AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
b
BB
What system kit to choose for chip/crack repair
There are so many different manufacturers and systems out there but which one do you recommend? Pleas help me out.
Views: 792   Replies: 26
Last Post: Aug 30, 2014 10:14pm
by xs
p
Phred
Allstate's address change in Roanoke posted 8/26/14
Is there ONE blessed soul who reads Glassbytes who gives the slightest merry hoot about that posting?
Views: 456   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 28, 2014 7:56pm
by Larry
j
Jim
by-laws
http://www.prweb.com/releases/iga/glassdoctor/prweb12120461.htm wasn't there something in the original bylaws about the number of shops a member could own?
Views: 457   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 26, 2014 12:34pm
by Gary Hart
d
DARREN
2014 AUDI A5 CONVERTABLE
I have one coming in for a windshield, has anyone replaced one of these? Any help would be appreciated. Side moldings clip on or screw on from under side?
Views: 407   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 26, 2014 3:02pm
by DARREN
A Bad Case of Legal Feeitis
Safelite is hurting! http://www.glassbytes.com/2014/08/safelite-amends-connecticut-complaint-to-seek-attorney-costs-more/ "Safelite’s attorneys take particular issue with a small portion of the act—PA-13-67(c)(2). “It prohibits an insurance...
Views: 488   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 26, 2014 8:23am
by Sglass
Independent Glass Association Serves Objection to Safelite Subpoena
On or about August 6, 2014, the IGA was served a subpoena by Safelite Group, Inc. and Safelite Solutions LLC commanding the IGA to produce certain information relevant to Connecticut General Statue 38a-354a and then a bunch of really far reaching stuff that you can r...
Views: 921   Replies: 13
Last Post: Aug 25, 2014 4:08pm
by JayBob
06' CADI SRX ROOF MOLDING.....
We've installed two of these now, customer pay on first one, insurance paid on the second, now customer is back with another broken one wondering why. It is approximately 3ft long, 3-5 inches wide, runs in between sunroof, and roof rail. It has a half inch bead of u...
Views: 437   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 25, 2014 3:05pm
by Glasstech, IL
b
Ben
18V Dewalt urethane gun
Does anyone offer a sausage pack conversion kit for the 18V Dewalt urethane guns?
Views: 764   Replies: 15
Last Post: Aug 24, 2014 10:27pm
by xs
s
Sglass
Lynx Services Files Motion to Quash Subpoena from Safelite in Connecticut Anti-Steering Case
The TPA Sharks are in a frenzy & now turning on each other. Perhaps together they will create their own destruction. If all the facts of how a TPA operates come to light, maybe some Govt. official will see how ridiculous and detrimental to the free enterprise system...
Views: 991   Replies: 11
Last Post: Aug 24, 2014 10:17pm
by JB
l
Lasko
What is your damage waiver? A sign? Written agreement?
Been doing windshield repair for twenty four years and there's always a crybaby in the crowd.... Yo owe me a new windshield because it ran while you we're working on it.... I'm offering my third replacement in 24 years not bad, the first was my cardiologist (en...
Views: 548   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 24, 2014 8:22pm
by IRA
i
IRA
The crooks are still around
Here's the latest one I've received Hello I would like to know if you can help me with an order of some clear glass. I would appreciate it a lot if you could send me an email back with the total price on 100 quantities of clear glass in the size 38 x 38 thic...
Views: 629   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 24, 2014 8:15pm
by IRA
Chrysler/Audi/VW Mirror tool
Is there a special tool for this type of mirror that does not mar the surface of the stem? Please don\'t tell me to wrap a rag around a pair of pliers or to use sof tjaw pliers like the plumbers use. It appears that the mirror stem is made to use a specific tool on...
Views: 420   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 24, 2014 7:01pm
by Larry
trying to decide
Im really getting ready to make a purchase. I have looked at some of the posts and im still unsure. I will say im impressed with the statements from GlassBot in regards to being able to update all of their systems, and that all new designs utilize that concept so tha...
