This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
using/editing frontpage through bravenet

hi guys. i have a quick question please. i already have my site built (used frontpage 2002) and sitting on my pc waiting to be uploaded to bravenet. if i upload what i have already built, will i be able to on a continual basis take it down, work on it and upload it again or do i have to use the frontpage bravenet is offering on its site so then i would have to REMAKE my whole site and upload everything?

i'm kinda confused here.

thanks, nina

Re: using/editing frontpage through bravenet

I'm kind of confused too. I thought I was following you until we reached the part where you said:

or do i have to use the frontpage bravenet is offering on its site so then i would have to REMAKE my whole site and upload everything?

The answer to the part I understood is mostly YES. Except you don't have to take it down before working on it. You understand that what you upload are copies of your files, right? You edit the copies and upload to replace the old files. You don't have to move anything the other way.

But what do you mean by "the frontpage bravenet is offering on its site". Perhaps there is something in the workings of Frontpage 2002 I don't understand here - I never used it. But surely it has nothing to do with what Bravenet is offering?

thank you for answering.

on the bravenet site, there is a page where you have an option to build your site site using their help (i think with a wizard) or you can build using frontpage.

Nina

You either use the Wizard, or the Visual/text editors that bravenet has and you have the limitations that go along with those

OR

You use your own editor and upload via FTP.

So if you are going to use FRONTPAGE then use it

Nevermind about bravenet's online editors

okay. thanks all. i think i have it all sorted out now.