like it just came out of the box in 1928! The distributo...
Views: 224   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 4, 2018 11:37am
by Yates Milton
Fan belt pulley
I am reassembling the front of the engine compartment and just installed the lower fan belt pulley on the w5 engine. There is a key but no visible way of attaching the pulley. Is it held there by the tension of the belt?
Views: 213   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 1, 2018 8:57am
by jim
Durant hubcap on eBay
i know Durant hubcaps are hen's teeth. There's a D cap on eBay now. It looked a lot like those needed for my 619 with wire wheels. But looked suspicious so I asked about the diameter of the hole needed to snap in. It's larger diameter than my 6 inchers - and has an o...
Views: 265   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 1, 2018 5:25am
by Norm Toone
durant dealership mentioned
I stumbled across an article about the last season of Downtown Abbey. They mention Durant and a real Durant dealership circa 1922. http://www.citizen-times.com/story/entertainment/2015/03/02/vanderbilts-ahead-downton-abbey-cars-trains/24276261/ Rick
Views: 157   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 31, 2017 6:15pm
by Rick Botti
Some Past History Of Rugby in Australia
To the DMAC Members, I have been busy trying to find Durant owners in Australia. This is a Email from a Rugby Owner Russel Medhurst of Melbourne Hi Robert Heath, Nice to hear from you.Is your a C or an F as models overlapped a bit owning to the time they they...
Views: 503   Replies: 12
Last Post: Dec 30, 2017 3:46pm
by Colin
Upholstery Material
I am looking to purchase some custom mohair upholstery material soon for my 1928 Durant D75 original pattern. Not sure if it is specific to the D75 but wanted to put a call out to the club members to see if you desire to join in. I personally need 5-6 square yards of...
Views: 257   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 29, 2017 3:58am
by S. Blomquist
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays
Since today is Friday and many of you will be heading out for holiday travel, (if you haven't already headed out) Frances and I want to take this opportunity to wish all the Durantonians throughout the world a very Merry Christmas and a very Happy New year. I hope yo...
Views: 276   Replies: 9
Last Post: Dec 26, 2017 2:01pm
by Mike Linthicum
Report on California Fires
Hi Brother Lance Let us know your situation with the fires in your area. Haven't heard from you in quite sometime. Hope all is well with you and other members in the area. Yates
Views: 304   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 18, 2017 7:54am
by dave enrico
Last minute donations to the Durant Museum Fund!
Hello everyone; We've got just about two weeks left of this year and those of you in the United States that are looking for last minute possible tax deductions, please consider sending a donation to the DMAC Museum Fund. Remember, the DMAC is a IRS designated 501...
Views: 161   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 17, 2017 1:07pm
by Mike Linthicum
2018 DMAC Conference in Staten Island NY 9/13 - 9/17
Hi Everyone! Charlie and I met up with Ed yesterday to work on the Meet. We toured several hotels and agreed with Ed that the best choice is the Hilton. He was able to get a rate of $139.00 plus taxes per night. We got Lacqua to honor that rate for two days before t...
Views: 671   Replies: 25
Last Post: Dec 16, 2017 5:10pm
by Tom Schaffer
'24 Star Restoration Prep
I've checked with several shops about rebuilding the woodwork, repairing metalwork, and body assembly and have pretty well decided on Robin Baker at Automotive Wood Bodies to do the work. Today we trimed the body, unbolted from the frame, and installed bracing. I'll...
Views: 441   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 12, 2017 3:29pm
by Don Shilling
Curtis Bartells Parts Cache
Hey, Whats up with Curts Parts Cache. Just talked to Curt and he says it's still available and reduced to $500.00. Hey Gene where are You ?? Curt say's if no action soon it go's in the trash as he can't afford to pay storage rent on it any longer. I could take half...