Views: 1224   Replies: 17
Last Post: Aug 22, 2014 4:15pm
by Martin
REALITY TV
FOR THE LAST 18 YEARS I HAVE OWNED A COMPANY CALLED STRONG ISLAND STREET WHEELZ AND 3 YEARS AGO I WAS BLESSED TO GET A CONTRACT TO CREATE ONE OF THE LARGEST WEEKLY CAR MEETS IN THE COUNTRY AT THE PENNY SAVER AMPHITHEATER AND JUST LAST WEEK WAS CONTACTED BY LEFT RI...
Views: 1406   Replies: 36
Last Post: Aug 22, 2014 9:55am
by lol
a
AGN
1999 Chevy Tahoe Drivers Mirror
Does anyone know if there is a replacement made for the self-dimming, heated power mirror for the 1999 Tahoes? There are only three parts listed for it in the burco catalog #2724, #2784 and #2749RSG. According to the listing in Burco non of these are heated or self d...
Views: 704   Replies: 10
Last Post: Aug 21, 2014 11:13pm
by LONG KNIFE
Dealership chip repair, \" looking for replacement shops to refer.\"
Got a message from someone who says his company, does dealership windshield repairs. " Looking for a company to partner up with,to refer the cracked windshield replacements and looking for quotes." This is not the first time for this sort of thing. Several times I...
Views: 669   Replies: 8
Last Post: Aug 21, 2014 1:28pm
by anom
pilk locked me out not sure if i care
ok so I just tried to get a price on a rover part and was told that my account was locked due to non payment. heres why, few days back I ordered some parts for installation in the following few days where im at they ship stuff to us, not a big deal we order one...
Views: 632   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 20, 2014 7:44am
by Martin
l
Larry
Giving away services
Is it just me or does anyone else cringe when someone is doing windshield repairs for 4.95 even if its for charity it just not smart. When we as an industry devalue our labor it make me sick.
Views: 728   Replies: 11
Last Post: Aug 18, 2014 10:20pm
by Mr.Phil
l
lasko
why was \"corruption of the auto glass ind\". removed?
wow. that was dead on well written article. Best I have ever seen on this site. hats off to the author, why was it removed?
Views: 1123   Replies: 10
Last Post: Aug 16, 2014 2:31am
by Lasso
o
ohm
knot gnews
the crap you guys put forth lol, embrace the irony, iheard that 2day.
Views: 426   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 15, 2014 11:56pm
by ohm
l
Larry
BTB Electric Review
I got my BTB E tool today I was excited to get it, I simply love it I could not be happier with the purchase, I used it on a 1580 today and it worked delightful! The battery version worked great. In comparison to a power fein knife, and its battery version which is...
Views: 756   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 14, 2014 9:08pm
by Larry
1993 OLSMOBILE CUTLASS SUPREME CONVERTIBLE
Does anyone know where I can find the 3-sided windshield gasket and the right and left door pillar moldings? Thanks
Views: 387   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 14, 2014 7:07pm
by Larry
\
\$.02
hsg
Why is HSG giving jobs to Safelite? We have caught this three times now. Safelite doesn't show up and we get a call, or they didn't want to do a Cadillac with a soft top. I guess it isn't what they say about being the network for the installer, it's just about money...
Views: 806   Replies: 8
Last Post: Aug 13, 2014 8:15pm
by $.98
l
Larry
Safelite & the US Marshals
I am a terrible reader sometimes, and since I did not follow what was going on in CT , I have a few questions that I should already know the answer to. Did they serve this to shops that are members? non members? and why waste federal marshals time, shouldn't they be...
