This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Stop or Turn off Wizard

I've deleted the old files and uploaded the new files. None of it works because I get this error:

"Please note, any changes made here will NOT be loaded into the Website Wizard. If you want to edit your pages from here, you'll need to stop using the Wizard to publish, as this would overwrite the File Manager changes"

I have never used this "wizard" nor have I turned it on. I've always used the file upload. It's been about a year since I've uploaded any info. But now that I have a new design, I want to use... I can't...

Any help you provide would be great.

Browser: safari

Re: Stop or Turn off Wizard

Marquis,

That is not an error it is just a general warning because we get so many people mixing the two up. If you are not using the wizard you can just ignore it.

Just upload your site like normal.

Courtnie

Re: Stop or Turn off Wizard

Yeah the Wizard publishing is ONLY IF YOU ARE USING the wizard editor NOT if you are using the Text/visual editor here at bravenet or such

If you want to design your site yourself use FTP to upload files or a web design program you can use on your computer etc.

Too many people think you publish in the Wizard editor and you DO NOT UNLESS YOU ARE USING THE WIZARD EDITOR ONLY.

Your files get overwritten because the wizard only keeps the page as it last was when you were in that editor etc SO Stay away from the wizard if you are using a different editor