This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Hosting a site with Bravehost that is registered in another bravehost account

My question, I have a client that registered their own domain in a "free" bravehost account.

Basically they have a "parked domain".

Now I want to host their website in my bravehost account so I can manage their website for them but they control the domain name.

I changed the NS..1 & NS..2 as bravehost instructed me to but when I go to add the domain to my hosting package it says "already exists".

I am sure it is something simple I am overlooking. Please help.

Browser: explorer

Re: Hosting a site with Bravehost that is registered in another bravehost account

Use the "add external domain" option.

Courtnie

Re: Hosting a site with Bravehost that is registered in another bravehost account

Thank you courtney, I did, it said "domain already exists"

I'm assuming because it is registered in bravehost in one account and I want to host it in bravehost in a different account...

Browser: explorer

I am sorry, you are correct. Because it is hosted in one Bravenet account it can not to be added externally to another.

Aside from transferring the domain your best bet is probably make a website on your account using a different URL and have the domain owner redirect the domain to the other URL.

Sorry for the trouble.
Courtnie