Views: 1759   Replies: 22
Last Post: Aug 12, 2014 1:55pm
by My Name is Earl
b
Bhaus
1988 CHRYSLER 5TH AVE. Parts
Looking for aftermarket or oe door guide runners for all four doors Tried dealer no luck and no suggestions from him as well and I have not seen anything on google to suggest there is one Any ideas would be a help Thanks
Views: 330   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 12, 2014 11:28am
by Lee
o
Opus
Cindy Rowe
Anybody watch the interview that Penny did in Harrisburg @ CR's HQ?. Surprised Penny wasn't wearing fishing waders trying to protect limbs from the hooey being thrown around. Don't know about reality but Cindy Rowe's company had a wonderful industry reputation....
Views: 1472   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 11, 2014 7:54pm
by ohm
l
Lee
PGW and E-bay
We should all do this. http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Windshield-59-60-Cadillac-Sedan-Deville-Fleetwood-Chevy-Brookwood-Impala-/141162172286 Then you could just sit back and watch the money roll in and let PGW do all the work. You can pick this up at any PGW locat...
Views: 912   Replies: 10
Last Post: Aug 10, 2014 12:01pm
by ProSource Glass ...
o
ohm
step van b/g dt2617 tempered
Does anyone have a supplier for these ? thank you .
Views: 314   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 10, 2014 9:20am
by Lee
l
Larry
Volkswagen Door memory reset
got a 4 dr EOS I think it is, lost its memory .. what is the best reset for it? Larry Have to address this tomorrow :) Jamie??? help?
Views: 379   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 8, 2014 10:24pm
by Larry
Neil Duffy's article
Neil Duffy is a brilliant writer. I just made a post on a thread that was apparently 4 years old. So, I thought that I'd start a new Post on a topic that he brought up. In my previous post, I suggested that everyone who frequents and reads here go out and find...
Views: 494   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 8, 2014 4:23pm
by My Name is Earl
o
ohm
WOULD YOU LIKE TO CONTINUE USING THIS SHOP ? ?
SO YOU ARE LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE A POTENTIAL OR PREVIOUS CLIENT ON THE LINE !!!!!!!!! TPA assaults us with all of this rhetoric ! not affiliated, pricing agreement, out of pocket, check their warranty, cant stand by their work, not guaranteed, ... Are we a deal...
Views: 562   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 8, 2014 3:33pm
by My Name is Earl
Steering & Stealing on the rise: WARNING
Well a certain solutions is taking a bolder step to steal work. They now don't even try to contact the shop of choice. what they do is put the customer on hold for a few minutes, then return to the line telling the customer they can't get a hold of the shop of their...
Views: 1677   Replies: 37
Last Post: Aug 8, 2014 1:24pm
by My Name is Earl
j
JB
IN THE NEWS AGAIN
http://www.consumereagle.com/2014/08/05/safelite-auto-glass-scrutinized-by-consumer-attorneys-2/ CHECK IT OUT
Views: 643   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 7, 2014 9:01pm
by icebreaker
b
Ben
Auto Glass Week 2015
I have always wanted to go to Auto Glass Week and just got the itinerary. I am self employed and the main installer in a growing business. I would like the opportunity to learn but I'm having a hard time justifying the cost and not working. If you have been, is it wo...
Views: 842   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 7, 2014 8:52pm
by xs
k
kathy
2012 benz sls convert
looking for windshield labor time. tks.
Views: 406   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 7, 2014 5:08pm
by Insured Shop
Complimentary Technician Olympics Registration offered by eDirectGlass
eDirectGlass has announced that it has two complimentary Auto Glass Technician Olympics contestant registrations available. If you are interested, please contact Maria Iorio at 480-993-0915, ext. 201 The deadline for this offer is August 14, 2014 so act now if...
Views: 373   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 6, 2014 9:27pm
by Larry
2014 RX 350 Lexus Antenna's ?
Order w/s from dealer, car is now here and it has 2 electronic antenna type things on inside of w/s top pass side, both have wires going up into headliner, no plug to undo. There is nothing on the new windshield in that area, which tells me that they stick on or they...
