This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Re-publishing a site

I set this site up on my bought Domain name, but that has now ceased. How can I republish the site for laMusardiere - which I can still edit, but when I try it as published nothing appears apart from a non-related list of things.

Re: Re-publishing a site

If you are saying your domain has expired, you need to purchase it again. Seems http://lamusardiere.com/ has been bought by a Korean company, so you may need to pay more than you did originally.

Yes need to KEEP TRACK OF YOUR DOMAIN AND YOUR HOSTING for your domain of when they expire as hosting and your domain are 2 different things.

If you let your domain lapse and don't renew it then it can be bought up by someone else.

I don't see anything with your supposed subdomain you have here.

Or make sure you have the domain name correct as said the one here is owned by a Korean company and such.

If you don't renew a domain it reverts to the appropriate central registrar who then have to sell it to the first person to apply.
Bravenet are not involved in this at all, their relationship with the domain ends the moment that it comes up for renewal.

Thanks for all this. Yes I was aware of the Domain listing bit, but as this was a sub-domain to my ex-business (bought Domain) of Sound Moves Direct which is now defunct. This is purely to try and sell my house - called 'La Musardiere' and has all the photos and details on it. I can still apparently enter and work on this one, but not publish it - even though the button appears telling me I can and must.
Anyway, I have found another site I can work on, so no main problem, but thanks for taking the time out to assist. I appreciate it.
Wonder why a Korean company would want a French (and made-up)name? Interesting.

when a domain expires you need to renew or else you can't use your subdomains off it or more.

Probably why can't publish

So you will just have to somehow use this information on another site and just let the one go

And in future KEEP TRACK as it is important.

I don't know if like these were hacked or something either.

But I had a friend who owned a site and now lists it under someone's name from Russia.

The Domain is still where we got it from etc but I do know Russia was one place saw Hackers coming from and more

True - we do live in interesting times don't we?