This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
I can't update my website using text editor of visual editor

I've had this website for many years and have been updating it regularly with no problems. I have been updating it via either text editor or visual editor depending on my mood and/or the type of changes.

All of a sudden I no longer can make edits. When I look at it via the file manager, "index.html" looks exactly the way I want it but when I log into the website It looks like it did prior to the changes.

Any thoughts?

Re: I can't update my website using text editor of visual editor

Sounds as if you have changed the options on your browser to cache pages for longer. Or maybe your ISP has started using proxy cache.

Re: I can't update my website using text editor of visual editor

John there have recently been a number of postings such as yours from experienced webmasters who certainly know how to update websites and clear cached pages. I also have many years experience and recently had the same problem. I noticed that after 30 minutes or so, the updated page was available. I have a suspicion that this is somehow related to Win 7 operating system, but have yet to sort out the cause. I say this because I never had the problem till I updated my OS

Thanks Problem SOLVED: I can't update my website using text editor of visual editor

Thanks for the inputs guys. I was looking at the website on my work computer (who knows what the IT department is doing as far a cache/proxy). Anway when I checked it out on my home computer all the chances were there exactly as I expected.

thanks for the tip.

John