This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
can't go on website

I had Yahoo as my company that I paid to have the name TogetherWeRun.com. I switched to GoDaddy and now can't access my web-site. Where ever I go on Bravenet and click to try and fix I hit a brick wall. Unfortunetly I'm paid till 2014 or I would cancel for lack of contact to fix a site I haven't been able to go on for a month.

Re: can't go on website

1. Why would you come to bravenet to change your information when it was with YAHOO and GODADDY

2. Since you moved to GoDaddy you need to go log in their and get your DNS SERVERS changed to what they are supposed to be so your site can propogate and get back online

That is your problem your DNS servers are pointing to Yahoo and you are at GODADDY not bravenet so go check your account at GoDaddy and see what to do their.

You may have to try yahoo as well. Since they are still showing as your tech contact

The reason was yahoo was the place I went to for the Name but Bravenet was who I have used to host websites.

Yahoo released my account so I could use GoDaddy but Bravenet is still hosting the website till 2014.

GoDaddy gave me several codes and confirmations and said the codes needed to be changed at bravenet so they would accept them as the new provider of my name.

Seems like each are pointing me to the other but I will try your suggestion and see what GoDaddy says again

It's on the bravenet site that is still showing yahoo as my tech contact, correct? That is where I think I need to plug in the new codes GoDaddy gave me so bravenet has the correct stuff.

Thank you for this help and suggestions.

John,

Your domain is hosted at godaddy - anything involving your domain name must be done with godaddy.

My guess is you are trying to build a website here at Bravenet using your domain name that is hosted at godaddy.

You need to log into your Bravenet account. Click the domains tab and then add an external domain. Once you have added an external domain to your Bravenet account you will be given nameservers. You then need to log into dodaddy and change your nameservers on your domain to point to Bravenet. They are currently pointing to Yahoo.

Once you have this done you should be able to build your website here at Bravenet using your godaddy domain.

Otherwise you can transfer your Domain to Bravenet from godaddy.

Courtnie

Thank You Courtnie,

Yes my domain is hosted by godaddy now.

I do not need to build a website as I already have built it at Bravenet. I just need to get it to open again now that I switched from yahoo to godaddy.

I did as you said and opened the external domain and added my Togetherwerun.com (which is the site I have had for four years on Bravenet) it then wants me to build a website.....which I already have.

I do not want to build a new website, only want to be able to have people open what I have had for four years.
Can you direct me on what to do now?
THANK YOU again for you help John

You need to change your nameservers at godaddy to point to Bravenet. You can find them when you click on your domain name listed under external domain.

If you already created your website using a different URL then you need to either redirect your domain name to your other site. Or upload your site again at your the new URL.

Courtnie