Views: 647   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 6, 2014 2:30pm
by Dave in Mass
o
ohm
`12 cayenne backglass laminated ant, spoiler ??
got one coming in, feeling a little weak inthe knees, any tips would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Views: 388   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 6, 2014 2:05pm
by ohm
Safelite AutoGlass Rolls Out New Version of Safelite.com
It's always interesting to see what news is reported here and it is no secret that I have aired my frustration with the publisher about this. For example, the Mygrant news was a pretty important milestone for the industry yet it went unreported with the exception of...
Views: 635   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 5, 2014 9:07pm
by Larry
Mygrants service
Is it just me or ever since Mygrants new system has gone live has their service gone down the ****ter and the people who work there don't want to give quality customer service? or is it just me an my company who is not getting the quality customer service that I used...
Views: 1026   Replies: 11
Last Post: Aug 5, 2014 8:13pm
by Lee
s
Sglass
Steering IS Legal in N Y State
I sent a formal complaint to NY State Ins. Dept. Superintendent Eric Dinallo. His office responded to my today by phone. I was told, “steering is Legal in NY State. There is an exemption in NY law regarding auto glass only.” Time to get out your pens &...
Views: 1228   Replies: 13
Last Post: Aug 5, 2014 6:21pm
by OC
2013 VW Golf Front Vent Glass - Bonded In?
Can anyone tell me if the front vent glass on a 2013 VW Golf is bonded in? Had a customer ask and I won't get to a dealership for a look til it's too late to get an answer to him. If anyone has the part number, would also be much appreciated. Thanks Adam
Views: 793   Replies: 15
Last Post: Aug 5, 2014 4:15pm
by Scotty g
m
Mark1
DEG
I've been watching for a while the development and deployment of something from the collision folks called the Database Enhancement Gateway. In short, (very short), it provides a platform for repairers to point out errors in the databases provided. Such errors may...
Views: 1032   Replies: 28
Last Post: Aug 5, 2014 3:34pm
by Gary Hart
m
markk
2 part epoxy for mirror bracket
had a customer come in with a Lincoln mirror hanging off, tried Loctite 1 min held for bit then came off, next j b weld two part 5 min still no good, what is every one else using on brackets with ceramic paint.. thank you markk
Views: 1487   Replies: 12
Last Post: Aug 4, 2014 9:14pm
by Mobile
j
jeff
2012 fiat
anything special on these anything need to look out for
Views: 389   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 4, 2014 9:07pm
by autoglasses
subpoenas season in connecticut
http://www.glassbytes.com/2014/07/marshals-serve-subpoenas/ Interesting they want to see advertising budgets. Wonder if there is a ratio involved. Who is the Customer?
Views: 765   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 4, 2014 4:38pm
by sika
j
J.A.D.
2011 Tundra Double cab fixed Back window nonslider
Any one having much luck R-I these treats. Think Dodge or Ford back glass with reverse molding. AllData says to wire it out. never had much luck wiring out reverse molding that are lower then the outer surface. Bash as you wish just looking for some input. thanks
Views: 539   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 2, 2014 1:14pm
by J.A.D.
l
Lee
15 TAHOE/YUKON
Just had a new Yukon come in from CSI for a w/s. Looking at it I noticed it had rear door vent glasses. NAGS must have missed them as they have no #'s.. Imagine that NAGS making a mistake. And why do they list some rear doors first before the front doors?????????? Ti...
Views: 575   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 2, 2014 12:50am
by xs
dodge power slider
We took a job to install a used power slider.when we got there the cables were cut on the used back glass. we looked at the cables on the broken one and there was no tension on the cables so we disconnected them from the window and let them sit until the used window...
Views: 676   Replies: 10
Last Post: Aug 1, 2014 9:44pm
by Mr.Phil
Glass Technology Becomes Independent Glass Association Industry Partner Member
IGA Members to Receive Access to the Latest Industry Tools and Products read more at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/08/prweb12064364.htm
Views: 317   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 1, 2014 8:51pm
by Larry
27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com