This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: After publishing to internet updates do not appear

Thanks - all we are trying to do is change a few Phone numbers for the Club. I have attempted to contact Bravenet on several occasions and they have totally ignored me, so we are looking at going elsewhere. Unfortunately we are a bunch of guys that spend more time fishing and enjoying ourselves rather than trying to understand this new language and Bravenet don't make it easy to be contactable to help us.
We have looked at the site from other computers and it is still the same and none of us know enough to understand any settings and we haven't changed anything either.

The last digits of the phone numbers as listed now is

Are these old or new?
If old, how do you go about changing them before you publish?

Going elsewhere? Isn't going to solve anything. The Wizard must be a pain to use, but Bravehost doesn't require you to use it. And you can use any editor you like.

Going elsewhere with another online editor you need to learn from scratch doesn't sound like a good idea.

Judging from the newsletter I just read as well Bravenet is making some changes.

Going to have a whole new look and online editors and more.

So whether you are being affected by these changes as well.

But myself don't use the online website builders as i like more freedom with my own.

Since I know html and more things and like my site to look way I like and more.

But we shall see how the whole new bravenet will be and more come end of May or sometime in june

Cheers I have no idea what you mean - I have been to the visual and text editor and made the changes - the SAVE button on the top left of the page won't let me save even though I have deleted several pages as it says my disk quota is exceeded (what disk quota) and when i use save on the next button after three hours it is still telling me to please wait saving changes!!!!!!

Thanks I understand what you are saying but i don't have any other web builders or editors to use and have relied on Bravenet providing something that works haha.
I have followed the steps very closely using both the wizard and text editor and visual editors and none work!!!!

Graham Carter
Thanks I understand what you are saying but i don't have any other web builders or editors to use and have relied on Bravenet providing something that works haha.
I have followed the steps very closely using both the wizard and text editor and visual editors and none work!!!!

You say you are using text/visual and the wizard
I stick to the text editor and have had no problems saving updates in 6/7 years so stick to one as it is so easy to blame bravenet or others when all the time it could be yourself.

Yes I agree however none of the above will save the text once I've changed - yes I have used all the options separately on different occasions and they have stopped working.

Graham Carter
Cheers I have no idea what you mean - I have been to the visual and text editor and made the changes - the SAVE button on the top left of the page won't let me save even though I have deleted several pages as it says my disk quota is exceeded (what disk quota) and when i use save on the next button after three hours it is still telling me to please wait saving changes!!!!!!

Your disc quota is 5mb check your account and it tells you how much you have used you are on a free site so probably used up all your allowance so you cannot update till you get below 5mb.

Disk Space:

14.7 MB of 30.0 GB (mine is a paid site)

yours would read xxmb of 5mb

Yes checked that mine is 1.7mb of 5mb

Got that sorted by getting paid hosting - now I need to upload files larger than 10kb - can anyone tell me which is the best way to go about doing this and what sftp i should use. Cheers