This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Expired Website

Okay, admittedly I don't use Bravehost very much. I used to have a free website that I used a lot. Then I had a website I paid for too. Well, I let that one expire and now my free website is expired too. I don't know when this happened. My paid site expired January of 2009. I don't know if they made a mistake and shut down my free site when my paid one expired. Just wanted to know if someone here might have an idea? Thanks.

Browser: Internet Explorer

Re: Expired Website

you have a bravehost subdomain but if you had paid hosting on it then yes it is expired.

If you are paying for something with your site and it expires you have to renew it. Doesn't automatically revert to a free site because you WERE PAYING for it. You have to contact bravenet via a support ticket so you can LET THEM KNOW you want to revert back to a free subdomain and discontinue your paid hosting that is what is expired is your hosting on your subdomain. It needs to be renewed for your subdomain/website to even be working or you letting them know so the hosting plan can be officially dropped back to the free

I had both a free and a paid site. The paid one lapsed, which I knew it was going to and let it. The free one I expected to keep. When I visit the free site though, it tells me its expired. I don't understand that because it was always a free account.

Browser: Internet Explorer

Ok you apparently didn't quite understand what totally you were doing

But you signed up for xxxx.bravehost.com site
Now if you didn't purchase the paid hosting plan then your subdomain was on the FREE HOSTING plan meaning you were not paying for it and had the ads and more with it.

Now perhaps later you decided to upgrade your hosting on the subdomain so that means you are NOW PAYING on it so you have to keep up with your hosting and when it expires if you still want to have your website that meant you either PAID for another year or such of hosting or contacted them that you didn't want the paid plan anymore so they could revert your site back to the free hosting only when you did one of these things would your site be active.

So if you want your subdomain reverted back to the FREE HOSTED ONE then open a ticket and tell them you want to cancel your paid hosting on your subdomain and have it reverted back to free hosting. Then your site should be activated and usable in some fashion again.

As far as what is happening Bravenet is still regarding you as on a paid hosting contract and is awaiting you to renew or tell them via the support ticket you want to revert back to the FREE hosted plan

You just fell into a trap that happens with many that if I pay for the upgraded hosting for a year to have no ads etc on my site then after a year it just automatically goes back to free THAT ISN'T THE CASE.

SO go to main page to open a support ticket and wait for a response or monitor for a response online.

Can't take care of these things really at the forum.

Forums are for general questions but if need technical assistance from bravenet OPEN SUPPORT TICKET