This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Expire

Hi I was using brave net to host our website and it seems to have died, mainly because I have sadly neglected it, its all there but not accessible.
As I have now found some additional time to give to the site and save some of the Photo's which sadly are opriginal could I please have it back

Browser: IE7

Re: Expire

"its all there but not accessible"

Do you know that it is all there?

If so, perhaps the problem is your filenames. Bravenet at one time used software that would correct for errors you made in naming your files. Are you sure your main page is named "index.html" - just like that, no caps or other errors?

Your issue is either

1. YOU have NO index.html in your root directory

2. You have free hosting with your free subdomain and you have WAY TOO MANY HUGE images that you have gone over your 5mb of space limit.

So you will need to go through your site and see on your images etc which ones are way over sized with a graphics program. Get your space down and such too.

Probably since to you neglected your site you were rendered inactive and shut down but as said most likely culprits are above.

Thanks for that, I had this site running for some time amending it and it always ran fine, I'll check out all your suggested options, I do know that the images are about 35Mb, but they always worked before, that was for banners and other graphics for the site too!
I'm very grateful, thanks
Graham Braithwaite
The Manchester Regiment

Browser: IE8

Graham,

Free hosting limits where changed a while ago. If you are using more then 5MB of space than your website will not work. You need to go in and delete/resize some of your files before your website will load again.

Courtnie

35mb is TOO MUCH for images as were told need to optimize the images with a graphics program

Use irfanview

You have free hosting and subdomain so as Courtnie posted and such you only have 5mb of space to play with.

And 35mb of images is WAY OVER YOUR SPACE allottment.

If want more space then upgrade to paid hosting