This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Bravenet ad in the middle of page

Hey guys, I'm certainly no expert in coding, so I'm not really sure about why this is doing it, but the following is placed in the middle of one of my pages: "
Report Content · · Web Hosting · Blog · Guestbooks · Message Forums · Mailing Lists
Easiest Website Builder ever! · Build your own toolbar · Free Talking Character · Email Marketing
powered by bravenet.com "

Normally, this would be at the bottom of the page, however it isn't... It's in the middle of text right now.
Thanks for the help,
Ordray

Browser: Firefox 4

Re: Bravenet ad in the middle of page

What a coincidence I now have the bottom advert near the top. did an addition today not an upload and this had moved before that.
I cannot see the coding to change it

got to be something when you download page to edit or something their.

Could remove all coding for banner and such and see if it automatically goes where it should

That's the problem Jack.
I have looked for the coding and cannot see any I think I will try upload the Index again and see if that cures it.
Thanks

Now you have 2 bottom codings at top.

As said go in to editor and in your html format remove the coding.

It is there as have done this before.

It is what you are doing with downloading and reuploading your site that is causing it.

And this was reply that found to do was above. All the coding is at bottom of your page as you see an area with coding for one of the bottom then the closing body and html tags then another bottom coding then closing body and html tags again.

If can remove that part then save and upload it should go back to what it should be.

People had this issue many times before and as said replies saw then were to remove the coding as it is automatically placed in their by bravenet especially when have 2 banners or two of the bottom coding etc.

Thanks for your reply Susan. I had tried that but could not get out of it I have done it many times before as I have a few free sites.
What I did in the end was copy an Index page from one of my paid sites deleted all the coding then pasted from the paid site and edited the tile and links and now it is alright. what puzzled me was why it happened in the first place as it was alright a couple of weeks ago and all I uploaded was a web page.

Alls well that ends well and thank you all for for your tips.

Glyn

By the way you probably looked while I was playing around

This is usually caused by missing HTML closing tags or not properly clearing floated elements.

Ordray - in the case of your site, it is probably because you have everything position absolute on your page. Position absolute removes everything from your website's document flow, meaning your site does not have a true height and the bravenet ads do not know where to go. You do have everything inside a div with position relative but the height needs to be set to a px value rather then a percent. Changing that should move the Bravenet ads back into the correct place. A better way yet would be to float or position relative all your elements. Position absolute gets a bit messy when not used correctly.

Courtnie