Views: 459   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 12, 2017 10:47am
by Curtis Bartell
NOS oil pump gears
Quite some time ago I loaned a member a pair of NOS oil pump gears for a reproduction project. I have forgotten the members name, and was curious as to the status of the project. Hopefully the member will contact me. Dave
Views: 198   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 10, 2017 7:46am
by Dave Schulte
d
Danna
I have a one of a kind boat built from a 1928 star car.
I have a boat that a gentle man built in 1928 from a star car. I'm not sure what model exactly. I believe everything but the body and tires were used. It has the original motor and transmission both seats and steering wheel. Looks very similar to a Chris craft. The m...
Views: 249   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 7, 2017 2:45pm
by Brian Johnson
freewheeling
hello everyone and happy holidays does anyone have a picture of or and old freewheeling control and knob for a Durant Frontenac or devaux,my control cable on my 32 is missing and I don't know what it looks like,as always thanks to everyone for there help dave
Views: 177   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 7, 2017 2:12pm
by dave enrico
Engine numbers
Can any one help, I have purchased a Rugby / Star / Durant and it has an engine serial number on it which I don't know. Engine number is R1559067 . It is an over head valve engine, it has 2 individual rocker covers each covering 2 pistons worth of rockers and it has...
Views: 529   Replies: 16
Last Post: Dec 5, 2017 10:34pm
by Sid Semple
testing image hosting
https://imgbb.com Rick
Views: 768   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 5, 2017 9:24am
by Rick Botti
Happy Thanksgiving
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Rick
Views: 261   Replies: 12
Last Post: Nov 24, 2017 3:07pm
by Ken McCormick( b...
East Coast Chapter Spring Meet, Springfield, Illinois
Time to start thinking about the East Coast Chapter Spring Meet. This April we'll meet in Springfield, Illinois. The land of Abraham Lincoln and also part of Route 66 I understand. I have ordered a visitors bureau booklet and made initial contact with the visitors bu...
Views: 302   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 20, 2017 10:07am
by Ken Brink
Urgent call for articles for the Partner!
Carol's supply of articles is almost non-existent. I spoke with her yesterday and she has very little to draw from for our fall issue and winter issue. Please consider sitting down and writing up an article on anything Durant related. Restoration tips, stories of ho...
Views: 219   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 16, 2017 5:58am
by Mike Linthicum
Would like to sell this Star
My father passed away and he had this vehicle on his property. He loved this vehicle but never got the chance to restore it. I would love to see this done.
Views: 272   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 14, 2017 5:35am
by Norm Toone
Shifting a 4 speed transmission - any comments?
Shifting a 4 speed transmission: I have a friend who has a 1929 6-66 that he has just brought to life. However, he is a little puzzled by the 4 speed transmission. I have tried to help him, as best I can, but I have never driven one either. Can someone explain...
Views: 326   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 13, 2017 1:29am
by Phil Donoghoe
New source of Durant Era Pictures
I found a great new source of Durant era pictures. All seem to be factory images from 1923-31. These are hosted by the Free Library of Philadelphia. Rick https://libwww.freelibrary.org/digital/search/?q=durant
Views: 369   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 12, 2017 10:58pm
by Lance Haynes
Old cars sure are fun
Lots of fun trying to fit old tin onto an old framework-- Doesn't seem like anything is the right size to fit anywhere. Seems like everything I try to fit good makes something else fit poorly. Pretty discouraging after all the work you do to get this far. Only thing...
Views: 250   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 9, 2017 4:46am
by Norm Toone
Missing Modesto package
Hi All.... Trying to track down a package that was to be sent from the Modesto meet. Did anyone get ours by mistake? Thanks..... Cathy & Frank ---
Views: 214   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 8, 2017 6:31am
by Frank Witkowski
Curtis Bartell's parts cache
Anyone else interested in Curts cache and wants to combine a few purchase's ? I'm interested in some but not all. I'd be willing to help haul some of it to get it over to East edge of S. Dakota if that would help at all. Dave
Views: 348   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 29, 2017 10:56pm
by David Coppess
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

The Durant Motors Automobile Club