This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
2 pages wont load

On my tabs when i select services or my resume these pages can't be found.

Browser: Firefox

Re: 2 pages wont load

Your resume page is passwordprotected.
But the services page is misspelled in your menu.
Your menu says:
Parttimework.htm
But the filename is Parttimework.html

Parttimework I tried to change it to html,but i get the message disk quota exceeded.
It wont let me save the change.
What can i do ?

The Resume page didn't load after i put in the password.
The password is "autocad"
Please try it.

the resume page is trying to go to 2 places

You have it going to autocad.html then redirects to nope.html and not sure which one it is supposed to be

Also make sure you have not exceeded your space limit as well with fact you have free subdomain and free hosting

Could have some things better with your site.

How can i cut down the size of space used ?

for starters the big problem that uses up most space are images that are oversized so if your images are too big may need to size them down with irfanview or something

Even though the images look small on your site the actual size of them could be another story since you click on them and get a little bigger view of the image

5mb of space can be used up quickly as with that amount of space sites are meant only to be a small little site if want a full business site might suggest a domain and paid hosting

Used to be ages ago you had more space with the free hosted subdomains and more but people starting abusing that so it was dropped down to 5mb so most times people have space issues images are the culprit

Now not fully saying that could be issue but just watch it with what you have and more.

Especially when putting more content on your other pages when you get them all working properly and more

Your resume page is Resume.html, not resume.htm.
Delete any images larger than 50 kb, and upload new, improved versions.

I resized some images & when i tried to upload them it wouldn't let me.
I deleted the original first & still get disk quota.
I can't even delete them & SAVE the changes.
How can i get this to work ?

I don't know, but it has been suggested that deletions don't have an effect on the quota immediately. Perhaps the program counts your kilobytes once a day or something.

Also, deleting the images and not being able to save the changes....? You realize that you aren't deleting images if you just remove them from the page in Wizard, right? I don't use Wizard myself, but I believe you need to go to File Manager to actually delete files (unless there is a wizard option I haven't heard of - might will be the case).

I did use File Manager

Well, the files should have been deleted, then. Check to see if the deletions have registered today. How much webspace are you currently using? (One of the first things you see as you log on and go to your websites)

I am using 6MB
I deleted a image,but when i go to my site the image is still there.

if you have 6mb then you are over if you have a free hosted subdomain

need to do some moving and more or deleting.

Have to watch what you are putting up as said and get your space down because you really can't put anything more up till you get well down.

It won't let me delete & save the changes.
Why is it when i deleted an image & not let me save,but the images is gone in File manager but still on the web site ?

i see all images on your main page but there is a red x in the purple box at top as if something was there or is not coded correctly

Some images the bigger sized ones don't show up.

Make sure what images you deleted because am sure you had one image file for the small and another for the larger images

But as said with 5mb of space your websites are not meant to be splashy sites and more just a little site and the space can be used up fast as said with large images that are over the size limit they should be EVEN though they APPEAR to be one size on your site they most often are a total other size.

I have seen this issue before around here at the forums but can't remember what the solution was with deleting files and the space issue etc

As far as I know, there isn't any saving involved in deleting files in File Manager. I just deleted one, it is gone. Of course, if I wanted to edit a page on which that file was displayed, I'd need to save. But first concentrate on getting below 5 mb.

If the image is gone in File Manager and still displayed on your site, you are most likely imagining it. Well, not really, but perhaps you are seeing a page that is cached on your computer.

You still need to slim down by 1 megabyte. Or upgrade to paid hosting. Hosting isn't very expensive, and you would get rid of all the annoying advertisements.

Do you see an image named "swish.gif" on your main page? I don't, and it is gone, so I suspect it is one you deleted.

I don't sse the box with the red X
All images are there
The Swish is used in the title & is showing.

OK, then we know what the problem is, because the image isn't there. You are looking at files cached on your computer.

Look at your page, press Ctrl-F5

I cleared my cache & i still have images showing that i deleted.
How can they be there & were are they coming from.