This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Transferring a Site I Already Have

Hi,

I am interested in buying a Web hosting package with Bravenet. Currently, though, I have a Web site with Yahoo Sitebuilder, along with a domain name of course. I don't want to lose that domain name I already own with Yahoo Sitebuilder, as my visitors have known the site through that URL for 6 years now. However, I am not pleased with Yahoo's web hosting anymore. I'm ready to move on to something better.

Is there a way that I can transfer all my web pages to Bravenet and still keep the original domain name with Yahoo Sitebuilder? Or will I have to get a completely new URL along with the new Web hosting package?

I'd greatly appreciate your help. Thank you for your time.

Re: Transferring a Site I Already Have

At the Bravenet end there is no problem about having the domain name hosted by a third party. At the end of the day it is a Yahoo question not a Bravenet one and you need to ask them.

The main problem may not be with the domain. But you said "Sitebuilder". I haven't worked with Yahoo Sitebuilder, but are you certain you can maintain and edit these pages on your own outside Yahoo? I'm not saying that you can't, I just seem to remember that there is some catch to Sitebuilder.

I’ll contact Yahoo Sitebuilder with this question and go from there. I figured they wouldn’t really help me considering I’m no longer interested in their service and/or Web hosting package.

I would think I could maintain and edit the pages without Yahoo, but then again, maybe not? All I want is a new Web host without losing my [dot]com name. I've had this Web site for 6 years now. I'd hate to think that in order to get a new Web host, I'd have to get a new URL and make my visitors get acquainted with a new URL all over again. I'm actually quite happy with the URL I have, but...

Thanks for your help anyway.

The domain is yours as long as you keep up the domain like renewing it each year etc

Where you host it is up to you.

You just have to contact your prior host also with getting it transferred and things as well too.

Now with moving here to bravenet you will have to use your own editor perhaps and things or their editors but may have to redesign possibly as I don't know Yahoo site builder either.