This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
broken picture links

I have created mt webpage and downloaded everything properly and my pictures are not showing up. they are broken links and boxes. I don't know what else to try!

I made my website in MS Publisher and everything looks fine and works properly in my file, just not uploaded...

PLEASE ASSIST!

Browser: Chrome

Re: broken picture links

A couple of possibilities. According to your html your images are supposed to be in a folder called trial_files. Did you upload them to that folder? Did you remember to upload them at all?

I am having the same problem. Link in the html document is correct, the file is there, I check it on my computer before uploading to the server but when I upload the picture does not show. Please heeelppp!!!
The site is
http://superpapagan.bravehost.com

Browser: firefox

you have to make sure the html coding is correct for where your image is supposed to be

if you have your image set to

quim_images/background.gif

then it better be in a quim_images folder in your root directory and the background.gif file there as well

otherwise it shows up as a red x

not sure what foreign editor you are even using as well

As I said earlier the document is there. When I check the img src= code it is correct and shows the address where the picture is. I open the html file via internet explorer and it shows fine. But when I upload it to the server some pictures do not show up. All my pictures are on the folder 'resim'.
Please help!!

Browser: firefox

Check your spelling and CaPs in file names. Your file name must be EXACTLY as it is appears. If you have CAPS/lowercase letters in your filename - make sure they match in your HTML.

Courtnie