This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Old website, new account troubles.

Ok, here is the problem. Our original web designer of about 7 years ago, posted our original web site to www.ceremoniesontheshore.bravehost.com

Which was fine, at the time, now however, we want the same domain name, and cannot access the bravehost account.

The reason why we are contacting you, is because we do not want to continue to use that old website, but we want to update the same sub-domain with the new website information!

Please help us !

We tried to search for a phone number, but couldn't find one... ... if you can help us, please email weddingshores@hotmail.com.

Thanks in advance

Sincerely,

Sherri Oliver and Web Designer.

Browser: Mozilla

Re: Old website, new account troubles.

Well you should have kept track of the account login information for starters

Your big problem is you have a free hosted subdomain so really can't get much support with free hosting.

If the account is not under you that is another issue. Once you get in you may have to change all that information like e-mail address with account and more. This is the one bad thing about sharing with web designing and more that means that so many people will need access to the accounts and then you are left holding bag if someone decides to leave or something.

Lucky you only have the free subdomain at this point.

But you can try opening a support ticket on main page under area with Login issues and see if you can get anything their.

As we can't deal with accounts directly here at the forums as they are private etc.

I was hoping that wasn't the case...bravenet's support and help is non-existent...

Is this supposed to inspire my confidence? Should I be supporting their business with a purchase, when they can't support a user of their free service, with a simple question, that would probably take 30 seconds or less to solve?

I guess we're moving on to another of the myriad free web sites! (For sure, we are looking for one with good service, then we will invest from there).

In my case also, at the time, 7 years ago, I knew very little about web design, accounts, and etc. Now I know enough to save passwords, etc.

Oh well, maybe bravenet will actually help me with my problem, and give me more confidence that they can deliver with their technology!

We shall soon see!

thanks for at least replying, it's more than bravenet has done at this point ...

P.S. Just because something is a free service, doesn't mean that you don't support it, it means you do your best to support it, and thereafter, expect great results! If you fail to support it, it doesn't matter what it costs, it reflects bad on your customer support/service. They should stop offering the free web site, if they don't want to support their customers!

Bottom line is: the price someone paid for your product doesn't matter, your customer service and support is what matters! Big time. It will create dollars or lose them for you.

gnite all

Browser: Mozilla

Sherri,

Please open a support ticket stating that you are having login problems and someone can help you.

Courtnie

Been with Bravenet 5/6 years now. new nothing before then about web design or in fact not much about computing.
Built my first and struggled along since then I am happy to say that Bravenet have always answered my questions and kept me going, I don't build flash complicated sites as I don't need them and readers find them difficult to navigate.
There are of course a few that come on here and do not realise that some people are not as clever as them(or they think they are) but it is not nice to read some of the sarcastic replies put on.
But I still would not write a report complaining like the last poster.I would just ignore the remarks as it just reflects what the poster is like
Keep up the good work Courtnie, some appreciate it.

Just call my Glyn I think I am Queen around here.

Just ignore me.