This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
I keep getting 403 Forbidden on my own new site

I'm about to cry or freak out, I've just built a new website, the fourth or fifth I've built, and now that I THINK I have all of the technical issues sorted out - that never should have gone wrong in the first place because I've built hundreds of pages - I'm still getting the dreaded 403 page, and so are other people.

Can somebody help? Does Bravenet have a new click somewhere that changed it from public to not even I can look at it? Did I press something by accident?

I'm at my wit's end here, working on this for FOUR DAYS when it should have taken a few hours at most. Please, please help. I can't wait another 24 hours for the very helpful support ticket people.

Thanks!!

Alice

Browser: Firefox

Re: I keep getting 403 Forbidden on my own new site

It looks like you are missing an index.html FILE - you site seems to be trying to point to a folder called index.html - you need a file in your main directory called index.html - this should be the page you want people to land on.

Courtnie

I had a similar problem. A while ago Bravehost introduced case sensitivity, so that Index.html is not the same as index.html and embedded hrefs must match or the page will not be found; this applies to CSS and javascript references too.

Browser: FF,IE7,IE8

Looks as though it has been done