This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Wesite keeps automatically deleting half of my content on one page after publishing

Hi,

I am having problems with my website.
Basically the page I am having problems with is a mixture of photos and text. But a few times now, I have edited the page, and after publishing I have noticed something else I want to edit. I have then gone back in to the page and half of my page has just automatically deleted itself, and I've got no way of getting it back.
I have literally just had this problem, so re built the whole bottom half of the page from scratch. Believing it was now fine, I published it.
It looked fine, so I went back in to edit a spelling mistake and half of my content had disappeared again!! It is so frustrating as I have to keep doing everything from scratch
Can anybody help to tell me why it is doing it, or how I can stop it from happening?

I am currently using the website wizard to edit my
pages. But If I start to use the visual editor from now on, will this solve the problem?

Thanks

Re: Wesite keeps automatically deleting half of my content on one page after publishing

don't see a URL to even look at to know what doing wrong.

But you are talking about the Wizard and the Visual/text editor

Hopefully you are NOT MIXING them.

If you are using the wizard stay using that and PUBLISH THEIR ONLY if you are staying with the wizard.

If you want to use the visual text editor then move their and stay using that editor only and save/publish pages their DO NOT go back to the wizard.

The wizard ONLY keeps a copy of your page as it was the last time you were in that editor so if you opened your page in the wizard then went to the visual editor then went back to wizard thinking you publish their you just lost any editing you did in the visual text editor because the wizard is as said a strict editor.

As don't know the issues fully happening and myself moved away from bravenet's editors because wanted more freedom to design my site and not have the restrictions you have with Bravenet editors.

Re: Wesite keeps automatically deleting half of my content on one page after publishing

We need to see the site as there are a number of possibilities.

Hi Both,

Thanks for the above. I have since tried switching to the visual editor and have edited it a few times today using this, so far with no problems. Hopefully this has somehow solved the problem.
I will continue to edit with the visual editor and hopefully will have no further problems.
Thanks

Hi Emma,

Be aware that if you add another page to your saite using the wizard, it will also change all your stuff to the way wizard has it pre done.

If it's something you keep doing (I used to too) then just make sure you have a copy of all the other pages and css etc.

Failing that have you tried using something like Dreamweaver to create/edit your site?

Browser: Firefox

Hi,

I have since used the visual editor, but am finding it harder to use as there is no photo storage and photos have to be uploaded from a URL.

Once I have uploaded a photo I am finding it very hard to position on the page etc. Can anyone offer advice on this?

I am unsure whether to go back to using the wizard or now. I have never mixed the 2 before, but am worried that if I go back to the wizard now, the content of the site will be changed or deleted.

I haven't got dreamweaver. Not sure what that is?

You have limitations with the wizard and visual editor.

If you go back to the wizard all you did in the Visual editor WILL BE LOST.

YOU NEED to decide on an editor and stay with it.

Dreamweaver is a web page editor and one many use.

I don't use bravenet's editors because of their limitations.

I want more freedom to design my site to my liking and more.

But as said if you go back to the wizard your page will look as it did the LAST TIME YOU WERE IN THAT EDITOR and EDITED YOUR PAGE and published

So you would be ALMOST starting over