This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Add MS Word document link to site?

Is there any way to add an MS word document to my site, so that a visitor can click on a link and download the document to their computer? I have successfully uploaded the word document as a file in my file manager, but when I edit the actual visual pages of my website (through the visual editor), I can't figure out how to link to the document to make it accessible to visitors. Help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Add MS Word document link to site?

On free sites you should be unable to upload the document. If you were able to upload, I suppose this doesn't apply to you.

I don't use the visual editor, but if there is some problem with the editor and the location of the file, just use the full URL, as if it were on another site. Something like: http://www.allisonssite.com/whatever.doc

Possible problems may be mistakes about location/subdirectories, or crazy spelling. Based on the information you are willing to share, it is kind of hard to guess.

If you have figured it out, OK. If not, tell us where your site is, and the location and name of the Word document.

Re: Add MS Word document link to site?

Thank you! Problem solved!