This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Uploading files.

There seems to be a delay between the time I upload files and the time I can view them. this can be 12 to 24 hours.I have asked friends to check and they can see the update. I have checked with my it person and he said it could be that my ip address has not been cleared. I am using WS-FTP Home and the times show the last update. Could someone help me please

Browser: Internet Explorer

Re: Uploading files.

Usually if you upload things you can see right away.

I never have problems.

Try hitting refresh to see your updated page

Unless as said the delay is on your end with your ISP provider

It is down to the way that your browser was configured when it was first installed.

The browser can't tell if you are connected on an unlimited bandwidth high speed connection, are paying by the second on a slow speed satelite phone connection or somewhere in between. It is designed to play safe and download as little as possible so it keeps copies of recently downloaded files and displays them rather than going back over the web.

If you are seeing an old version of a file just click on the reload icon in the browser toolbar. This will force the browser back over the web to get the latest version of the page.

Thanks for your replies.
I have already contacted my service provider and has OK my connection including my data capability. The update shows when I use Bravenet Java but doesnot show on either WS-FTP Home or FileZilla. This has been going on since the update.

Lance

Browser: W7

Don't use the java use an ftp program

It is a whole lot better and more

The Java applet here at bravenet has been not great and more.

Want something more reliable with uploading use a 3rd party ftp program

Updates usually happen when you upload properly but as said could be something with the program you are using or something else on your end.

I have no problems if don't see my updates right away then I refresh my page in my browser and it is there.

Also make sure you are uploading to right place as well and of course properly with a reliable ftp program

I have used both WS-FTP and Filezilla with Bravenet and have not experienced any problems.

Lance I sometimes have the same problem. I've looked through previous forum entries and found several others who are experiencing this anomoly. There is a common thread; all of us with this problem seem to be using Windows 7. I have an idea that the problem is somehow related to our OS-- I've used Bravenet for years and never had this glitch until upgrading to windows 7. Further research required.